1offframework

Junior-Varsity

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Okay
  • Name:Sebastian Schipman
  • School:Fort Collins High School

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:07 AM

What are some of your thoughts on what the best DA(s) are for this topic? I know there aren't a lot, but I'm curious

The argument against the perm would be that objective morality is good, and I disagree with objective morality even more than I do with Negative fiat. 

#2 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Ryan

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:11 AM

I'm reading card that says the federal role in education is unconstitutional and a card from an article called "Sacrifice and Sacred Honor: Why the Constitution is a Suicide Pact."

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

This cross-ex is taking too long.

Kafka 25 (Franz, Novelist, Translated by David Wyllie, "The Trial", 1925) //Snowball

K. was informed by telephone that there would be a small hearing concerning his case the following Sunday. He was made aware that these cross examinations would follow one another regularly, perhaps not every week but quite frequently. On the one hand it was in everyone’s interest to bring proceedings quickly to their conclusion, but on the other hand every aspect of the examinations had to be carried out thoroughly without lasting too long because of the associated stress. For these reasons, it had been decided to hold a series of brief examinations following on one after another. Sunday had been chosen as the day for the hearings so that K. would not be disturbed in his professional work. It was assumed that he would be in agreement with this, but if he wished for another date then, as far as possible, he would be accommodated. Cross-examinations could even be held in the night, for instance, but K. would probably not be fresh enough at that time. Anyway, as long as K. made no objection, the hearing would be left on Sundays. It was a matter of course that he would have to appear without fail, there was probably no need to point this out to him. He would be given the number of the building where he was to present himself, which was in a street in a suburb well away from the city centre which K. had never been to before.

#3 mutd

mutd

Junior-Varsity

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:14 PM

I'm reading card that says the federal role in education is unconstitutional and a card from an article called "Sacrifice and Sacred Honor: Why the Constitution is a Suicide Pact."

Can u send me the cards? If not, totally okay

#4 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• 1,558 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:26 PM

Can u send me the cards? If not, totally okay

Just grab "Constitution Advantage - HHS" from the 2015 Open Evidence and a card about the Constitution from a federalism DA. I'm on my phone or I would send it over.

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

Kafka 25 (Franz, Novelist, Translated by David Wyllie, "The Trial", 1925) //Snowball

K. was informed by telephone that there would be a small hearing concerning his case the following Sunday. He was made aware that these cross examinations would follow one another regularly, perhaps not every week but quite frequently. On the one hand it was in everyone’s interest to bring proceedings quickly to their conclusion, but on the other hand every aspect of the examinations had to be carried out thoroughly without lasting too long because of the associated stress. For these reasons, it had been decided to hold a series of brief examinations following on one after another. Sunday had been chosen as the day for the hearings so that K. would not be disturbed in his professional work. It was assumed that he would be in agreement with this, but if he wished for another date then, as far as possible, he would be accommodated. Cross-examinations could even be held in the night, for instance, but K. would probably not be fresh enough at that time. Anyway, as long as K. made no objection, the hearing would be left on Sundays. It was a matter of course that he would have to appear without fail, there was probably no need to point this out to him. He would be given the number of the building where he was to present himself, which was in a street in a suburb well away from the city centre which K. had never been to before.

#5 mutd

mutd

Junior-Varsity

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:44 PM

Just grab "Constitution Advantage - HHS" from the 2015 Open Evidence and a card about the Constitution from a federalism DA. I'm on my phone or I would send it over.

I was going over the file: How exactly does the aff violate the 4th amendment? Like if the 1AC is sex ed in schools, how is that unconstitutional and against the 4th amendment? it mentions government search and stuff

#6 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• 1,558 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:01 AM

I was going over the file: How exactly does the aff violate the 4th amendment? Like if the 1AC is sex ed in schools, how is that unconstitutional and against the 4th amendment? it mentions government search and stuff

You need a link that says the federal role in education is Unconstitutional because it's not a power delegated to the federal government.

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

#7 Jw4167

Jw4167

Junior-Varsity

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Okay
  • Name:/
  • School:\

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:49 AM

Do you know what page the card you cut is from?

#8 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• 1,558 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:01 AM

Do you know what page the card you cut is from?

It's from 2015 Open Evidence like I said above. Doesn't say page number, but one of the cards brgins with "II. The Disappearing Constitution."

Honestly this is not a good DA. It's best for 1. if they drop "Constitution outweighs" or 2. as a 2NC new net-benefit to a states CP to give the 1AR a hard time.

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

#9 Jw4167

Jw4167

Junior-Varsity

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Okay
  • Name:/
  • School:\

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:20 AM

It's from 2015 Open Evidence like I said above. Doesn't say page number, but one of the cards brgins with "II. The Disappearing Constitution."

Honestly this is not a good DA. It's best for 1. if they drop "Constitution outweighs" or 2. as a 2NC new net-benefit to a states CP to give the 1AR a hard time.

ok thanks, if you don't think this is a good disad, what do you think are good disads this year.

#10 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• 1,558 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:25 AM

ok thanks, if you don't think this is a good disad, what do you think are good disads this year.

Federalism and DAs about Trump like base/impeachment.

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

#11 B3njaminX

B3njaminX

Novice

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral
  • Name:Benjamin Michael
  • School:Ronald Reagan

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:19 PM

What card are you reading from the article?

#12 1offframework

1offframework

Junior-Varsity

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Okay

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:23 PM

Federalism and DAs about Trump like base/impeachment.

The two DA's we wrote at utnif. What a surprise
 The argument against the perm would be that objective morality is good, and I disagree with objective morality even more than I do with Negative fiat. 

#13 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• 1,558 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:29 PM

I'm being honest. What did you think was best? FeDeRaL sPeNdInG tAnKs ThE eCoNoMy?

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

#14 1offframework

1offframework

Junior-Varsity

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Okay

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:25 AM

I'm being honest. What did you think was best? FeDeRaL sPeNdInG tAnKs ThE eCoNoMy?

I totally think those are the best as well. I just think its funny how the kids that went to utnif think those two are the best

#15 NickDB8

NickDB8

Exodus Files Forum Representative

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Nick
  • School:Emporia HS

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:07 AM

I totally think those are the best as well. I just think its funny how the kids that went to utnif think those two are the best

i didnt go to utnif and those are probably the best

Exodus Files - Updated 5/21! Grab our new STEM Affirmative for the upcoming education topic!

Research Tools

#16 newtothismaybe

newtothismaybe

Novice

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Okay

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:28 AM

...and at every other camp?

#17 1offframework

1offframework

Junior-Varsity

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Okay

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:08 AM

...and at every other camp?

I don't know about other camps