#1 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Ryan

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:21 PM

Anyone who wants to judge is welcome to do so. Do word limits of 2400/1600 sound good? Here's the 1AC; open to CX.

Attached Files

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

This cross-ex is taking too long.

Kafka 25 (Franz, Novelist, Translated by David Wyllie, "The Trial", 1925) //Snowball

K. was informed by telephone that there would be a small hearing concerning his case the following Sunday. He was made aware that these cross examinations would follow one another regularly, perhaps not every week but quite frequently. On the one hand it was in everyone’s interest to bring proceedings quickly to their conclusion, but on the other hand every aspect of the examinations had to be carried out thoroughly without lasting too long because of the associated stress. For these reasons, it had been decided to hold a series of brief examinations following on one after another. Sunday had been chosen as the day for the hearings so that K. would not be disturbed in his professional work. It was assumed that he would be in agreement with this, but if he wished for another date then, as far as possible, he would be accommodated. Cross-examinations could even be held in the night, for instance, but K. would probably not be fresh enough at that time. Anyway, as long as K. made no objection, the hearing would be left on Sundays. It was a matter of course that he would have to appear without fail, there was probably no need to point this out to him. He would be given the number of the building where he was to present himself, which was in a street in a suburb well away from the city centre which K. had never been to before.

#2 PailAmbrose

PailAmbrose

Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Paul
  • School:KSU

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:41 PM

I can judge PM me when done

"They have done the most destructive, entirely insane thing that has ever been done. They've degraded debate. it's offensive. I'm sorry that you judges have had to listen to this, it's people like them that have destroyed the debate community"

-Missouri's reaction to a cap K

#3 GayAsInHappy

GayAsInHappy

Varsity

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Okay
  • Name:Jesse Nguyen
  • School:Lincoln High School

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:20 AM

Thank you Pali! Okay crossx:

1. Lewis evidence is vague. What does ur alt clearly encompass? 

2. How we escape the biopolticial when it exists everywhere?

3. If your lewis evidence applies to debate, then why are you participating in it?

4. Does the aff need to win the ballot to solve their offense?

#4 GayAsInHappy

GayAsInHappy

Varsity

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Okay

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:21 AM

Also how do you post stuff on here, I can't insert my word files :o

#5 TheTrashDebater

TheTrashDebater

Try Hard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Holden Bukowsky
  • School:Jack C Hays High School

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:29 AM

Also how do you post stuff on here, I can't insert my word files :o

Go to more reply options and there should be a place where you can upload your docs.

"Basically, my partner is Ryan Snow, not Paul Ryan."

#6 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• 1,682 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:44 AM

Thank you Pali! Okay crossx:

1. Lewis evidence is vague. What does ur alt clearly encompass? 

It's not so much an "alt" as a method. We affirm a study of the resolution as a method for disengaging the educational apparatus. I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but I'd be happy to clarify further.

2. How we escape the biopolticial when it exists everywhere?

We discuss biopolitics in the educational space and leave it inoperative through the refusal of potentiality. "Biopolitics" isn't something that floats around killing people. I think it's better conceptualized as a form of "logic."

3. If your lewis evidence applies to debate, then why are you participating in it?

Lewis is discussing the education system more broadly. Debate is a great space in which to study because it allows endless knowledge-production, but our method would refuse the idea that debate is a means to an end.

4. Does the aff need to win the ballot to solve their offense?

The ballot reflects an affirmation or a negation of our method. "Solvency" is a mischaracterization of what the ballot symbolizes.

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

Kafka 25 (Franz, Novelist, Translated by David Wyllie, "The Trial", 1925) //Snowball

K. was informed by telephone that there would be a small hearing concerning his case the following Sunday. He was made aware that these cross examinations would follow one another regularly, perhaps not every week but quite frequently. On the one hand it was in everyone’s interest to bring proceedings quickly to their conclusion, but on the other hand every aspect of the examinations had to be carried out thoroughly without lasting too long because of the associated stress. For these reasons, it had been decided to hold a series of brief examinations following on one after another. Sunday had been chosen as the day for the hearings so that K. would not be disturbed in his professional work. It was assumed that he would be in agreement with this, but if he wished for another date then, as far as possible, he would be accommodated. Cross-examinations could even be held in the night, for instance, but K. would probably not be fresh enough at that time. Anyway, as long as K. made no objection, the hearing would be left on Sundays. It was a matter of course that he would have to appear without fail, there was probably no need to point this out to him. He would be given the number of the building where he was to present himself, which was in a street in a suburb well away from the city centre which K. had never been to before.

#7 GayAsInHappy

GayAsInHappy

Varsity

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Okay

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:49 AM

Okay thanks but

could you futher clarrify what "studying entails"?

What happens if the judges vote affirmative?

#8 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• 1,682 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:55 AM

Okay thanks but
could you futher clarrify what "studying entails"?

Studying and learning are similar. Both are the accumulation of knowledge. The difference is that study entails the rejection of an external "telos" while learning does not.

