Rambo

Iowa 05-06

Jake I think you know liquor is unholy, and it makes baby jesus cry. but ill forgive you cuz u were only kidding. -Trisha

would anyone like me to judge their tournaments? coaches can post here or drop me an IM at kappy990 to get my official email address. Students can relate this information to their coaches as well (and are encouraged to). I am available pretty much any weekend next semester. If you want me this semester for a pre-season tournament or an early one, drop me a line quickly so i can make sure to get it in. I am willing to judge pretty much anywhere in NE or IA if it is planned well enough in advance.

Brian Kaplinger

I've already backchanneled Brian about his offer, but I would appreciate hearing from other Iowa folk who are available. Atlantic only returned to policy debate this past season after an absence of about 20 years, so I don't have any alums I can call on to help us cover our judging commitments in policy. We hired some folks last year, but I wasn't altogether thrilled with their performance. We're looking to upgrade, and we intend to compete at most of the Iowa policy tournaments this year...

what does judging usually pay in iowa? and is it per day, per round, or per tourney?
I don't think there is a "standard" rate, at least not that I know of. Last year, we usually paid $75 for a full day's judging, and room expenses (if any). We usually provided transportation, too, but our judges lived nearby. I am hopeful of finding some folks who are already going to be where we need 'em to be for most of these tournaments...

Jake I think you know liquor is unholy, and it makes baby jesus cry. but ill forgive you cuz u were only kidding. -Trisha

Nall, why do you have a CX username? just wondering.

I was like, "whoa" until i saw the jk at the bottom of the post. You had me worried there for a second.

hahaha... i was kidding, but i really am a huge hawkeye football fan, just not to the point of being insane.

Alright. I don't know who told Schoofs about our last round (ICW JP v. Dowling KN) at Kanellis. I don't know why they did it. But rest assured, I will find out who it was. And you will pay. I don't know how yet, but

you will pay.

A suggestion - if you had any plans to father children, now would be the time to make good on it.

He was threatening to kill us all over AIM. And when Schoofs threatens death, you know he means it. Did you want to be responsible for our death? Did you?

I think we defused the situation, though. We all chipped in and ordered 100 chicken nuggets from Wendy's and had it delivered to the school. They didn't give us any sauce though, assholes. I don't know what Rossy-wossy's reaction was, but I am positive it warmed his cold, cold heart.

Alright. I don't know who told Schoofs about our last round (ICW JP v. Dowling KN) at Kanellis. I don't know why they did it. But rest assured, I will find out who it was. And you will pay. I don't know how yet, but

you will pay.

A suggestion - if you had any plans to father children, now would be the time to make good on it.

YEA! If I find out who did it I am going to KICK THEIR ASSES!

Schoofs

• Downvote 1

YEA! If I find out who did it I am going to KICK THEIR ASSES!

Schoofs

What? Your reply makes NO sense, in the context that you were the one who was told something.

I am sorry to post in your thread, but I was born in Storm Lake, and have family that still lives there. Do any of the high schools there have a debate team, or is anyone from the SL area?

What? Your reply makes NO sense, in the context that you were the one who was told something.

Thus the irony of the comment

Schoofs

I am sorry to post in your thread, but I was born in Storm Lake, and have family that still lives there. Do any of the high schools there have a debate team, or is anyone from the SL area?

Storm Lake doesn't currently have a policy program.

Storm Lake doesn't currently have a policy program.

Alright Mel, thank you for your response.

Also please vote for me in the elections. Thank you very much again.

you will pay.

What happened in that round?

Lets just say Drew has a short attention span and football was on tv...

Be quiet, traitor.

Also please vote for me in the elections. Thank you very much again.

Anyone who's gonna vote should check out the mod primary poll before they do. There's some pretty interesting stuff indicting Bryant in there..