1. Best all around team: SMW Weiner/Malcom.
2. Best Champ team: SMW Weiner/Malcom. No offense to patrick, but they are the best fast team out there. Taylor is incredibly fast and at the same time clear - couple this with sarahs analysis on everything and i think you have perfection.
3. Best open team: BV Dean/Nichols, 80% winning percentage and they have the ability to do almost everything at an above great level.
4. Best aff: Dean/Nichols. The schroeders are great - but they have fewer losses im pretty sure - maybe thats my bias coming out; if anyone disagrees give me some win-loss records.
5. 1A: The 1A is a rehearsed speech - i refuse to vote on this one.
6. 2A: Sarah Weiner and Taylor Nichols. I understand the offering of Patrick, i didnt see him this year though so... I have to err on these two.
7. Best Neg: I dont know, wins on the affirmative this year came pretty easily, and i felt like everyone towards the end had the same strategy and weren't doing anything to catch my attention.
8. 1N: Taylor Malcom.
9. 2N: The manhattan team that isnt bolton/ellis; the blonde kid and the (pardon my offfensiveness) brown one; i always liked hearing what they would break down to - i dont know though to be honest.
10. Best Squad: SMW, BV, WaRu, and i will put Manhatten up there - it seemed like they always had at least one team in there, not including Bolton/Ellis.
11. Prettiest Speaker: I am going to argue against Kendall and say no, its not Megan Adams, it'd to me be i dont know - not her; maybe someone from her school, but i always felt like her partner spoke better.
12. Fastest: Taylor Malcom - despite the arguments for Patrick, Taylor is a lot clearer, and i am pretty sure they get through the same number of cards.
13. Best all around next year: Dean/Nichols BV really would have been in contention for two speaker but went in four and i think they only dropped like three ballots through all seven rounds so...
14. Best champ next year: Agent Cody Banks from North but i think BV Dean/Nichols can roll with it, so, who really knows.
15. Open next year: BV Dean/Nichols
16. Squad next year: BV and SMW will be in a tug of war with each other for pure dominance once again - but i think if a younger team emerges out of BV they could be the true winners, I think other than that you have schools with only one truly great team.
17. Most likely to judge next year: Guillermo - i think he'd revel in it a little bit too much though.
18. Best Judge: Only ones that voted for me... just kidding, but really. But Mark is pretty good at what he does, he definitely is the most willing to help out a team that is struggling, which is something other judges wont do.
19. Most likely to become a coach: I will say Brian Israel - that is unless he becomes a used car salesman, thats my prediction.
20. Best K debater: How many people still roll? In all reality, I only heard very topic-specific, case-specific Ks this year; so who rolls the best is beyond my reckoning.
21. CP: I hate to say this but Creighton of Wichita East or Northwest or whatever, gave us a scare at ONW.
22. T: Same as the K above - no one really believes in these things anymore; though I hear Nichols goes straight T in his 1NR, i never had the pleasure of hitting him this year though.
23. PTX: Creighton went for Politics - he was the only one. His Tix file hadn't been updated since July though so he got chastised instead of congratulated.
24. Most likely to get to the NDT: Did Parkinson make it? I hear he was doing well, but i dont know; Weiner though sounds like the safest bet.
25. Best coach: King, Riffer, Rafferty is a badass though so I'll give him a shout also; plus, since Dubois spends so much time on here, i'd say hes from what i can tell the most dedicated to his teams success.
26. Best underrated team: Kids with the skateboard from Mt. Carmel or the Manhatten team thats not Bolton/Ellis - i really liked them, i hit the brown half of the team pretty consistently all four years of high school so, i feel the closest connection to them and/or Aron from that Wichita school, his partner and him had a falling-out after T High i think, after we beat them round 1; but i liked him, he was good at what he does.
27. Most Talented in Activities outside of Debate: Brian Israel, hes ripped, greatest basketball player, hes probably gonna end up a McDonalds All-American.