TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Ryan

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:03 AM

Daily Card

Welcome to the Daily Card, providing free evidence to the community on a daily basis. What started with myself, CynicClinic, and vmanAA738 quickly grew, and I'm now changing the structure to accommodate that.

The goal of this project is to make a positive impact and work towards solving resource inequalities between schools.

Personally, I will be contributing close to every day, but only for the remainder of the education topic. After that, this thread may or may not continue, but that will depend on whether people chose to contribute.

How to Obtain Our Evidence

Just go to the most recent document posted. The cards compile over time, so the most recent will have all the evidence we've cut in one file, unless we should start a new one for file size issues.

You do not need to contribute in order to use this resource.

Interested in Contributing?

If there is a file posted for the current date, download the most recent one, add your card or block, and re-upload it to this thread. We would like to limit contributions to one block/card per person per day, again for file size reasons as well as to avoid people just dumping backfiles, etc.

If there is not a file for the current date, download the most recent file from the previous day, create one of the larger headings for that date (example: 5/2/17), add your block/card under it, save that file, re-name the file to that date, and upload it.

Not Sure What to Add?

Look through requests people make on this thread. Impact cards and politics updates are good go-to cards, but anything is invited.

Looking for Something?

If you want a specific topic researched, request it and that request may be filled by someone cutting cards.

Attached Files

Edited by TheSnowball, 05 June 2017 - 04:39 PM.

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

This cross-ex is taking too long.

Kafka 25 (Franz, Novelist, Translated by David Wyllie, "The Trial", 1925) //Snowball

K. was informed by telephone that there would be a small hearing concerning his case the following Sunday. He was made aware that these cross examinations would follow one another regularly, perhaps not every week but quite frequently. On the one hand it was in everyone’s interest to bring proceedings quickly to their conclusion, but on the other hand every aspect of the examinations had to be carried out thoroughly without lasting too long because of the associated stress. For these reasons, it had been decided to hold a series of brief examinations following on one after another. Sunday had been chosen as the day for the hearings so that K. would not be disturbed in his professional work. It was assumed that he would be in agreement with this, but if he wished for another date then, as far as possible, he would be accommodated. Cross-examinations could even be held in the night, for instance, but K. would probably not be fresh enough at that time. Anyway, as long as K. made no objection, the hearing would be left on Sundays. It was a matter of course that he would have to appear without fail, there was probably no need to point this out to him. He would be given the number of the building where he was to present himself, which was in a street in a suburb well away from the city centre which K. had never been to before.

#2 DarcCyber

DarcCyber

Junior-Varsity

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Okay

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:08 AM

I have a request for some cards that could help some people next year:

Is it possible you can post some impact defense and turns for next year topic?

#3 jobas

jobas

(-;

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
Excellent
  • Name:jobas
  • School:the court

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:05 AM

I'd be careful going for a school suspension impact turn. Seems like the amount of kids who get suspended are primarily minority populations. 

#4 CynicClinic

CynicClinic

Loquacious!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:26 AM

I'd be careful going for a school suspension impact turn. Seems like the amount of kids who get suspended are primarily minority populations. 

Disclaimer: We do not necessarily advocate any of the arguments that we present in these cards. Please use them (or not) at your own discretion.

That said, by the lights of the argument in question, (Barron, 2017) does have a warranted response to your claim in the unhighlighted portion of the card.

Edited by CynicClinic, 13 April 2017 - 09:33 AM.

Nonegfiat. (2017, June 18). China VDebate- TheTrashDebater(Aff) v. Nonegfiat(Neg). Retrieved June 18, 2017, from https://www.cross-x....atneg/?p=939106

The 1NR is OK Computer.

#5 vmanAA738

vmanAA738

Top Speaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Vinay

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:30 AM

I can help out with this effort as well- I cut enough cards anyways lol

blue dogs are dead, moderates are dead

republicans move right, democrats move left

partisanship is 100%, compromise is a dirty word

i'm hoping for a miracle to save America from itself

#6 vmanAA738

vmanAA738

Top Speaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:45 AM

like here- i cut these thumpers for ptx on 4/11

Attached Files

#7 HEYEYEYEYEYEY

HEYEYEYEYEYEY

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Good

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:11 PM

In the lines of next year, would it be possible if y'all could look into aff impacts? That would be greatly appreciated!

