KushPatel

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
Good
  • Name:Kush Kaushik Patel
  • School:Medical Academy

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:22 PM

I've seen rounds, posts, articles, and lectures about Kritiks and they basically seem invincible at this point. How can you seek to not just answer the K, but really win against one especially when there is such a diverse array of them as well as so much literature covering it while the person running their specific K as such an edge in understanding of it and probably dozens of blocks to the generic answers like framework arguments?
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
-Mahatma Gandhi

#2 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Ryan

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:30 PM

Use your Affirmative. The criticism probably isn't talking about your plan. The permutation solves anything that isn't talking about the plan. The Affirmative is a good idea that should be done and is a net-benefit to the permutation.

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

This cross-ex is taking too long.

Kafka 25 (Franz, Novelist, Translated by David Wyllie, "The Trial", 1925) //Snowball

K. was informed by telephone that there would be a small hearing concerning his case the following Sunday. He was made aware that these cross examinations would follow one another regularly, perhaps not every week but quite frequently. On the one hand it was in everyone’s interest to bring proceedings quickly to their conclusion, but on the other hand every aspect of the examinations had to be carried out thoroughly without lasting too long because of the associated stress. For these reasons, it had been decided to hold a series of brief examinations following on one after another. Sunday had been chosen as the day for the hearings so that K. would not be disturbed in his professional work. It was assumed that he would be in agreement with this, but if he wished for another date then, as far as possible, he would be accommodated. Cross-examinations could even be held in the night, for instance, but K. would probably not be fresh enough at that time. Anyway, as long as K. made no objection, the hearing would be left on Sundays. It was a matter of course that he would have to appear without fail, there was probably no need to point this out to him. He would be given the number of the building where he was to present himself, which was in a street in a suburb well away from the city centre which K. had never been to before.

#3 aprasad202

aprasad202

Champion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Good
  • Name:Aaditya Prasad
  • School:CNEC

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:17 PM

Framework

Permutation

Offense 

Solvency 

Theory 

Alt 

Links 

#4 DarcCyber

DarcCyber

Junior-Varsity

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Okay

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

1. Alt doesn't solve - Most alts don't do anything to solve for your aff, grill them in CX about it 

2. Use your aff as said above - format it like a way to weigh the round like framework

3. Perm

4. Theory - But this is for really specific instances like Floating PIKS and stuff like that

5. No Link/Link turn - always strong against a K, if you win the K doesn't link they can't weigh of their impacts against you

6. Perm!!!!

#5 cheesyc

cheesyc

Novice

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay
  • Name:Connor

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:49 PM   Best Answer

Slay the K

Attached Files

#6 CondoK

CondoK

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Good
  • Name:Salem Clemens
  • School:Lansing

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:58 AM

Against every K read a perm, no link/link turn and FW- most K teams will get excited you ran an argument that may not apply then waste a ton of time on something in the block you were never going for. In the 2AR vs systemic K's I usually go for offense, aff OW and alt fails- vote for the team that is most net beneficial to the squo. Vs identify stuff I go for the perm, a link turn and aff OW via timeframe then you just arg (even if they win the K is bad we have the perm and link turn to resolve thier offense but do the aff 1st bc it somehow accesses X impact or makes it worse if our impacts happen.

#7 AQuackDebater

AQuackDebater

Kind of a fascist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Patrick Fox
  • School:Jack C. Hays High School

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:07 PM

Cede the political is the reason I don't lose to Ks anymore and the Cede the political module in that Slay the K file makes me sad because it isnt very good.

Attached Files

On 11/18/2017, at 2:27 PM, Ben wrote:
> To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Policy Debate. The bullshit is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of continental philosophy, most of the arguments will go over a typical audience member's head. There's also Michigan KM's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into their cross x questions- their personal philosophy draws heavily from Philip K Dick literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of these taglines, to realize that they're not just edgy- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence, people who dislike Policy Debate truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humor in Morgan's existential cross x question "If you were an abstract expressionist painting, what color scheme would you use and why?", which itself is a cryptic reference to Bataille's French epic The Solar Anus. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Aaron Kall's genius unfolds itself on the livestream. What fools... How I pity them XD. And yes by the way, I DO have a Michigan KM tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies eyes only. And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 outround wins of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Check out the small school starter pack! https://www.cross-x....l-starter-pack/

#8 AQuackDebater

AQuackDebater

Kind of a fascist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Patrick Fox
  • School:Jack C. Hays High School

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:36 PM

Also the acronym my coach taught me was POSTED

Perm

Offense

Solvency

T (FW)

Epistemology

Defense

When on the aff you go for those args in that order. When you're neg and hitting a K aff, however, the acronym is

T

T
T
T
T
T
T
T

Offense

On 11/18/2017, at 2:27 PM, Ben wrote:
> To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Policy Debate. The bullshit is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of continental philosophy, most of the arguments will go over a typical audience member's head. There's also Michigan KM's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into their cross x questions- their personal philosophy draws heavily from Philip K Dick literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of these taglines, to realize that they're not just edgy- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence, people who dislike Policy Debate truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humor in Morgan's existential cross x question "If you were an abstract expressionist painting, what color scheme would you use and why?", which itself is a cryptic reference to Bataille's French epic The Solar Anus. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Aaron Kall's genius unfolds itself on the livestream. What fools... How I pity them XD. And yes by the way, I DO have a Michigan KM tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies eyes only. And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 outround wins of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Check out the small school starter pack! https://www.cross-x....l-starter-pack/