nswalker

Episode III

Easily the best of the three prequels.

It lived up to expectations, for me anyway. I expected some painful dialogue and acting, especially in "love" scenes. The acting, however, on balance was the best of the prequels, same with the dialogue.

That doesn't really describe how I feel about the movie... I thought it was FREAKING AWESOME :D (despite the flaws that were expected)

I've seen it twice now.

It exceeded my expectations, and is easily the best of the prequels but is still inferior to episodes IV, V, and VI.

I expect a lengthy debate to follow, but for now I am going back to watching episode IV.

i went opening night at 12:01am. staged a massive light sabre fight in front of the audience. it was a great movie, much better than the other two prequals. go buy a ticket.

i went opening night at 12:01am. staged a massive light sabre fight in front of the audience. it was a great movie, much better than the other two prequals. go buy a ticket.

I also went and saw it at 12:01 but I'm disappointed the security where we saw it did not allow light saber fighting and was actually throwing out children who were playing around with them. But on a happier note the movie was better than the other two prequels by far and it ranks close to the originals I will have to see it again before I can make that comparison.

I am a Star Wars virgin and plan to stay that way

you've reached and breached every other threshold of nerdity...you might as well stop denying it and join the dark side.

It was sweet. Easily better than 1,2,4,5. I dunno if Episode 3 is better than Episode 6 though...hmm

Hmm, Remember Episode 5 was the only episode to recieve 4 stars, and some say the best.

Princess Leia: Hans, I love you.

Hans Solo: I know.

Fucking pimp. Hans Solo for life.

It was sweet. Easily better than 1,2,4,5. I dunno if Episode 3 is better than Episode 6 though...hmm

I'm surprised so many people think RoTJ owns all else...

It has ewoks. They're only one step above the gungans.

Empire Strikes Back is my favorite.

I loved it, but i wasn't as fond of the "love" scenes and Lucas practically said it out front in the beginning that palpetine was sidious; i really enjoyed the way it bridges the gap between the 2nd and 4th with vader

Hmm, Remember Episode 5 was the only episode to recieve 4 stars, and some say the best.

Princess Leia: Hans, I love you.

Hans Solo: I know.

Fucking pimp. Hans Solo for life.

Don't forget that Leia reciprocates in RotJ with the same line. "Pimp".

And it's just "Han", there's only one of him.

Don't forget that Leia reciprocates in RotJ with the same line. "Pimp".

And it's just "Han", there's only one of him.

thank you

I'm surprised so many people think RoTJ owns all else...

It has ewoks. They're only one step above the gungans.

Empire Strikes Back is my favorite.

when you say one step above, you must mean like 18.

No one fucks around with ewoks. they are tricky little things

the ewoks were cited as the main reason it only got 4 stars. I was really hoping Chewy would eat one of them at the end.

excessive appeals to children are always annoying (see: JarJar Binx).

Does anyone else notice that the Death Star is already partially built in 3 but it takes 18 more years to finish?

Does anyone else notice that the Death Star is already partially built in 3 but it takes 18 more years to finish?

I noticed. But I suppose building something that large that can destroy a planet probobly takes some time. 18 years is a little much though, they probobly had some gender and species equality laws and had to allow women to work on it, why else would it take 18 years?

But then it only took 5 or so years for the Death Star two. That was one of the things that kind of really bugged me. And some of the dialouge and acting. But overall I really liked the movie. Great way to finish the saga.

Different Death Stars dude.

Saxton 2005 (Curtis, Star Wars Nerd, Theforce.net- Star Wars: Death Stars: Construction & Destruction, http://www.theforce.net/swtc/ds/ruction.html#construction, 04/11/05)

"During the Clone Wars, the Confederacy of Independent Systems secretly began development and construction of a moon-sized battle station with superlaser prime weapon. Geonosians already had plans before their world was overrun [AOTC]. Three years later, Archduke Poggle the Lesser had dubbed this device the Great Weapon. After the Battle of Coruscant the war had apparently reached a stalemate, but the Separatist leaders knew that they could win eventually if they could prolong the conflict until the Great Weapon's completion. According to Shu Mai (in a pessimistic mood on Utapau), this might have taken "years" [Reversal of Fortune #112].

At some unknown time after the deaths of the Separatist Council and Lord Vader's recuperation as a cyborg, an incomplete battle station fell into the hands of the Galactic Empire. Emperor Palpatine, Lord Vader and Moff Tarkin inspected this prize when it appeared half complete [Revenge of the Sith]. This may have been the unfinished remains of the Great Weapon. This device was kept secret. In their ignorance, Princess Leia and the Rebel Alliance believed that the Death Star was a novelty.