#8 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• 1,605 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

We'll continue to do daily cards. Other feel free to post cards, files, and updates here, only if you want to. It'll be something like "evidence communism."

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

Kafka 25 (Franz, Novelist, Translated by David Wyllie, "The Trial", 1925) //Snowball

K. was informed by telephone that there would be a small hearing concerning his case the following Sunday. He was made aware that these cross examinations would follow one another regularly, perhaps not every week but quite frequently. On the one hand it was in everyone’s interest to bring proceedings quickly to their conclusion, but on the other hand every aspect of the examinations had to be carried out thoroughly without lasting too long because of the associated stress. For these reasons, it had been decided to hold a series of brief examinations following on one after another. Sunday had been chosen as the day for the hearings so that K. would not be disturbed in his professional work. It was assumed that he would be in agreement with this, but if he wished for another date then, as far as possible, he would be accommodated. Cross-examinations could even be held in the night, for instance, but K. would probably not be fresh enough at that time. Anyway, as long as K. made no objection, the hearing would be left on Sundays. It was a matter of course that he would have to appear without fail, there was probably no need to point this out to him. He would be given the number of the building where he was to present himself, which was in a street in a suburb well away from the city centre which K. had never been to before.

#9 DarcCyber

DarcCyber

Junior-Varsity

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Okay

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:30 PM

Just to clarify - is this daily card thread specific to a position? Like will one day be Ks or DAs, or are these generic cards to be used for next year's topic?

#10 CynicClinic

CynicClinic

Loquacious!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:53 PM

Just to clarify - is this daily card thread specific to a position? Like will one day be Ks or DAs, or are these generic cards to be used for next year's topic?

Anything is possible. We're focusing on generically useful cards on the Education Reform topic for now, but we are definitely not limited to those.

If you have a particular off-case argument in mind, please feel free to suggest it!

Edited by CynicClinic, 13 April 2017 - 08:56 PM.

Nonegfiat. (2017, June 18). China VDebate- TheTrashDebater(Aff) v. Nonegfiat(Neg). Retrieved June 18, 2017, from https://www.cross-x....atneg/?p=939106

The 1NR is OK Computer.

#11 SapphoWilson

SapphoWilson

Junior-Varsity

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Okay
  • Name:Sappho Wilson
  • School:Life

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:04 AM

Impact turns are sexy. Maybe include some of those sometime?

#12 vmanAA738

vmanAA738

Top Speaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:36 AM

i'll post this file here- it's every impact D card I could find on an opensource doc read at the NDT- enjoy large amounts of impact D

Attached Files

#13 Dndjcmds

Dndjcmds

Varsity

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
Good

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:40 AM

i'll post this file here- it's every impact D card I could find on an opensource doc read at the NDT- enjoy large amounts of impact D

you can have my first born child

#14 MyNameIsVermin

MyNameIsVermin

Novice

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Okay
  • Name:Cedric
  • School:Plano East

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

THANK YOU.

#15 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• 1,605 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

4/15/17 with "military bases/presence bad" for “foreign language k2 military” arguments.

Attached Files

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

#16 vmanAA738

vmanAA738

Top Speaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:58 PM

4/16 with China-Noko relations dead and China rise strengthens liberal international order. Enjoy!

Attached Files

#17 LeKritiker

LeKritiker

Champion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Dain Ross
  • School:Caddo Magnet High School

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:25 PM

4/15/17 with "military bases/presence bad" for “foreign language k2 military” arguments.

Now where have I seen this author..... oh yeah, Lhasa.

#18 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• 1,605 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:45 PM

4/16/17 and 4/17/17 (oops)  - military bases bad 2.0, and a pretty sick impact card if you want to run complexity as a K on education.

Attached Files

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!

#19 CynicClinic

CynicClinic

Loquacious!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Excellent

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:24 AM

4/18/17 - Music K2 Education

• Here's a potential starting point for a Music Education case.

Attached Files

Edited by CynicClinic, 18 April 2017 - 05:30 AM.

The 1NR is OK Computer.

#20 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• 1,605 posts
Excellent

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:51 PM

4/19/17 with education solves extinction. I'm going to be upset if this becomes the generic impact card.

Attached Files

Daily Evidence Card!
Exodus Files!