loyolaD87

Villiger

Should I take odds on another Villiger thread going for a few hundred posts on PA/Villiger/judges sucking?..........

Truman will be bringing its entire team. It's too close not to.

Shawn

Should I take odds on another Villiger thread going for a few hundred posts on PA/Villiger/judges sucking?..........

Truman will be bringing its entire team. It's too close not to.

Shawn

I think it will almost be disappointing if we don't argue about judges and minor repair afterwards.

Pennsbury will have two teams (Gutman/Wang and Gorman/Mao) gunning to take down the champs. Your ass is mine, Loyola. You and your little coach-who-rigs-the-tournament-so-you-win, too.

Jenkintown will have two policy teams as well. If you complain about my judging I will laugh and you and call you a fool as I point out your flaws as a weak debater.

Also, if you have never had me as a judge before I really, really, really, really, really dislike minor repair and inherency args.

K. Hanson

Jenkintown Debate

Univ. of Richmond

Kenny,

SHHHHHH. You're supposed to go into Villiger telling kids you only vote on minor repair and then end up voting critical policymaker or hypotester... this way we can have more judge bashing afterwards...

I shall appear. And part of me wants to say "Shawn... Jeff... Mike... you all can have final round..."... i figure, while we usually bash villiger judging, i might as well bash the teams competing...

Jenkintown will have two policy teams as well. If you complain about my judging I will laugh and you and call you a fool as I point out your flaws as a weak debater.

Also, if you have never had me as a judge before I really, really, really, really, really dislike minor repair and inherency args.

K. Hanson

Jenkintown Debate

Univ. of Richmond

(whispers to Jeff & Ankur) Kenny sucks......

Can we start complaing now?

scarily enuff we may go, the last time we went there was crack who-es in our hotel, one of my debaters od'd on aspirin and we were virtually starved at the tournament but hey who remembers such things, we will decide when I get done with some little 100 team gig I'm doing this weekend :wavey:

The Conestoga Debate Revival will perform. We will bring 2 CX teams, a DUO, an Interper, 3 coaches, 2 cars, some bottled water, and lots of pithy wit.

As usual, we will be on the cutting edge, in that retro sort of way.

SHHHHHH. You're supposed to go into Villiger telling kids you only vote on minor repair and then end up voting critical policymaker or hypotester... this way we can have more judge bashing afterwards...

I give up. I'm letting the kids set the paradigm - before the round. Gooooooo Cosmological Nonarchy! (Note: I have no delusions that this will prevent the inevitable post-tournament judge bashing. Someone will always find something to complain about. Hell, now that I have students competing, that someone may be me.)
I shall appear. And part of me wants to say "Shawn... Jeff... Mike... you all can have final round..."... i figure, while we usually bash villiger judging, i might as well bash the teams competing...
Oh, but I plan to be ineligible to judge finals, as my own students will be competing in that round :).

By the way, Ankur. I need to talk to you if you end up judging us. We need to clarify a "caveat" of your paradigm. :)

Can we start complaing now?
Yes, yes we can.
Post the invite
Uh, don't. No need for clutter. It's already up on the Tournament Invite thread, which I believe is stickied. In fact, I'll go find it for you. Here: http://www.cross-x.com/vb/showthread.php?t=942708

scarily enuff we may go, the last time we went there was crack who-es in our hotel, one of my debaters od'd on aspirin and we were virtually starved at the tournament but hey who remembers such things, we will decide when I get done with some little 100 team gig I'm doing this weekend :wavey:

Wow, I'm surprised that you are busy this particular Friday morning....... :)

Shawn

GO BACON GO!!

would praneeth still go to GBN?

Pennsbury will have two teams (Gutman/Wang and Gorman/Mao) gunning to take down the champs. Your ass is mine, Loyola. You and your little coach-who-rigs-the-tournament-so-you-win, too.

Mr. Durkin just read this post, and he has issued an official declaration. He says that he doesn't need to rig the tournament for loyola to win, we'll do it anyway.

You and your little coach-who-rigs-the-tournament-so-you-win, too.

I hope that pitch at Durkin was in good fun, because he's the most honest, upright, and sane tab director I've ever had the pleasure to man a ballot table for!!:)

Besides..Loyala kick all y'all's tails and not even break a sweat..send the keymaker right back to his little workbench...my money is on the Boys from the South..lol.

Good luck to all though..I'm off to the frozen tundra of Chicago that weekend.

Duane

Its fine Duane

.........lots of jokes tossed back and forth between the Philly schools and their lowly in-bred tournament rigging brethren from the south........

I think Susquehannock will be bringing Herbert/Herzog and two underclassmen teams. Having never been to this tournament...do they permit the use of laptops and do judges disclose after the rounds? And I talked to the Stuyvesant coach at NFA and they're coming too.

I think Susquehannock will be bringing Herbert/Herzog and two underclassmen teams. Having never been to this tournament...do they permit the use of laptops and do judges disclose after the rounds? And I talked to the Stuyvesant coach at NFA and they're coming too.

If Susq, NFA, Stuy. Loyola, P-bury & Truman come it will be a leap forward in comp.....

Shawn

If Susq, NFA, Stuy. Loyola, P-bury & Truman come it will be a leap forward in comp.....

Shawn

And we shall be the leap back.

Stylistically, that is.

You and your little coach-who-rigs-the-tournament-so-you-win, too.

I hope that pitch at Durkin was in good fun, because he's the most honest, upright, and sane tab director I've ever had the pleasure to man a ballot table for!!:)

Besides..Loyala kick all y'all's tails and not even break a sweat..send the keymaker right back to his little workbench...my money is on the Boys from the South..lol.

Good luck to all though..I'm off to the frozen tundra of Chicago that weekend.

Duane

It was, of course. I have been competing/judging at Villiger for several years, so I've known Tom for a while.

Mr. Durkin just read this post, and he has issued an official declaration. He says that he doesn't need to rig the tournament for loyola to win, we'll do it anyway.

Why do I now feel that I will not be judging any Loyola teams? Having just declared war for my unsuspecting debaters, I say, in the style of the Dubya*, bring it on.

* - This way, if they lose, its a funny joke about the Iraqi insurgency.

Same question..Jeff, Shawn..anyone else who's been there...do they allow laptops and are there disclosures and oral critiques after the round?..also what about some of these "official rules" like debaters must read the complete citation including the page number and complete date and source of their evidence or it doesn't count..are there actually some judges who enforce that ridiculousness?

steve -

none of the judges that i've ever had enforce those rules. i know durkin would not support that kind of stuff

the tournament does allow laptops, we used them last year

i don't think they allow disclosure yet for some reason, but probably oral critiques

steve -

none of the judges that i've ever had enforce those rules. i know durkin would not support that kind of stuff

the tournament does allow laptops, we used them last year

i don't think they allow disclosure yet for some reason, but probably oral critiques

Uh....what he said.....don't know why I didn't answer it the first time....

On a side note Truman's Saturday judge is Steve Hauber. He is a few years removed.......and a bit old fashioned stylistically.....Doesn't like speed and these are his first rounds on this topic.....so FYI

I'll be around on Saturday trailing my various teams and speechies, mostly novies. I will be our judge in the breaks though...........

Shawn

Hauber is a qualified judge who makes fair decisions, just don't blow him away like he judges every week.

On Sunday, however, Shawn is a tool.

Alright then, but since moving South I gotta watch out for my tourney rigging, dirty playing, bretheren!!:) My money is still on Loyola..and last I heard Herzog and partner were coming to play out in Chicago that weekend - what happened? Good luck to all and safe travels.

Duane