theSwordOfTheMorning

Novice

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral
  • Name:Jeremy
  • School:Rothensbaum

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:25 PM

Wow, wasn't really expecting the topic to be this one honestly. Opens up tons more K ground though. Whats your thoughts on the new topic?

#2 NickDB8

NickDB8

Exodus Files Forum Representative

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Nick
  • School:Emporia HS

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:42 PM

im ready.

Exodus Files - Updated 5/21! Grab our new STEM Affirmative for the upcoming education topic!

Research Tools

#3 Carl

Carl

Junior-Varsity

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Good
  • Name:Carl Powelson
  • School:Garfield High School

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:56 PM

Time to pull out the TimeCube4 Aff.

PM me weird or unusual files

#4 ydavid

ydavid

Varsity

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Good
  • Name:That guy with an afro

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:16 PM

Looks better than China tbh, at least for K debate

Me: The alternative is a call for black nihilism, Warren 15, cut card there 

Judge: I voted on the Warren 15 card 

Me:  :Bow

#5 beck9696

beck9696

ODT Host

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Excellent

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

Out of curiosity, why was Russia in the list of potential resolutions? I thought they only did international resolutions every three-four years. Lookin' for a friend. 

#6 AltsNeverSolve

AltsNeverSolve

Daddy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Henry Giroux
  • School:McMaster University

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:09 PM

Are you kiddos ready for the rise of the one and only Lord Henry Giroux??

"My iPhone is better than your Android,"

Martin Heidegger, May 7, 1955

#7 Nonegfiat

Nonegfiat

Agambabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
Excellent

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:20 PM

RIP policy teams

DOUBLE BIND- Either the harms of the aff are true and they can't solve until they control the levers of power OR the harms are constructed and you reject them for alarmism

#8 Chaos

Chaos

Mare Incognitum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,177 posts
Excellent

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:39 PM

Hooray for bidirectional resolutions!

There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference.

#9 IMJUSTHARRY

IMJUSTHARRY

Novice

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Okay
  • Name:Just Harry
  • School:Hogewartz

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:54 PM

why? neg ground? DA's? Impacts? Who ever voted for this plz explain, also does anyone have any ideas for affs?

Hagrid: You're a wizard Harry.  Harry: I'm a... WHAT?!  Hagrid: Harry, you're a wizard.  Harry: I'm a what?!  Hagrid: A wizard, Harry.  Harry: I'm a WIZARD?!  Hagrid: Yes Harry, you're a wizard.  Harry: but I'm just Harry.  Hagrid: Well, "Just Harry", you're a wizard.  Harry: but I'm just Harry!  Hagrid: No, "Just Harry", you - are a wizard!  Harry: Listen here Hagrid I'm just Harry!  Hagrid: NO! Harry, you are a wizard!  Harry: I'm not a wizard, Hagrid, I'm just Harry!  Hagrid: Listen Harry, you are a wizard!  Harry: No Hagrid, I'm just Harry!  Hagrid: Harry, for god's sake, you are a wizard!  Harry: A WIZARD?! I'm just Harry!  Hagrid: Nooo, "Just Harry"! You're a wizard.  Harry: I'm not a wizard, Hagrid, I'm just Harry.  Hagrid: Noooooo. Just Harry. You are a wizard.  Harry: I'm not a wizard, Hagrid!  Hagrid: HARRY, you are a wizard!  Harry: Listen here Hagrid you FAT OAF! I'm not a FUCKING WIZARD! 

#10 IMJUSTHARRY

IMJUSTHARRY

Novice

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Okay

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:56 PM

This is just like Donald Trump all over again.

Hagrid: You're a wizard Harry.  Harry: I'm a... WHAT?!  Hagrid: Harry, you're a wizard.  Harry: I'm a what?!  Hagrid: A wizard, Harry.  Harry: I'm a WIZARD?!  Hagrid: Yes Harry, you're a wizard.  Harry: but I'm just Harry.  Hagrid: Well, "Just Harry", you're a wizard.  Harry: but I'm just Harry!  Hagrid: No, "Just Harry", you - are a wizard!  Harry: Listen here Hagrid I'm just Harry!  Hagrid: NO! Harry, you are a wizard!  Harry: I'm not a wizard, Hagrid, I'm just Harry!  Hagrid: Listen Harry, you are a wizard!  Harry: No Hagrid, I'm just Harry!  Hagrid: Harry, for god's sake, you are a wizard!  Harry: A WIZARD?! I'm just Harry!  Hagrid: Nooo, "Just Harry"! You're a wizard.  Harry: I'm not a wizard, Hagrid, I'm just Harry.  Hagrid: Noooooo. Just Harry. You are a wizard.  Harry: I'm not a wizard, Hagrid!  Hagrid: HARRY, you are a wizard!  Harry: Listen here Hagrid you FAT OAF! I'm not a FUCKING WIZARD! 

