Alright, if anyone wants to help me with this, I already have it laid out. This is an actual case that could be ran.
To preempt topicality arguments against incentives, I'll say that U.S. funding is an incentive to the program. It's cash people.
PLAN: The UNITED STATES FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD APPROPRIATE $5 BILLION DOLLARS TO THE ITER PROGRAM.
1. Progress in the ITER program is slow because of the high cost
2.Congress axed ITER funding
-Fusion power report
1). ICE CAPS
1. Nuclear fission is key to preventing ice cap melt (need card)
2. Ice caps will melt by end of century, time to act is now (have card)
3. Ice cap melt will flood, kill millions, and lead to new ice age (I can piece this together)
2). U.S. China Relations (or Russia-US, or Japan-US, etc etc)
1. China and U.S. have been working together on ITER, but now the U.S. is pulling out
2. Cooperation on Alt energy K to U.S. China Relations
3. Nuke war
1. U.S. Cash key to ITER
and much more.
Anyone interested in helping me out? or constructive criticism?