ronniesportman

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
Good
  • Name:Raunak

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:54 PM

Sorry for the Delay,

I thought I was just judging this round, but I am also debating round 1 - Here is the 1AC Word Count 2750 on the nose

Attached Files

#2 jmeza111401

jmeza111401

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Okay
  • Name:upan namzug
  • School:north dakota high

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:48 PM

ok cool cx will be up as soon as i get home 

#3 jmeza111401

jmeza111401

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Okay

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:23 PM

heres cx

1. what is the importance of the poem ?

2. how do the lives of minorities specificaly people with disabilities look like post aff?

3. what do you mean by "we want danger, poetry, permanent mobilisation, beauty, song, art"

4. how is the affs poetry beutiful ?

5. what is depression ?

6. if you do not endorse the ableist language of the card what parts do you endorse?

#4 jmeza111401

jmeza111401

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Okay

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:01 PM

one more question 

7. what does capitalism looks like post aff ?

#5 OutKTheK

OutKTheK

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
Good

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:22 PM

I'd just like to post here to notify you that I am indeed here and judging, and my paradigm is on the thread. Good luck to the both of you!

Edited by OutKTheK, 16 April 2018 - 04:29 PM.

#6 ronniesportman

ronniesportman

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
Good

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:00 PM

heres cx

1. what is the importance of the poem ?

I guess that we will defend that the poem is a form of poetry that breaks down semiocapitalism. Our Fernando 10 evidence explains that poetry is the only place that creates a split between the semio-environment and the environment. And our Bifo 11 card that's right below that explains how poetry will be the forces leading to the creation of a cognitarian self-consciousness:

2. how do the lives of minorities specificaly people with disabilities look like post aff?

I guess post aff we would better the lives of all minorities including people with disabilities.  we are the last form of resistance and the last shot at solvency to overcome semiocap. I mean destroying elitist cognitive parasite would be a net good. 

3. what do you mean by "we want danger, poetry, permanent mobilisation, beauty, song, art"

I guess it would be an affirmation of the Manifesto of post futurism. 

4. how is the affs poetry beutiful ?

We will defend all poetry as relatively beautiful. But its the affirmation of poetry aka the performance poetry is good you vote aff. 

5. what is depression ?

That's a really interesting question actually. Bifo refers to depression as the perception of the absence of meaning as a condition close to the Truth because it is the moment in which we grasp the non-existence of meaning. The deep nucleus of depression consists in the physical contraction, in the incapability of the body to touch the other’s body and of being touched by it. From that contact we can draw the certainty of meaning, which is nowhere in the world, but only in this very tactile connection of my skin with your skin.  

6. if you do not endorse the ableist language of the card what parts do you endorse?

Everything else :)

7. I guess we would defend that the malign nature of current cognitive capitalism would be erased.

#7 jmeza111401

jmeza111401

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Okay

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:05 PM

Cool 1nc will be up asap

#8 jmeza111401

jmeza111401

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Okay

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:10 PM

here the 1nc order 3 off then case 

Edited by jmeza111401, 16 April 2018 - 06:11 PM.

#9 jmeza111401

jmeza111401

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Okay

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:12 PM

oof I keep on forgetting to click attach

Attached Files

#10 jmeza111401

jmeza111401

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Okay

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:18 PM

oh, also who is thy judge and what is thy prefs?

#11 OutKTheK

OutKTheK

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
Good

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:41 PM

I am the judge, and my prefs can be found on the original ODT thread. tldr; I'm your generic circuit judge. I like and commonly go for kritiks and kritikal affirmatives, and am very familiar with framework, how to go for framework, and how to answer framework.

#12 ronniesportman

ronniesportman

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
Good

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:45 PM

oof I keep on forgetting to click attach

The highlighting for the 2nd off isn't showing up for me.... would you mind re sending it

#13 jmeza111401

jmeza111401

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Okay

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:52 PM

Its a light grey highlighting but ima re highlight it if you want

#14 jmeza111401

jmeza111401

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Okay

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:01 PM

the re-highlighted version here open for cx whenever you're are ready 

Attached Files

#15 ronniesportman

ronniesportman

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
Good

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:37 PM

The highlighting for the 2nd off isn't showing up for me.... would you mind re sending it

To start off I would like to apologize for my ableistic rhetoric specifically idi*** in the 1AC. I did not mean to offend anyone. 

For Now CX I guess, 

1.Can you explain how poetry is a form of aesthetics?

2.How can we shift our advocacy?

3. Given that I have already cede the state, how does me losing the round Solve?

4. Is the word idi*** itself a reason to drop me or is it the meaning behind the word?

May have follow up Q's

#16 jmeza111401

jmeza111401

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Okay

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:06 PM

To start off I would like to apologize for my ableistic rhetoric specifically idi*** in the 1AC. I did not mean to offend anyone. 

