twoAC

UTNIF DADT

UTNIF released a Dont Ask Don't Tell Aff. Does anyone know what the advantages are? Is it straight up critical? If so, who are their authors/what are their philosophies?

AHHHHHH! So many questions.

Thx in advance,

~oneAC~

P.S. A copy of either the AFF or NEG file and/or a flow of the 1AC would be really sweet.

Inh: despite dadt legislation, the army still searches and discharges people

Plan text: The United States federal government should repeal the "don't ask don't tell" legislation, and prohibit all current and future investigations into the sexual orientation of military servicemembers.

Advantage 1: Harassment and violence based on percieved sexual orientation

-trying to rid america of gays=>extinction

Advantage 2: Military overstretch/heg

The file has some "enemy sexuality" cards, but no formal kritik.

Yeah, this aff is put together rather well, but it still doesn't make it topical. ;)

So true. :)

I'm not really familiar with this case. What would the best violation be?

~oneAC~

DADT that UTNIF put out had a plan text that was written not topically, however there are ways to write it topically.

It is topical. They use DADT to search through everyone's stuff and find out if they are homosexual, then discharge them. I am pretty sure its extra topical, but it still works fine.

First, the act prevents searches without Probable cause-- every aff i have seen (whihc has been about 5 camps worth) have repealed it, meaning the aff is untopical.

Second, alix is a jewish hoe, don't listen to her..

First, the act prevents searches without Probable cause-- every aff i have seen (whihc has been about 5 camps worth) have repealed it, meaning the aff is untopical.

true. now you must decide which one tommy said i agree with, and its only one, or maybe both.

the aff is "semi" critical at best...the second one..with the Zimmerman impact evidence..

yeah the zimmermann card that they dont solve....:rolleyes:

No, DADT sais that the army cant Ask you about being gay, and you dont have to tell them. But, it allows them to search through all their shit without telling them. That is where the Search without probable cause comes in. But I believe it is very extra topical with the Readiness adv.