What happens if the judges vote affirmative?

The judges would affirm a study of the resolution and TheSnowball would win a vDebate.

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

#9 GayAsInHappy

GayAsInHappy

Varsity

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Okay

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for answering Snowball (you're really good at answering cx question btw!)

Here's my neg!

Attached Files

#10 GayAsInHappy

GayAsInHappy

Varsity

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Okay

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:58 AM

the order is case then t (yea i messed up the order :o )

#11 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• 1,682 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:34 PM

CX:

1) Your arguments simultaneously demand that I isolate a specific strategy for reform and that I stay true to my argument about refusing to present definitive answers/conclusions. Which one of those do you expect me to do?

2) Why are IB programs - used to, as the program's website states, "develop the ... skills needed to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world" an example of studying without a goal?

3) Why are fairness and education important?

By the way - your 1NC was about a thousand words - you still okay with the 2400/1600 word limits on speeches?

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

#12 GayAsInHappy

GayAsInHappy

Varsity

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Okay

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:54 PM

CX:

1) Your arguments simultaneously demand that I isolate a specific strategy for reform and that I stay true to my argument about refusing to present definitive answers/conclusions. Which one of those do you expect me to do?
I'm asking you for a specific strategy for reform because it's better for educational as well as fairness reasons, whereas your author wants you to refuse definitive answers.You can choose Which ever one you think will solve better and outweigh the other methodology.

2) Why are IB programs - used to, as the program's website states, "develop the ... skills needed to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world" an example of studying without a goal?

You can't really study without a goal, but you can minimize educational institutions aimed at capitalist productivity through other real life programs. Here's futher description of IB: "Students are able to take responsibility for their own learning and understand how knowledge itself is constructed...  try different approaches to learning and to take responsibility for their own educational progress."

3) Why are fairness and education important?

Fairness is important because debate is competitive, and you need that as a base for the judge to accurately weigh methodologies. Education is important because debate is a learning activity. 

By the way - your 1NC was about a thousand words - you still okay with the 2400/1600 word limits on speeches?
Yea im okay :)

#13 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• 1,682 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:08 PM

Here's the 2AC. It's case (I wasn't really sure where things were supposed to go so it's an overview then the 1NC order) then FW. Open to CX.

Attached Files

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

#14 GayAsInHappy

GayAsInHappy

Varsity

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Okay

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:17 AM

What is the purpose of this debate round?

How does your aff disrupts anything that is happening in debate right now?

Does the aff cause anything after the debate round is done?

How can we test the truth of the aff?

How does the nc link into the gov da?

#15 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• 1,682 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:07 PM

What is the purpose of this debate round?
To affirm or reject the method proposed by the Affirmative.

How does your aff disrupts anything that is happening in debate right now?

It apparently disrupted something, or you wouldn't have read topicality. Our rejection of definitive answers and affirmation of resolution study breaks with traditional debate expectations. But, more broadly, our "solvency" is about the viability of our method, not executing that method in a debate.

Does the aff cause anything after the debate round is done?
Are you asking if voting Affirmative causes people to adopt our method? No. Fiat isn't real, which is one argument I made against your topicality argument.

How can we test the truth of the aff?
I mean, I could list off ground, but it's not really my job to tell you what you should run. I beat this Affirmative 3 times at debate camp going for the "capitalism good DA" because productive schools built economically minded workers which were great for a capitalist economy.

How does the nc link into the gov da?

You read a definition that draws a line of exclusion between the USFG and "the people" that naturalizes the distinction between political life and bare life made by the sovereign that you have affirmed.

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

#16 TheTrashDebater

TheTrashDebater

Try Hard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Holden Bukowsky
  • School:Jack C Hays High School

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:17 PM

If we get a third person could I judge?

"Basically, my partner is Ryan Snow, not Paul Ryan."

#17 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• 1,682 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:45 PM

Yeah. Anyone who wants to judge is welcome to.

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

#18 elmeryang00

elmeryang00

BoSu Fanboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Elmer Yang
  • School:Mckinney Boyd

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:29 PM

I can be the third judge

#19 GayAsInHappy

GayAsInHappy

Varsity

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Okay

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:10 PM

Okay school just started where im from and my time is kinda limited so I'll skip CX and go ahead and post my next speeches. 

2nc: Order is case then T
1nr; Order is the same but they'll both be crystalizations of the debate.

Edit on 1nr:

on top:

"..falsehood of aff (not neg"

near bottom of Case ov
"off = aff"

Near bottom of t ov:

"..solves back 100% of offense (as opposed to solves back - only - of offense"

sorry!

Attached Files

• Attached File  2NC.docx   25.43KB   28 downloads
  • Attached File  1NR.docx   22.44KB   17 downloads

Edited by GayAsInHappy, 15 August 2017 - 06:19 PM.

#20 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• 1,682 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:43 PM

1AR is case then T - 1NR overview stuff is answered on line-by-line.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1AR.docx   24.35KB   38 downloads

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!