Balonkey

How much time do you spend working on debate in a week?

How many hours of debate work do you do weekly?  

342 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours of debate work do you do weekly?

• 0-5
    • 5-10
    • 10-15
    • 15-20
    • 20-25
    • 25-30
    • 35-40
    • 40+

A few things:

1. This is a poll; there's no need to lie. No one will see you and know which answer you put down, so there's no need to look like you work harder than you do because you're afraid you'll lose your competitive edge. Conversely, if you work really hard no one needs ot know it's not effortless. I'm just really curious as to how this looks like in high school. If this gets good responses in high school i'd like to see a breakdown by region.

2. Debate work includes cutting cards, filing, writing arguments, practice speeches, speed drills, practice debates etc. It doesn't so much include ev trading, team administration stuff (registering for tournaments etc), posting on cross-x (even educational ones ;) or decorating your boxes.

Edit: the other part got cut off

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

this might be a good type of poll for the main page, im getting tired of the most important to you "federal policy" poll.

in the summer for the most part i do about 15-17 hours of debate work a week, however once school starts, that number drops drastically... actually once i get a job it will drop drastically too.. oh well

this might be a good type of poll for the main page, im getting tired of the most important to you "federal policy" poll.

someone should tell kerpen that

I work on debate every day If it is not reading theroy or cutting card or helping novice or even doing practice debate I breath sleep even dream about debate some times debate is cool 40+ for me

I counted the time in class, the time at work calls, and the time at the tournament.

Swell double post.

• Upvote 1

Good point a tourney is 10 hours alone.

Lets have some specific catagories.

REMEMBER:

DEBATE IS LIFE< EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST PREP TIME!

• Upvote 1