STUMPOFWAR

PCFL BYLAWS

PCFL coaches,

There is a meeting at LaSalle on Thursday from 11 to 2 to go over and review our bylaws. The goal being to modernize them (in every event) and to suggest changes. No changes will be made at this meeting. All suggestions will be brought up and discussed at the fall coaches meeting and brought to a vote.......you can email me any concerns/revisions if you are unable to attend.....That is all...END COMMUNICATION

Shawn

Err....A second meeting has been scheduled for the same day from 3:00 to 6:00 for those coaches who can not attend the morning one........

I'll most likely be at the first one, but I may stay for both if needed......

Shawn

Just the status of pcs in-round. NCFL rules indicate that they are allowed, is the PCFL following suit

Just the status of pcs in-round. NCFL rules indicate that they are allowed, is the PCFL following suit

This came up at the meeting and the NCFL didn't change that rule......not yet atleast.....it is up for a vote at the NCFL league directors meeting.

Unfortunately, the PCFL will be voting against the revision.....with Jeff & myself being the lone dissenting coaches........

Shawn

What Brett said......

I think Gritz might've used a comp in our first round... i can't remember...

by our i mean, the truman panel's...

That's OK, George and Ricky were using them, too. And they didn't have broken wrists to justify it. I actually thought it was OK, guess I forgot.

hmm......everyone knew better.....whether I like the rule or not, it should be followed.......not like it matters that much since all 6 teams are going to nationals....but if there were 7 or more.......If a seventh team had hit Truman B or Pennsbury A and had lost and taken 7th, that coach could fight it...... and they would win......the luxury of flowing in Excel or a mini-evidence database are not worth the risk of disqualification.....

Even though the rule is stupid, it must be followed if it gives a competive advantage, no matter how slight, to the person(s) who breaks the rule. Rules that may seem, or may actually be, arbitrary will bite you in the ass if you don't follow them. The same thing happens in speech all the time with the nature of cuttings and sources of material (IE what is "published"?).

Now with all that said, when our 6 teams get to Chicago they are following NCFL rules and they can be used......If I had my way, laptops would be allowed in the PCFL but they are not..... nor do they look to be in the future.

and...Jeff.....I do believe yesterday was your last Philadelphia tournament as a coach.......gonna miss having you around next year.....

Shawn

and...Jeff.....I do believe yesterday was your last Philadelphia tournament as a coach.......gonna miss having you around next year.....

Thanks, Shawn. That means a lot.

Thanks, Shawn. That means a lot.

Where are you going?! What about the PFI?! And my mugs?!!!

Where are you going?! What about the PFI?! And my mugs?!!!

DC. But I will return for the PFI and it will be run even better in 2007. With new mugs, of course.

I hereby move to kill all current voters for PCFL with the two lone exceptions of Jeff and Shawn. Either assassination or we force them to watch some of the best debates in the country and see that they should be dumped in shallow water before deep water. I'm thinking kill might force a more rapid change because some of these people are beyond reason, like Jeff in his refusal to listen to the best argument in debate (the RVI).

Woo - Jeff is coming to DC! This means he can drive himself and myself to Philly tournaments to judge! =) Right Jeff?

What is it you're going to be doing in DC anyway?

Woo - Jeff is coming to DC! This means he can drive himself and myself to Philly tournaments to judge! =) Right Jeff?

What is it you're going to be doing in DC anyway?

On the judging - unlikely. Except PFI.

On the doing - who knows. Trying to find a job.