JLB

NFLs Results

I also lean towards the aff. However, with the judging at NFLs, I usually just assume that whichever team that deserves to win the round will drop.

Can't yet reveal the decision. They announce at the awards assembly.

Some others on the Panel were Chuck Ballingal from Damien, Jim Wakefield from FLA, Jake Thompson, the head coach at UNLV, the UNLV Assistant Coach (missing name sheet) (BTW, UNLV and Mr. Belch and all the LV folks and schools did a GREAT JOB hosting this tournament) and at least one former national debate champion.

Both teams adapted well. The arguments were well developed and the extensions were very well impacted in the rebuttals. The poise of all four debaters debating in front of such a large crowd was incredible, A true tribute to some very well well coached teams and some extremely personable and brilliant debaters.

An honor to be judging these teams and this round at this tournament. Thank you Mr. Wunn for the opportunity.

Bill, once the decision is announced, would you give us your RFD?

Some others on the Panel were Chuck Ballingal from Damien, Jim Wakefield from FLA, Jake Thompson, the head coach at UNLV, the UNLV Assistant Coach (missing name sheet) (BTW, UNLV and Mr. Belch and all the LV folks and schools did a GREAT JOB hosting this tournament) and at least one former national debate champion.

Echoing Bill's comments on the debetars' poise.

I wish they had made some greater mention of one of the judges, Jeff Wortham, who is the only person (I believe this is still true) to have won NFL Nats as a debater and then again as a coach.

And like Bill, I will post on my decision after the result is announced.

Are they gonna put up a video of the round at some point? I missed the streaming, and I really would like to have seen it...I ran Biotech this year, I'd like to see how the pros do it. =)

Awards Ceremony is right now... you can watch/listen online. I'm sure someone will post the winner seconds after it's announced. At the rate this is going, it's going to be like an hour still... we're 45 minutes in and still haven't gotten to any of the awards.

Congrats to New Trier and Colleyville!

~Bill

They're on Student Congress, so they're moving up from speech towards debate (I think).

EDIT: Drumroll please...

Edited by Neurotic_Mastermind

Bill -

Top Speakers, 7-14:

Vanessa Bernick, New Trier Township

Andrew Carlson, Kapaun Mount Carmel HS

Katie Fredrick, Greenwood Laboratory School

Andres Gannon, Damien HS

Leo Hayes, Cathedral Prep

Ian Nelson, Damien HS

Nat Olson, Highland Park Sr HS, MN

Pavan Krishnamurthy, Coppell HS

Top Six:

Michael Carlotti, Cathedral Prep School

Josh Dean, Blue Valley HS

Georgi Dimitrov, Bellarmine College Prep

Reid Ehrlich-Quinn, Damien HS

Taylor Nichols, Blue Valley HS

Carl Rice, Bellarmine College Prep

The above list is not in order... it was published earlier this week so the students who were receiving awards knew to show up today. They announced speakers 7-14 after the policy final, but they were supposed to do the same with speakers 1-6 during the Awards Ceremony. I don't remember them doing so, and it's not on the GA Forensics or VBD transcripts/liveblogs. What happened?

~Bill