giantchkn

Villiger - RESULTS ONLY

OK folks, let's keep the results, and only the results, on this thread so no one who just wants to know who won has to sort through 4 pages of pre-tournament bitching.

Rounds end at approximately 8 pm Saturday...

Couldn't you have just made the thread when rounds ended so that people like me wouldn't stumble into this one and post almost 12 hours before rounds end?

Some of Quarters:

Woodrow Wilson A def Truman A

Stuy ? def Gov Thomas Johnson ?

Semis:

Loyola B def Woodrow Wilson A

Loyola A def Stuy ?

Finals did not take place at the request of Durkin.

What Sarah can pull out of her memory after looking at the results packet last night but no longer having access to it....

Octos:

Loyola AC d. WW ?

Loyola DK d. WW ?

Truman LL d. NFA ?

WW IT d. Pennsbury M?

Thomas Johnson GH d. NFA CK

WW ? d. Thomas Johnson ?

Stuy ? d. ??

Quarters

Loyla AC d. WW WA

Loyla DK d. Thoman Johnson GH

WW IT d. Truman LL

Stuy ? d. ?

Semis

Loyola AC d. WW IT

Loyola DK d. Stuy ?

Finals

none - Loyola closes out

Well theres a lot of holes there and probably a few screw ups. I'm sure some people can help me fix that. I'm enjoying my day of skipping school.

Duane,

I forget the team, but its the short curlyish/wavyish brown haired girl and the dude with a massive fro.

Sarah,

Unless I'm incorrect...you've got some bad octas info.

Woodrow Wilson WA (N) d. Gov. Tommy John...son (A) 3-0.

Of course, I could've been wrong. In the competitors, that is. Never, ever, in my decision. Never. Never ever. Ever.

I think that's just one of the octos rounds I'm missing right? Bc I'm pretty sure 3 TJ teams and 4 WW teams broke but I wasn't sure what happened with them. Maybe not... which one do I have incorrect in the case that I dont?

TJ GH defeated NFA CK on a 2-1 in Octos.

Sarah has a second TJ team losing in quarters, so one of the missing rounds has to be a TJ win. Why doesn't anyone have the packet?

Because no one waited until 8:30 to get them, which is something else that bothers me. DO AWARDS BEFORE FINALS IN ALL EVENTS. I can imagine that awards was pretty empty after the 4:30 mass.

K. Hanson

Actually the whole place was packed but I'm sure not everyone would have fit had all the schools stayed. Who knows? Mr. B has a packet and I have practice tonight - maybe I'll be able to do it then.

Because no one waited until 8:30 to get them, which is something else that bothers me. DO AWARDS BEFORE FINALS IN ALL EVENTS. I can imagine that awards was pretty empty after the 4:30 mass.

Here here.

St. Joe's has the most absurdly gargantuan tournament staff I've ever seen.

I've run debate at tournaments with 20+ entries with NO HELP whatsoever. I've done all the tabbing, rooms, posting, managed the judging pool, prepared the debate section of the results packet, calculated speaker awards and sweepstakes points, stuffed the ballots (and they weren't carbons, so they had to be photocopied), made sure the rounds went off...

And if teams needed to leave before awards (even while out-rounds were still going on), they could get their ballots...

And I had time for lunch...

And I had time to "socialize" with the beautiful St. Joe's speech girls...

And I even got to watch a round from time to time...and we ALWAYS ran on time (we had a reputation for holding awards early)

So how is it that St. Joe's can't do this? Because it's less a "tournament" and more a "reunion" for them. They hang around in the tab room chatting away and mingling. That's all well and good if the work's getting done. But when they refuse to give me my schools 13 ballots from Saturday because they can't get them done until Sunday night, it does rub me the wrong way to see 3 people hanging around a window trying to sell coffee mugs.

Some people (Robb, Patty, Durkin, whoever is directing/codirecting the tournament, a few others) work very hard. Most don't. And with the tournament's rigid structure and steep fees, it all adds up to "not user friendly."

I'm sure people will post out-round results. If anyone has prelim results (particularly how Conestoga VH and ST fared), I'd trade a widget for someone emailing them to me (mikebergmaier-at-gmail.com).

Anyone have prelim results?

Sarah,

Unless I'm incorrect...you've got some bad octas info.

Woodrow Wilson WA (N) d. Gov. Tommy John...son (A) 3-0.

Of course, I could've been wrong. In the competitors, that is. Never, ever, in my decision. Never. Never ever. Ever.

I can shed some light.

Wilson broke 4 teams into eliminations. Wilson SA (Samuels and Arbuthnot) and Wilson GG (Giffin and Gordon) lost in octos.

Wilson WA (Willis and Adams) lost in quarters

Wilson IT (Iscoe of the large hair and Tillman of the short stature) lost in semi's

We thoroughly enjoyed the tournament but it would have been nice to get our ballots before the drive home.

Kj

Wilson

They used to give out speaker awards, I don't know when they stopped doing that, but I was at the entire assembly and they did not have them this year.