SFADebate

Texas Judging Directory

Elizabeth Yang

TAMU '11

Going to attend A&M in the fall and will not be debating for obvious reasons.

I don't have a super schnazzy record other than breaking at Memorial this year, which made me an octofinalist (it was a semis bid.)

I did that whole qualling for state thing but decided not to attend TFA state.

I am tenatively coaching LBJ (the Magnet school in Austin, TX) next year with Yao Yao. I will be judging in the Austin circuit.

Justin Lim

University of Texas at Austin 2011

Memorial High(Houston) '07

I can judge in both Austin and Houston areas

I debated two years at mhs and qualled for TFA and NCFL in 07. quarter-finalist in UIL 5A state in 07.

email:

justin.lim@bba08.mccombs.utexas.edu

Edited by lim824

Matthew Carswell

Crosby HS/UTD Debate 2001

Debating in College

Debated 3 of 4 years in HS including 2 quals to both TFA and NFL, including 10'th place finalist in NFL this year. 2007 UIL 4A State Champion, and a TOC Qual in 07

Will be availible in the Dallas/FW area when ever no college tourny.

email =

mcarswellcrosby@yahoo.com

Matthew Carswell

John Cook

Winfield (KS) HS/Baylor University

Debating in college

Debated 4 years at an unknown HS including 2 quals to NFL (not that anyone cares), and a senior year that included 2 undefeated circuit prelim records (Colleyville, Valley), breaks at several others, a win against TOC Semifinalists Woodlands LM, and a backpacking with Nietzsche strategy that caused a lot of angst for a lot of people (my partner included). I might have got some speaker awards too but whatever.

I'll travel with you or judge around Texas depending on the weekend/pay/my whim. I'm also funnier, more entertaining, more charming, and more intelligent than whoever you have judging for you at the moment.

Don't ask me to judge IE stuff unless you are willing to compensate me for my suicide (this rate is shockingly lower than many would expect).

Email: johntheempire [at] gmail.com

Kelcey O'Quinn

Winston Churchill HS 07 / UT San Antonio

Debating in college

I debated for 4 years in high school. Due to district travel restrictions, the majority of our tournaments remained within the Texas boundary. However, i don't believe we finished any local san antonio/austin tournaments in less than the quarterfinals, and won the majority of them, the last two or three years including: reagan, warren, clark, jay, SFA, stony point, macarthur, etc. After maintaining a flawless prelim record, I lost in the quarterfinals of TFA state in 2007. I recieved a few speaker awards including 4th at the Glenbrooks, 7th at St. Marks, and 2nd at the UT round robbin (and numerous local top and second speaker awards). I also cleared at several national circuit tournaments including St. Marks and UT, and recieved a bid at UT after not dropping a ballot until the quarterfinals. I also attended NFL nationals twice.

I have had experience both judging debates at camp and novice rounds at local tournaments, and I believe that I am a competent judge. I can judge in the San Antonio and Austin area, and possibly the Dallas area (depending on travel arrangements, and whether Churchill attends).

My email is gimpy115@hotmail.com

I do, however, look very attractive when I'm bitterly brooding.

So true.

Rob Mahoney

Plano Senior high School '07

UT '11

Not debating next year.

Looking to judge in the Austin area.

I'm qualified to judge CX, LD, PFD, and both Extemps.

I debated for three years in high school, but only two competitively and actively. My partner and I won a few tournaments, broke very consistently, nabbed quite a few speaker awards in CX, went to camp, and I at least finalled in all but one local tournament in extemp over the past two years. I qualified for TFA State in Policy debate each year I was in the event, qualified for DX in 2006 and 2007, and qualified for FX in 2007 as well. I competed on the national circuit in CX, PFD, and DX. I attended Nationals this summer in DX. I also qualified and broke at UIL State for CX after not dropping a ballot at our district qualifier, so I can judge just about any style of CX debate. I also qualified in UIL Persuasive Speaking, but dropped in finals at Regionals. I was an alternate to Nats in PFD, and was a quarterfinalist at the Princeton tournament as well as getting a speaker award (I believe it was 3rd).

email - rob.mahoney.1@gmail.com

Tyler Levy

Debated At Colleyville Heritage

University of Texas '11- Possibly debating

I debate all four years in high school in both CX and LD (3 Years CX, senior year LD). I qualified for state twice in CX and once in LD. I was competitive on the national circuit in both events. I can judge in the austin area and possibly the dfw area.

email- tylerlevy@sbcglobal.net

Kyle Morris

Debated policy in HS (Lindale) and NPDA in college (Texas State). Some coaching experience. Can judge all debate and IEs.

The title of this thread says "San Antonio/Austin" but I'm pretty flexible these days.

kylevmorris@gmail.com

Kyle

Im going to update mine because its about two years old

Kasey Riess

Crosby High School 2005

Pick a college 2009

I did CCX my junior and senior year of HS--did ok. Got way better my senior year but due to fiscal constraints never went to national tournaments.