Tarkin's experts could reverse-engineer and improve the secret, captured Separatist technology at their leisure. This opportunity may have been a vital inspiration and practical boost to the later Death Star research programme. (Similarly, German rockets and engineers captured at the end of World War 2 greatly advanced the USSR's and USA's efforts to develop space travel.)

The construction of moon-sized starships remains a novelty at the end of the Clone Wars. How, specifically, did the Empire exploit what it learned from its studies of the Great Weapon? Where was it hidden; when and how was it eventually discarded? Was there any continuity between the Separatist project and Tarkin's later programme in the Maw? Did the research effort pause or halt when mundicidal weapons were no longer needed, during the years of peace between the Clone Wars and the eruption of rebellion? How many more intermediate prototypes were built and tested? What were their flaws and inefficiencies? Were there any catastrophic failures or explosions during testing and development? These stories remain untold. "

Except for all the love scenes it was pretty good. We came to see giant space battles, lightsaber duels, and how he became Darth Vader, not a bunch of love things. On top of all that, Jar Jar didn't say a word. And at the end where Yoda tells Obi-Wan that he'll be able to see Qui-Qon (spelling?) again and then we don't see him, that really made me mad. He was one of my favorite characters. And I know George Lucas has said this will be the last Star Wars movie, but we now have 20 years missing. How does the rebellion start? More stuff about the growth of the Empire? I don't know, maybe George will change his mind. Always in motion is the future.

But the originals were still better. Empire is still the best one, then Jedi, then either Sith or Episode IV.

I noticed. But I suppose building something that large that can destroy a planet probobly takes some time. 18 years is a little much though, they probobly had some gender and species equality laws and had to allow women to work on it, why else would it take 18 years?

They relied on the centralized state which forced it to take as long as it did had only they used a local form of govenrment I'm sure it would've been completed almost instantly. :)

They relied on the centralized state which forced it to take as long as it did had only they used a local form of govenrment I'm sure it would've been completed almost instantly. :)

Burn....Can you slow down a little bit... I don't get what you are talking about..

But then it only took 5 or so years for the Death Star two. That was one of the things that kind of really bugged me. And some of the dialouge and acting. But overall I really liked the movie. Great way to finish the saga.

1) This is one of the problems with Episode 6. Hell, originally the Death Star 2 wasn't in the storyline, so it's not necessarily one of Lucas' original visions.

2) Death Star 2 wasn't finished. It had the bare necessities... There's got to be a lot of stuff going on inside the frame of the deathstar that wasn't built in Return of the Jedi.

3) It's just a movie :P

Different Death Stars dude.

Saxton 2005 (Curtis, Star Wars Nerd, Theforce.net- Star Wars: Death Stars: Construction & Destruction, http://www.theforce.net/swtc/ds/ruction.html#construction, 04/11/05)

"During the Clone Wars, the Confederacy of Independent Systems secretly began development and construction of a moon-sized battle station with superlaser prime weapon. Geonosians already had plans before their world was overrun [AOTC]. Three years later, Archduke Poggle the Lesser had dubbed this device the Great Weapon. After the Battle of Coruscant the war had apparently reached a stalemate, but the Separatist leaders knew that they could win eventually if they could prolong the conflict until the Great Weapon's completion. According to Shu Mai (in a pessimistic mood on Utapau), this might have taken "years" [Reversal of Fortune #112].

At some unknown time after the deaths of the Separatist Council and Lord Vader's recuperation as a cyborg, an incomplete battle station fell into the hands of the Galactic Empire. Emperor Palpatine, Lord Vader and Moff Tarkin inspected this prize when it appeared half complete [Revenge of the Sith]. This may have been the unfinished remains of the Great Weapon. This device was kept secret. In their ignorance, Princess Leia and the Rebel Alliance believed that the Death Star was a novelty.

Tarkin's experts could reverse-engineer and improve the secret, captured Separatist technology at their leisure. This opportunity may have been a vital inspiration and practical boost to the later Death Star research programme. (Similarly, German rockets and engineers captured at the end of World War 2 greatly advanced the USSR's and USA's efforts to develop space travel.)

The construction of moon-sized starships remains a novelty at the end of the Clone Wars. How, specifically, did the Empire exploit what it learned from its studies of the Great Weapon? Where was it hidden; when and how was it eventually discarded? Was there any continuity between the Separatist project and Tarkin's later programme in the Maw? Did the research effort pause or halt when mundicidal weapons were no longer needed, during the years of peace between the Clone Wars and the eruption of rebellion? How many more intermediate prototypes were built and tested? What were their flaws and inefficiencies? Were there any catastrophic failures or explosions during testing and development? These stories remain untold. "

The plans for the Death Star that the Seperatists had were from Darth Sidious aka the emperor. Its the same death star. I dunno who wrote that article and where they got their information but im pretty sure that its bullshit.