Sign in to follow this  
PrincessAisha

Looking for off-case positions 2019-20

I've been writing some off case positions, even experimenting with a cp. I need help. I looked into biopower but couldn't figure out how to link it to foreign gun exports.

Check out some of the camp files from open ev! There's lots of different possible arguments to run there - and you can adapt them to be uniquely your position. That at least provides a place to start as far as research. That said, the arms sales topic doesn't have a ton of generic offcase positions - a lot of them are going to be more aff-specific. Here are a few ideas that should apply to most affs:

- 2020 disad (plan boosts Trump credibility, makes Trump win, which is bad)

- Fill-in disads (when the US stops arms sales to a certain country, another country will start selling them arms sales, which is bad)

- Conditions CPs (instead of stopping arms sales to a country, only sell them arms if they don't commit human rights abuses, or make the country comply with UN rules)

Biopower probably has a link to arms sales. Think about it this way: under a plan, the US gets to have control over whether a certain country gets to have arms sales or not. (That may be more of a link to US exceptionalism, though). IR theory is definitely going to be prominent as far as kritiks this year -- try doing some research on international relations and/or finding online lectures about it. Plus, lots of camps are producing K files that you'll be able to find on openev.

I'm no expert, but I hope this helped : )

Plus Mines DA's with Structural Violence Impacts, those are bangers.

For example their plan text could say Foreign Military Financing (Which includes arms sales and "boots on the ground," which is arguably topical because it is often done under the umbrella of Foreign Military Sales.) thus they reduce the military presence in the country which is K2 Demining. Lots of cool umbrella terms you can use as off-case.

open evidence isnt updated until mid august. check the umich website. they have some good preliminary ideas, but their only real use is cardmining.