arp

SENIOR GOODBYE'S

themanmose: no one else has posted

themanmose: makes me feel kinda dumb

With that said, here are some further "props":

Firstly to the entire debate community, for giving me a soapbox. Especially to coaches and judges, for giving us young'ns some guidance and direction. In particular, ESU, The Fort, Wichita State, and KU. None of this would be possible without you all. Thank you.

A special thanks to David Greenwald, who makes me look good in comparison.

Major props to Paul, who put up with me all season, despite our little spats. He also maintained his special pre-round tradition all season, and I encourage everyone to ask him about that. Paul, despite his abnormally large head, has been awesome to work with and is going to kick some ass and piss off even more people (if that's possible) on the college circuit. I'm glad that he and I have become friends this year and are now so close that he feels comfortable talking to me about his girl problems, because they tend to pop up from time to time. Hey Paul, remember that time you made yourself quite the literal dickhead with the pillow...?

Also, Matthew Jay Cook, who actually coached Paul and me every now and then, when we weren't busy having such an awesome time with him. What can I say, Cookie is just amazing.

John Cook, who let me get away with 8 minutes of case picks. Everyone better watch out for this kid.

Mark Skoglund, who is always offering to cut some cards so that his insomnia has a purpose. Mark also seems to be really awesome at flowing in pictures. Go figure.

Chris Stone, whom I never actually got to hit in a round, but am glad I got to know anyway. He made tournaments one kickass time, along with Diamond J. Quacks, who will forever have the imprint of a coin in his forehead. Schremmer, too, who gave me the pleasure of a striptease, and gives one hell of a funny graduation speech.

The Wichita East folk, who hung out with Paul and myself, and thoroughly kicked our asses in-round. Paul is actually right on this one, nicest squad ever.

The WaRu squad for being stiff competition and also just generally nice people. Y'all own our district oftentimes, and just kick so much ass.

KCC. Y'all stirred up a bit of controversy and kept everyone on their toes. We're now packing some hip-hop answers.

Kenneth DeLaughder, who made me try on his Darth Vader mask. Oh yeah, and coached Paul and me, and is my freakin therapist nowadays. And he keeps me out of trouble...sorta.

The princesses, who soundly beat Paul and myself, but also were good sports about he and I breaking our poetry aff on them.

McCoy, who let me wear his hat. Oh, and for being hilarious, and straight owning Greenwald. So funny.

John Papworth in '95, who gave Paul something to talk about.

Did I forget anyone? Probably. Like Paul, I'll edit as necessary.

Side note: I still haven't packed for tomorrow yet.

Furthermore, you seniors should help Paul feel less stupid. Wait, that's not very good incentive. Make people feel loved.

A special thanks to David Greenwald, who makes me look good in comparison.

McCoy, who let me wear his hat. Oh, and for being hilarious, and straight owning Greenwald. So funny.

I'll give a big thanks to Zahra for being one of the people who makes the activity less fun for people who don't take it as seriously as she does. If it werent for you kritiking kids who werent purposefully trying to be sexist then nobody would want to quit.

Thanks to Alex McCoy for making it a lot easier for me to walk away from debate.

Thanks to Brent for going to CFLs with me and working hard to get us a quallifying spot.

Thanks to Jared Zuckerman for being a good mentor when I was a freshman.

Thanks Mark Skoglund and Brian Rubaie for being good guys and making congress interesting.

Thanks to Anne Rosenthal for being a great teammate this year.

Thanks to all the judges who picked us up...we probably didnt deserve it.

Thanks to BBB for beating Anne and Brian at state so we could go home.

Thanks to Casey Kelly, Johnny Prieur and Christine Malumphy for helping us @ camp and for helping develop my "Israel Idea" into a real case.

Thanks to Paul Reetz for being nice enough to have some conversations @ tournaments even though he probably didnt want to.

thanks to Lindy for being nice enough to have some conversations @ tournaments even though she probably didnt want to.

Last, thanks to Bradford Jacobs for making all of our rounds this year really fun.

Wichita East- Nicest squad ever, no joke. These cats were awesome to an extreme degree. They were nice enough to hang out with us and even talk to us outside of tournaments. The Kate Fraser picture at DCI = classic. To Dylan, Kurt and Muzzam, best of luck next year, you all will be a force.

My sis doesn't debate for east, did you mean the pic of me with the duck on my head? Do you still have those anywhere?

Oh, and I really enjoyed judging you this year. Best of luck in college, Paul, I know you'll do great!

Sarah

• Upvote 1

McCoy, thanks for all the "unstes" on all the fellas.

Yahknis, thanks for being a Russian princess

Skoglund, or however you spell it, thanks for the paragraph, and being really scary in person.

Mr. Mann, thanks for being the man.

