Sign in to follow this  
TARSIER

Where to Begin?

Last Year I began Varsity Policy Debating, and I won most of my rounds by topicality and a generic AIDS in Africa DA that has a sweet impact, but now that I think about it can easily be repelled. Late in the year I also made a Feminism K based on the stuff i read on this forum, and then made an independent AIDS CP that ran with my AIDS in Africa. My one major topicallity was from the Irish Defense Forces, who did PKOs, and they said that PKOS had to ahve all this stuff, like military, good plan of action, etc. That worked everytime, cause I usually had the best def. I also had about 100 pages of case specific evid for like 4 plans, which i used, and destroyed affs args really easily. I now realize that my league is just sucky competition, and my partner and I suck too, we can just abuse like a redneck with Jim Bean. So... What I am asking is, how do I get into these seemingly invincible groups that go to camp, read K politics books, etc. and somewhat understand/use what they know so that I can compete in states. Cause it seems like the way im going, im screwed. Where do I start? What are the best top ideas? I search around a little, but all I find are like abbreviations and small shells of arguments, like "run the xo cp" I know what a cp is, but xo? That is just one small example. How do I get into the lingo, write good tops, write even better das so i dont have to use cheap @$$ generic ones that are so sickly twisted and contorted to my position that I can't believe someone hasn't accused me of making it up. I also picked up a couple standards that I use now that I think are pretty cool, so if you could critique those, give me some ideas to get started, maybe a couple shells of good das/evid, and explain to me some Foucalt ideas(and any other crazy Ks, if they are worth using) and any general tips.

ill post the standarsd for my ts later

(_8^(|)

Ty if you help

• Upvote 1

well i guess you would have to post your ideas of foucault, and other ks you know of :nayar, amgaben, etc etc for us to critique your views. For the camps you could always try out of state camps.