Sign in to follow this  
squirrelweirdo12

Biopower for Bell V. Wolfish

I have heard talk of Biopower advantages for Bell v. Wolfish.

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the literature for this advantage was like.

Is it specific to Bell v. Wolfish or is it just prison stuff?

Additionally, does anyone have some cites?

I don't really want to get a file, I like to cut my own stuff.

foucault writes good biopower stuff. you might want to look into the book Discipline and Punish by him.

• Downvote 2

foucault writes good biopower stuff. you might want to look into the book Discipline and Punish by him.

lol.

Foucault pwns

• Downvote 1

the Biopower advantage here could be generated with the generic prisons stuff AND what I would call "the panopticon of the anus" where even the hole in your ass is under surveillance.

probably one of my favorite posts on this website ever.

the Biopower advantage here could be generated with the generic prisons stuff AND what I would call "the panopticon of the anus" where even the hole in your ass is under surveillance.

That would be an interesting plan idea............"I never consented to them sticking their hand up my ass!"

• Downvote 1

i'll have to throw my hat into the pool of people who think this is hillarious.

WOW THANKS, now i know where to look if i wanted more information about biopower.

There's a willens in 87 article, really long, but it talks about Body Cavity Searches being the lynchpin of the prison strategy to isolate prisoners from society, justifying them by casting them as a dangerous other.

The whole article is good for prison and foucualt stuff

you can get it easily on lexis

• Downvote 1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

thats like saying George W. Bush is the president of the USA.

I hear Agamben writes some stuff on biopower too... People may also want to check out Homo Sacer: Sovereign Power and Bare Life...

(sarcasm)

• Downvote 1

and if your looking for empire stuff... you should read "Empire" by Hardt and Negri...

• Downvote 2

Sign in to follow this