King, thanks for being a creepy neighbor.

Yea I am done, there shouldnt be a good bye thread, they arent leaving, they will still be in the debate room right after High School gets out, they are too addicted to stray away from it too long.

My sis doesn't debate for east, did you mean the pic of me with the duck on my head? Do you still have those anywhere?

Oh, and I really enjoyed judging you this year. Best of luck in college, Paul, I know you'll do great!

Sarah

I do have the pictures, I'll get my phone picture email activated again in June and post em. As for your sister, I was talking about DCI, where Woolford handed Mark som evidence with Kate's prom picture on it.

-Paul

i know you all want to thank me personally.

so just find me sometime or call my "math" or "ma digits" and just tell me, whatevs

it's fine, i know, you all want to thank me for everything...but let's not get other people jealous.

Thanks to Alex McCoy for making it a lot easier for me to walk away from debate.

The debate community owes me.

Thanks to Stacy, for eating fried chicken and watermelon.

Thanks to Swanson, for the leaps and bounds of knowledge I've gained because of our discussions.

Thanks to Nichole, Audrey, and Lewis for the past 4 years.

Thanks to Skoglund, for poker, and the best round i've had.

Thanks to Weins/Anderson for losing on inherency... oh yeah, and the K. :-P

Thanks to Kyle Shernuk for being the best camp partner I could've asked for.

Thanks to Annie for being my little sister.

Thanks to DuBois for being a leprechaun, oh yeah, and the help you've given me over the years.

Thanks to Steve for keeping my ego in check, and inflating it.

Thanks to Chris Thomas for outdancing me.

Thanks to Kate Fraser for being my singing buddy.

Thanks to Amy Chang for offering up one of your thongs for "Capture the Thong" at camp

Thanks to Eric Ruchensky for being by far one of the most outstanding people i've met.

Thanks to Rubaie for kicking my ass many a time, and still being awesome afterwards.

Thanks to Stenger for being a hoss overall, and owing me 12 dollars.

Thanks to Shocker for being the best roommate I could've asked for.

Thanks to Zahra for stealing my hat and being wrong about the word "guys". :-P

Thanks to Lindy for finally picking me up.

Thanks to Dfev for the bestest rap battle ever

Thanks to Schupner for carrying me

Thanks to Brandon Gunn for throwing scissors at me

Thanks to Paul Reetz for being one of the biggest hosses I know.

Thanks to Zuck for good ballots, except for the oral decision last year, "Aff has no offense on the perm, so I default affirmative"

Thanks to Cormack for not berating me too badly when I dropped the uniqueness on politics in the 2NR.

Thanks to Mauzzaum and Kurt for kicking our asses in style, twice, and having the decency to be really nice about it afterward.

Thanks to Driks for the years of competition

Thanks to Alex Parkinson for stealing my name and for losing to a guy who drops politics DA's

Finally,

Thanks to Marina, for putting up with my asshole-ishness after rounds, hugging me at tournaments, and overall being the best girlfriend ever.

I was talking about DCI, where Woolford handed Mark som evidence with Kate's prom picture on it.

-Paul

That was me, dammit! It did its job too. That's right, here at WEast we play dirty. The whole nice team thing is simply a cunning ruse.

-d

God damn. This thread needs more circle jerking. Thanks "guys."

Blah. The point of your post I can't figure out yet. Trying to criticize the gendered language of "guys"? It's gender neutral.

Trying to say that we're just ass-kissing our fellow debaters/coaches/whatnot?

Blah.

1. We're leaving the KS HS debate circuit, we have no reason to ass-kiss.

2. Most of us have memories we want to enjoy, and have met people in this activity that we truly wish to say goodbye to and thank for the times we had on the circuit.

Wow, this is almost sappy and has no representation from STA. Sad.

Thanks to Steve for writing Nayer and giving Brad the satisfaction of saying we won on it. Thanks to Eric and Brad for putting up with my fights in the last two years. Thanks to Matt for giving me something to laugh about at CFL and throwing a chip at my head...as well as listening to blatantly nontopical cases for two years twice a week. Thanks to Lindy for chilling with me for 3 days and letting me find out how much fun we have with each other--love ya! Thanks to Disney for making the Princess collection and giving me something to do at tournaments besides talk about politics. Thanks to all the friends I have made along the way and will continue to make in doing something that I love. Best of luck to you all in college! Kansas debate will not be the same without you.

"Find something you love to do and do it every day."

Thanks to Swanson, for the leaps and bounds of knowledge I've gained because of our discussions.

No need for thanks...the learning was mutual! As for the negative posts on this thread you all must know we don't do this for the money...so the purpose of this thread is only appreciated by those who value what is said.

Of course I am only stating the obvious...