4 replies to this topic

#1 debategirl52

debategirl52

Novice

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Neutral

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:11 PM

I want a list of reason the PERM-- do both solves NEOLIB. Assume the alt is cultivate anti-capitalist pedagogies and the AFF solves Inequality (through teacher quals). PLEASE!!!!! I just want someone to write it out for me bc I don't know why it solves

#2 Austinkiihnl

Austinkiihnl

Varsity

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Okay
  • Name:Austin Kiihnl
  • School:Caddo Magnet

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:29 PM

You could frame the permutation as something like "There's no reason we can't support teacher qualifications and engage in the cultivation of anti-capitalist pedagogy." However, this only really works if the aff is either passive about capitalism, and doesn't take a real stance on it, or if the aff is anti-capitalist. If it has something like an economy impact, or is pro-capitalism, that perm will definitely not work.

#3 NickDB8

NickDB8

Exodus Files Forum Representative

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Nick
  • School:Emporia HS

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:53 PM

frame educational equality as a prerequisite to pedagogical practices because those suffering from inequality are the ones most impacted by neoliberal capitalism

Exodus Files - Updated 5/21! Grab our new STEM Affirmative for the upcoming education topic!

Research Tools

#4 GracchusBabeuf

GracchusBabeuf

Varsity

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Good

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:58 AM

You could frame the permutation as something like "There's no reason we can't support teacher qualifications and engage in the cultivation of anti-capitalist pedagogy." However, this only really works if the aff is either passive about capitalism, and doesn't take a real stance on it, or if the aff is anti-capitalist. If it has something like an economy impact, or is pro-capitalism, that perm will definitely not work.

you need to win the link debate to make this perm, or this perm doesnt make sense. which you wont win running this aff, based on my interpretation of "teacher quals," you are just making teachers better to train a better workforce, and there is probably lit out there that says that, if not its still an argument any team would make.

frame educational equality as a prerequisite to pedagogical practices because those suffering from inequality are the ones most impacted by neoliberal capitalism

i guess you could argue this, but its probably not the best argument to make because it requires you to win the link flow. the world of the alt will also be better than the world of the aff with any risk of a residual link. however, youll have a lot going for you if you win framework, because you can weigh that on the link flow to mitigate it

to be honest this all depends on the round, how they handle framework, the links, the alt, etc. going for the perm against a k will probably only happen if they mishandle the perm, so just look out for mistakes they make. and probably make the argument that if the alt can't overcome the poor links to the aff, then it can't solve, and use leverage on framework to justify this

the best course of action will probably be to make all of these arguments, since they arent exclusive. so like "pdb solves for 'x' reasons: ...."

edit: formating

Edited by GracchusBabeuf, 09 November 2017 - 10:59 AM.

#5 avaishnav2

avaishnav2

Novice

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:30 PM

As long as you do not have an argument saying that the Aff is supporting/increasing the impact of capitalism, it solves. Since the alt is anti-capitalist, you can still accomplish a Perm do both successfully as the teachers can be trained anti-capitalistically and the Aff's solution can still be implemented, resulting in a better "world" than just the Aff or just the Neg (remember: only if there is no pro-capitalistic push from the aff---can't perm in that case as the ideologies behind the arguments clash).