CynicClinic

Champion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Ian Stark
  • School:Angelo State University

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:27 AM

I've seen quite a few Texas debaters on this site lately - so, who qualified for UIL State this year?

Comanche DS 2012-2016
UIL 3A State Champions 2016

That's the thing about K debaters. They know that they're cheating, but they know how to beat you in an argument about whether cheating is bad.

#2 SpontaneousCombustion

SpontaneousCombustion

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Benny Cupo
  • School:Victoria East -> UT Austin

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:13 PM

Unfortunately, me. Since I'm being forced to go, I'm going to aim for late elimination rounds I guess.

"...It's like you had the ball; you were at the goal; you were about to score; then you put the ball down to go get a drink of water or something, and by the time you got back, the other team had already picked up the ball, scored, and won the game." -Kanan Boor in reference to my first 2NR as a novice debater at camp, where I dropped the DA and went for a K I didn't actually understand.

#3 AQuackDebater

AQuackDebater

Champion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Patrick Fox
  • School:Jack C. Hays High School

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:13 PM

Dude my LD district isn't till april so here's hoping.

Most pomo authors are just Nietzsche ups - Baudrillbabe

#4 AQuackDebater

AQuackDebater

Champion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:13 PM

Unfortunately, me. Since I'm being forced to go, I'm going to aim for late elimination rounds I guess.

Just, you know, late elims at state. nbd right benny?

#5 SpontaneousCombustion

SpontaneousCombustion

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:05 PM

Just, you know, late elims at state. nbd right benny?

yo I'm in 5A, my competition is just Lindale. I just need to avoid being bottom seed and I'm golden. I'm hoping all the traditional judges just vote on the impact card in my second scenario on aff, and neg will just be a lot of T. UIL loves that shit fam.

"...It's like you had the ball; you were at the goal; you were about to score; then you put the ball down to go get a drink of water or something, and by the time you got back, the other team had already picked up the ball, scored, and won the game." -Kanan Boor in reference to my first 2NR as a novice debater at camp, where I dropped the DA and went for a K I didn't actually understand.

#6 sacrificialexcess

sacrificialexcess

Novice

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral
  • Name:Georges
  • School:École Nationale des Chartes

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:17 PM

yo I'm in 5A, my competition is just Lindale. I just need to avoid being bottom seed and I'm golden. I'm hoping all the traditional judges just vote on the impact card in my second scenario on aff, and neg will just be a lot of T. UIL loves that shit fam.

But lasa

#7 SpontaneousCombustion

SpontaneousCombustion

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:18 PM

But lasa

fair. MS is an issue. I've heard mixed reviews of MV tho

#8 sacrificialexcess

sacrificialexcess

Novice

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral
  • Name:Georges
  • School:École Nationale des Chartes

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:20 PM

Also two Lindale teams to my knowledge

#9 CoolioBrah

CoolioBrah

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Good
  • Name:Pollo
  • School:AintNobodyGotTimefodat

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:04 AM

i heard bowie knocked out somebody and qualled. also hendrickson pw. also lasa and lindale are gnna win it all. McWhorter and Wyatt are super fking good now so watch out for them.

Edited by CoolioBrah, 17 February 2017 - 12:07 AM.

#10 SpontaneousCombustion

SpontaneousCombustion

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:55 AM

i heard bowie knocked out somebody and qualled. also hendrickson pw. also lasa and lindale are gnna win it all. McWhorter and Wyatt are super fking good now so watch out for them.

I hope you are right. They were pretty good competition last time we debated, and +1 that I got scouted by Kate Richey from Texas that round.

Edit: worth mentioning that Hendrickson is a 6A team.

Edited by SpontaneousCombustion, 17 February 2017 - 05:56 AM.

#11 AQuackDebater

AQuackDebater

Champion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:45 PM

i mean sahill and cameron (MV) have their bids so they're pretty spoopy

#12 CoolioBrah

CoolioBrah

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Good
  • Name:Pollo
  • School:AintNobodyGotTimefodat

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:35 PM

I hope you are right. They were pretty good competition last time we debated, and +1 that I got scouted by Kate Richey from Texas that round.

Edit: worth mentioning that Hendrickson is a 6A team.

why does 6a matter

#13 SpontaneousCombustion

SpontaneousCombustion

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:41 PM

why does 6a matter

Because this is a UIL thread. 6A schools debate in 6A division, while 5A schools only debate other 5A schools in 5A division. Therefor, Hendrickson could be the best team in Texas and they would still never affect LASA's chance, Lindale's chance, or my chance of breaking and succeeding in elims. 

Are you from outside of Texas, or are you at a private school such as Greenhill?