#11 CynicClinic

CynicClinic

Loquacious!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Excellent

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

RIP policy teams

It looks like it's time to see just how far I can push the limits of a semi-kritikal affirmative in an overwhelmingly traditional area. This should be interesting.

Nonegfiat. (2017, June 18). China VDebate- TheTrashDebater(Aff) v. Nonegfiat(Neg). Retrieved June 18, 2017, from https://www.cross-x....atneg/?p=939106

The 1NR is OK Computer.

#12 Nonegfiat

Nonegfiat

Agambabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
Excellent

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:16 PM

why? neg ground? DA's? Impacts? Who ever voted for this plz explain, also does anyone have any ideas for affs?

neg ground: states CP. politics disad. ASPEC. spending disad. T. plenty of kritiks i'm sure. 

impacts: education about structural inequalities... umm.... what else.... uh.. something about unions and the economy maybe? idk

affs: require race education. require policy debate in schools (this would be my aff if i were debating this resolution). something about funding or teacher pay. impacts would have to be external b/c i see no way to argue big impacts to whatever actually gets done in schools, at least not in any immediate timeframe. 

bee tee dubz this resolution was my last choice

good luck to all you high school debaters. Hopefully next year's college topic is better because im graduating this year

DOUBLE BIND- Either the harms of the aff are true and they can't solve until they control the levers of power OR the harms are constructed and you reject them for alarmism

#13 IMJUSTHARRY

IMJUSTHARRY

Novice

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Okay

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:16 PM

#notmyresolution

#14 Carl

Carl

Junior-Varsity

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Good
  • Name:Carl Powelson
  • School:Garfield High School

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:28 PM

Impacts; Poor education leads to bad policy making which leads to uncontained nuclear war.

PM me weird or unusual files

#15 Nonegfiat

Nonegfiat

Agambabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
Excellent

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

Impacts; Poor education leads to bad policy making which leads to uncontained nuclear war.

ok so we have bad education in the squo which puts us on a course for extinction. you require better education in schools which makes students smarter and leads to better policies when exactly? which prevents a war that's going to happen when exactly?

this is my biggest problem with this rez

#16 aprasad202

aprasad202

Varsity

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Good
  • Name:Aaditya Prasad
  • School:CNEC

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:59 PM

Is this the confirmed topic?

#17 TheSnowball

TheSnowball

Hall of Fame

• 1,390 posts
Excellent
  • Name:Ryan

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:11 PM

Is this the confirmed topic?

Yes. https://www.speechan...ate.org/topics/
If you want your Baudrillard link, you can pry it from my cold, biologically dead hands.

Daily Evidence Card!

Exodus Files!

#18 hkuang

hkuang

Junior-Varsity

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Good
  • School:Midway High School

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:27 PM

ok so we have bad education in the squo which puts us on a course for extinction. you require better education in schools which makes students smarter and leads to better policies when exactly? which prevents a war that's going to happen when exactly?

this is my biggest problem with this rez

I actually like this about this rez. Maybe we'll finally get away from absurd nuclear extinction scenarios. (or not, considering politics ground)

#19 DisBoiuLIfe

DisBoiuLIfe

Junior-Varsity

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Good
  • School:St Marks

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

But now, instead of impacts that are like Death, Havoc, extinction, we have like education, decision making, analytical thinking, etc. That's kinda bad because it takes out the completely exaggerated impacts. Instead of comparing the number of people we "save," we're comparing the impacts of "education" and decision making. Its gonna make you think harder, which is a good thing I guess, but for me, its kinda taking the fun out.

#20 kylerbuckner

kylerbuckner

novice

• 1,197 posts
Excellent
  • School:cabot

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:45 PM

But now, instead of impacts that are like Death, Havoc, extinction, we have like education, decision making, analytical thinking, etc. That's kinda bad because it takes out the completely exaggerated impacts. Instead of comparing the number of people we "save," we're comparing the impacts of "education" and decision making. Its gonna make you think harder, which is a good thing I guess, but for me, its kinda taking the fun out.

I just don't think that's gonna happen