For Now CX I guess, 

cool so all art including poetry has an aesthetic and the way your suppose feel about it them that is the aesthetic

can you explain this question im not quite sure what you mean by shift 

3. Given that I have already cede the state, how does me losing the round Solve?

well if you as an individual already cede the political voting you down will stop the spread of this idea of ceding the state as a radical form of civic engagement 

and instead to re-conceptualizing democratic politics as a radical form of civic engagement 

4. Is the word idi*** itself a reason to drop me or is it the meaning behind the word?

yes, you should get voted down b/c of the way the word was used in your card let me quote "We want to ridicule the idiots who spread the discourse of war" bifo 10

in this context the word is use as an offense and this leads to many impacts as read in our Ben-Moshe, 5 card

May have follow up Q's

no problem ask away buddy 

#17 ronniesportman

ronniesportman

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
Good

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:03 PM

For Now CX I guess, 

cool so all art including poetry has an aesthetic and the way your suppose feel about it them that is the aesthetic

can you explain this question im not quite sure what you mean by shift 

well if you as an individual already cede the political voting you down will stop the spread of this idea of ceding the state as a radical form of civic engagement 

and instead to re-conceptualizing democratic politics as a radical form of civic engagement 

yes, you should get voted down b/c of the way the word was used in your card let me quote "We want to ridicule the idiots who spread the discourse of war" bifo 10

in this context the word is use as an offense and this leads to many impacts as read in our Ben-Moshe, 5 card

May have follow up Q's

no problem ask away buddy 

Follow Up Q1.  Can you point to a line in your evidence that warrants this?

Follow Up Q2. Under limits you say that we can become a moving target and shift our advocacy in the 1AR,  my question is how

Follow Up Q3. Nothing Will ask a diff question at the bottom

Follow Up Q4. I guess my question here is that is the meaning of the word Idi*** bad or is it just the word thats bad. 

Extra Q: Whats the impact to ground?

#18 jmeza111401

jmeza111401

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Okay

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:20 PM

no specific warrant that says this but it can be inferred from the meaning of aesthetics and our second sibers 10 card that reads "The appreciation of the work of art is a topic well rehearsed in the history of aesthetics, but rarely is it considered from the vantage point of the disabled mind—no doubt because the spectacle of the mentally disabled person, rising with emotion before the shining work of art, disrupts the long-standing belief that pronouncements of taste depend on a form of human intelligence as autonomous and imaginative as the art object itself"

Follow Up Q2. Under limits you say that we can become a moving target and shift our advocacy in the 1AR,  my question is how

you can easily shift your advocacy in different ways ie you can change the meaning and interpretation of it

coolio

Follow Up Q4. I guess my question here is that is the meaning of the word Idi*** bad or is it just the word that's bad. 

the way the word was used to offend is bad and the way your author endorses the word being used that way in his work

Extra Q: Whats the impact on the ground?

we the negative have really little ground we lose any/and all politics DA's, (which are my fav) we lose fed da, since you aff is an advocacy you also can easily perm this puts the neg at a disadvantage 

Edited by jmeza111401, 16 April 2018 - 09:24 PM.

#19 ronniesportman

ronniesportman

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
Good

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:31 PM

no specific warrant that says this but it can be inferred from the meaning of aesthetics and our second sibers 10 card that reads "The appreciation of the work of art is a topic well rehearsed in the history of aesthetics, but rarely is it considered from the vantage point of the disabled mind—no doubt because the spectacle of the mentally disabled person, rising with emotion before the shining work of art, disrupts the long-standing belief that pronouncements of taste depend on a form of human intelligence as autonomous and imaginative as the art object itself"

you can easily shift your advocacy in different ways ie you can change the meaning and interpretation of it

coolio

Follow Up Q4. I guess my question here is that is the meaning of the word Idi*** bad or is it just the word that's bad. 

the way the word was used to offend is bad and the way your author endorses the word being used that way in his work

Extra Q: Whats the impact on the ground?

we the negative have really little ground we lose any/and all politics DA's, (which are my fav) we lose fed da, since you aff is an advocacy you also can easily perm this puts the neg at a disadvantage 

I guess 2 last questions its gonna be a follow up to Q1 and Extra Q

1. Why is a poem a form of art?

2. Why is that bad?

#20 jmeza111401

jmeza111401

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Okay

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:24 AM

I guess 2 last questions its gonna be a follow up to Q1 and Extra Q

1. Why is a poem a form of art?

well for starters you can express yourself through a poem 

making it an art form, also even if you claim it not to be an art form it still has 

an aesthetic b/c you say that poetry is/will be the forces leading to the creation of a cognitarian self-consciousness

and this might be true for some but it still excludes the mind who cant understand the poem/s and its meaning

2. Why is that bad?

it limits the ammount of arguments i can run increase the arguments you can run wich is bad  because no one should have an upper hand debate is game and should be fair