MaxWang

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Good
  • Name:DisBoiuLIfe
  • School:Wylie

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:02 PM

They would be more successful if they followed the example of the esteemed Greenhill CR, although Lasa AV is a very good local team in their own right, they just don't size up to the skill and prowess of Sam Charnes.

Edited by DisBoiuLIfe, 07 November 2017 - 06:06 PM.

#3 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Ryan

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:27 PM

I got to meet Mason Marriott-Voss at UTNIF, who was really smart.

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

This cross-ex is taking too long.

Kafka 25 (Franz, Novelist, Translated by David Wyllie, "The Trial", 1925) //Snowball

K. was informed by telephone that there would be a small hearing concerning his case the following Sunday. He was made aware that these cross examinations would follow one another regularly, perhaps not every week but quite frequently. On the one hand it was in everyone’s interest to bring proceedings quickly to their conclusion, but on the other hand every aspect of the examinations had to be carried out thoroughly without lasting too long because of the associated stress. For these reasons, it had been decided to hold a series of brief examinations following on one after another. Sunday had been chosen as the day for the hearings so that K. would not be disturbed in his professional work. It was assumed that he would be in agreement with this, but if he wished for another date then, as far as possible, he would be accommodated. Cross-examinations could even be held in the night, for instance, but K. would probably not be fresh enough at that time. Anyway, as long as K. made no objection, the hearing would be left on Sundays. It was a matter of course that he would have to appear without fail, there was probably no need to point this out to him. He would be given the number of the building where he was to present himself, which was in a street in a suburb well away from the city centre which K. had never been to before.

#4 DefendTheWall

DefendTheWall

Varsity

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Good
  • School:Greenhill

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:41 PM

They would be more successful if they followed the example of the esteemed Greenhill CR, although Lasa AV is a very good local team in their own right, they just don't size up to the skill and prowess of Sam Charnes.

I couldn't agree more, LASA AV has potential but fails to see it through because they don't execute like Greenhill CR going for Trumpism.

#5 MaxWang

MaxWang

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Good

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:18 PM

I couldn't agree more, LASA AV has potential but fails to see it through because they don't execute like Greenhill CR going for Trumpism.

I daresay that if they modeled such expert and skillful arguments such as "No impact to warming and CO2 k2 plant growth" and "Trumpism," presented by the most ingenious of debaters, Sam Charnes, they would rise very quickly in the ranks of the local leading debaters (mostly comprised of Greenhill teams -- on a side note, Charnes is the most respected of the Greenhill debaters and is very well-known for carrying debaters like Eckert, Grimsley, and Khambati through his hard work in his school's dropbox and discussion of some very inventive arguments - in fact, Forslund decided to split him and his almost equally as good former partner Shaurya Thatgir from each other because he thought that it would be unfair for local teams to debate the duo's combined might. The two created a coverup story in which they claimed that they didn't like each other anymore, but any fan of Charnes would know that those two would be unstoppable if paired together).

If they follow in the footsteps of Greenhill CR, LASA might even be able to win the highly prestigious and acclaimed Plano West Invitational (known for its highly critical entry selection process), although if Charnes decided to compete next year, there would be no chance of LASA winning. 2nd place at the Plano West Invitational is always encouraged, granted that it is almost impossible to give a 2NC or 1AR after Charnes's speech because of the beauty and eloquence of it. 

Edited by DisBoiuLIfe, 08 November 2017 - 03:47 AM.

#6 SirNauticus

SirNauticus

Novice

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Okay
  • Name:Herbert R. Funk
  • School:Montgomery Bell

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:27 PM

Lets give credit where credit is due; Greenhill CR would not be nearly as good if it were not for the illustrious, ever-wise Eric Forslund . Truly a legendary coach, and I would say that he has the BEST STRATEGIES, namely warming good. 

Oh if I could have ol' Eric as my coach my life would be complete 

Fiat is illusory

#7 MaxWang

MaxWang

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Good

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

Lets give credit where credit is due; Greenhill CR would not be nearly as good if it were not for the illustrious, ever-wise Eric Forslund . Truly a legendary coach, and I would say that he has the BEST STRATEGIES, namely warming good. 

Oh if I could have ol' Eric as my coach my life would be complete 

Yeah, but we have somebody else.

I wish he would foster in us a drive to read arguments such as Trumpism like the great Forslund did to the even greater Charnes. I remain astounded at the skill of meticulousness of Greenhill CR as they effortlessly won the honorable Plano West Invitational, reading such great arguments that even legends like Penninsula TW, MBA KR, or even Max Wang, the best novice debater in Dallas, would applaud and be amazed at the brilliance of the illustrious Sam Charnes.

#8 Nonegfiat

Nonegfiat

Agambabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
Excellent

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:42 PM

I'm a big fan of Ezra Serrins

DOUBLE BIND- Either the harms of the aff are true and they can't solve until they control the levers of power OR the harms are constructed and you reject them for alarmism

#9 jswegthefuture

jswegthefuture

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Excellent
  • Name:jonathan lee
  • School:camas

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:45 PM

lasa av is awesome

#10 TestNav

TestNav

Novice

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Okay

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

I daresay that if they modeled such expert and skillful arguments such as "No impact to warming and CO2 k2 plant growth" and "Trumpism," presented by the most ingenious of debaters, Sam Charnes, they would rise very quickly in the ranks of the local leading debaters (mostly comprised of Greenhill teams -- on a side note, Charnes is the most respected of the Greenhill debaters and is very well-known for carrying debaters like Eckert, Grimsley, and Khimbati through his hard work in his school's dropbox and discussion of some very inventive arguments - in fact, Forslund decided to split him and his almost equally as good former partner Shaurya Thatgir from each other because he thought that it would be unfair for local teams to debate the duo's combined might. The two created a coverup story in which they claimed that they didn't like each other anymore, but any fan of Charnes would know that those two would be unstoppable if paired together).