UIL state CCX 3 years...I made it my soph year due to a fluke, sorta

TFA state 2005

3rd speaker at Phi Rho Pi Nationals (its the NDT of community colleges) as a freshman. Nothing Im really proud of, but it got San Jac Debate on the map, sorta. The only thing I was ever good at was space weapons discourse and heg. Other than that Im just an average debater.:D

Can judge in the Houston/Austin areas

Nicholas Jennings

debated at UH for semester broke at USC, UTD, BAYLOR

Debated for UMKC for two tournaments UNI break

UIL STATE finalist

TFA qualified muiltiple times

NFL qualified (7-5 didn't break)

TOC experience

including Berkeley and Colleyville Heritage

I consider my adjudication skills as adept, I'll fill out a judging philosophy soon.

njenningsuh@gmail.com

Back in Houston

Edited by jennings
Changes

Desiree Hooper

Cypress Falls HS/UT-Austin (Debating)

NDT Participant 2008 (9th place D3 qualifier)

CEDA Double-Octafinalist (and something like 31st speaker, heh, - 2008)

First place at UCO, Semi-Finals at Baylor, some degree of out-round at: UNLV, UTD, UNT, and Emporia. A couple of speaker awards thrown in there somewhere.

I'll also consider travelling to San Antonio or Dallas given housing or Houston regardless.

Desiree Hooper

Cypress Falls HS/UT-Austin (Debating)

NDT Participant 2008 (9th place D3 qualifier)

CEDA Double-Octafinalist (and something like 31st speaker, heh, - 2008)

First place at UCO, Semi-Finals at Baylor, some degree of out-round at: UNLV, UTD, UNT, and Emporia. A couple of speaker awards thrown in there somewhere.

I'll also consider travelling to San Antonio or Dallas given housing or Houston regardless.

For some reason I feel like I should vouch for Desiree's legitimacy, she is a very competent judge. Just don't run Psychoanlaysis in front of her, she WILL know more about it than you. (Only kidding about not running it in front of her)

Daniel Rowe

Stephen F. Austin High School

Graduated '08

I attended a bunch of tournaments in the austin/san antonio area and went to the TOC my senior year in Policy.

I can judge policy and maybe LD. Maybe.

Email: Rowedan@gmail.com

Phone: 5127405734

hello my name is michael tahmoressi i debated for westlake high school and graduated year 2008

in my debate expercience i have realized that 2 things are really important personal political autonomy and argument comparison that provide clash

what what....

i can judge policy in the austin or san antonio area and will be debating at the university of san antonio in the fall unforunately im not as adventurous as dan to say i would do ld, some of that stuff still seems like old nonsense to me........ooops!

i debated for 3 years at westlake, won some rounds and lost alot of break rounds at toc tournaments

qualled for tfa twice

qualled for uil state once.....that was interesting

hopefully looking to win alot in college we will see

more later

email

bobdoleable@gmail.com

phone:5129241829

give a brotha a chance i love debate and will do my best to give back to the community

Jenifer Hurlds

Channelview H.S. graduated 2008

Attending University of North Texas fall 2008~can judge in Dallas area as well as Houston, Austin sometimes

3 years of CCX experience (my school only had debate for the last three years)

UIL and TFA state competitor

very little TOC experience due to budget

also a little CLD experience

also have a little judging experience in NCX

I also have experience in prose, extemp, oratory, Impromptu, and acting events

will judge anything

Phone #:832-332-3095

email: jenniferhurlds@hotmail.com

Jonathan Xian- current Rice student

Houston

3.5 yrs CX Debate, Westwood high school

debated in the Austin and National circuit

qualled for state twice, broke both times

Broke at Grapevine, Memorial, Greenhill, and UT.

jonathan.xian@gmail.com

Edited by laxianbuddy
incomplete
  • Upvote 1

I debated CCX for North Lamar High School (Paris, TX) on the 4A level for 4 years. I competed in Extemp, Interp, and Congress as well. Went to NFL in congress 3 years. Debated parliamentary debate at TJC for 1 year and placed 3rd and Phi Rho Pi Nationals in CEDA and competed in Extemp and Impromptu also at TJC and am debating for UT Tyler and Chuck Walts in parli

Will judge anything at all. Can judge East Texas or Houston area. I can bring more judges as well

email: kmartin08@gmail.com

phone: 903-449-2281

Edited by debater08

Hey!

I'm Krysten Steed

I did debate at Rosebud-Lott for the last 4 years, having done both policy and ld and also i.e's.

I'm currently doing debate for Baylor.

Krysten_Steed@baylor.edu

phone-254-721-0680

Oh and this is the 2nd time I've put this up, the 1st time I deleted it, because of some jerk who said that he is going to laugh at me debating for Baylor and wouldn't trust me. Well I don't care anymore, I was a good debater in high school, so whom ever said that can shove it! Thanks!

Krysten

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Tyler Cashiola

Debated 4 years of policy in High School for Deer Park. TFA and UIL qualifier as well as NFL Runner up. Quarter Finalist at UIL State. During my 4 years i also competed in Student Congress and both Extemps. I'm up for judging anything. I'm currently debating at San Jac so most of my judging will be in the Houston area.

tcashiola_34@yahoo.com