If they follow in the footsteps of Greenhill CR, LASA might even be able to win the highly prestigious and acclaimed Plano West Invitational (known for its highly critical entry selection process), although if Charnes decided to compete next year, there would be no chance of LASA winning. 2nd place at the Plano West Invitational is always encouraged, granted that it is almost impossible to give a 2NC or 1AR after Charnes's speech because of the beauty and eloquence of it. 

lmao didn't he lose the fourth round of that tournament to some noob novice team?

#11 MaxWang

MaxWang

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Good

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:58 PM

lmao didn't he lose the fourth round of that tournament to some noob novice team?

That's impossible, Sam Charnes  is infallible. That's obviously a mistake with Joy of Tournaments and not Charnes. And even if he did, it was probably the judge's mistake because he was avowed with the skill demonstrated by Sam Charnes in that round that he mistakenly circled the wrong team on the ballot.

#12 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Ryan

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:13 PM

I feel like some people on this website are not who they say they are.

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

This cross-ex is taking too long.

Kafka 25 (Franz, Novelist, Translated by David Wyllie, "The Trial", 1925) //Snowball

K. was informed by telephone that there would be a small hearing concerning his case the following Sunday. He was made aware that these cross examinations would follow one another regularly, perhaps not every week but quite frequently. On the one hand it was in everyone’s interest to bring proceedings quickly to their conclusion, but on the other hand every aspect of the examinations had to be carried out thoroughly without lasting too long because of the associated stress. For these reasons, it had been decided to hold a series of brief examinations following on one after another. Sunday had been chosen as the day for the hearings so that K. would not be disturbed in his professional work. It was assumed that he would be in agreement with this, but if he wished for another date then, as far as possible, he would be accommodated. Cross-examinations could even be held in the night, for instance, but K. would probably not be fresh enough at that time. Anyway, as long as K. made no objection, the hearing would be left on Sundays. It was a matter of course that he would have to appear without fail, there was probably no need to point this out to him. He would be given the number of the building where he was to present himself, which was in a street in a suburb well away from the city centre which K. had never been to before.

#13 TestNav

TestNav

Novice

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Okay

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

I feel like some people on this website are not who they say they are.

Yea, obviously some greenhill kids took the time to troll all of us

#14 Nonegfiat

Nonegfiat

Agambabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
Excellent

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:25 AM

I daresay that if they modeled such expert and skillful arguments such as "No impact to warming and CO2 k2 plant growth" and "Trumpism," presented by the most ingenious of debaters, Sam Charnes, they would rise very quickly in the ranks of the local leading debaters (mostly comprised of Greenhill teams -- on a side note, Charnes is the most respected of the Greenhill debaters and is very well-known for carrying debaters like Eckert, Grimsley, and Khambati through his hard work in his school's dropbox and discussion of some very inventive arguments - in fact, Forslund decided to split him and his almost equally as good former partner Shaurya Thatgir from each other because he thought that it would be unfair for local teams to debate the duo's combined might. The two created a coverup story in which they claimed that they didn't like each other anymore, but any fan of Charnes would know that those two would be unstoppable if paired together).

i've never heard of half the debaters mentioned here but this made me laugh

DOUBLE BIND- Either the harms of the aff are true and they can't solve until they control the levers of power OR the harms are constructed and you reject them for alarmism

#15 elmeryang00

elmeryang00

BoSu Fanboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Elmer Yang
  • School:Mckinney Boyd

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:01 AM

i've never heard of half the debaters mentioned here but this made me laugh

You've never heard of Eckert Grimsley?

#16 Nonegfiat

Nonegfiat

Agambabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
Excellent

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:21 AM

You've never heard of Eckert Grimsley?

Those are two debaters I have heard of. They were on the HS circuit last year, but I stopped following as much after I graduated

#17 elmeryang00

elmeryang00

BoSu Fanboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Elmer Yang
  • School:Mckinney Boyd

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:30 AM

Those are two debaters I have heard of. They were on the HS circuit last year, but I stopped following as much after I graduated

And you've never heard of Sam Charnes? He's a sleeper for the TOC. I faced him this year and was blinded by his raw talent.

#18 Nonegfiat

Nonegfiat

Agambabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
Excellent

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:33 AM

And you've never heard of Sam Charnes? He's a sleeper for the TOC. I faced him this year and was blinded by his raw talent.

No I don't know who that is. I'm also not from Texas so I don't have a reason to know about these people unless they're breaking at major bid tournaments or something like that

#19 Vipash

Vipash

Novice

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Slipping...
  • Name:Vipashchit Nanda
  • School:Kerr High School

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:02 PM

Can I have a card that states that reform fatigue won't happen?

Edited by Vipash, 08 November 2017 - 12:20 PM.

#20 ThatHegGoodTeam

ThatHegGoodTeam

Junior-Varsity

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Okay

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:20 AM

No I don't know who that is. I'm also not from Texas so I don't have a reason to know about these people unless they're breaking at major bid tournaments or something like that

I see their going to a few big tournaments coming up