JSamuel

2019-2020 Resolution

I'm not sure how everything on this site is run, but could we get a moderator to delete the "Immigration" forum and create an "Arms Sales" forum?  This would be appropriate, seeing as how the new debate resolution for the 2019-2020 season is focused on arms sales.

• Upvote 1

On 5/30/2019 at 11:19 PM, JSamuel said:

I'm not sure how everything on this site is run, but could we get a moderator to delete the "Immigration" forum and create an "Arms Sales" forum?  This would be appropriate, seeing as how the new debate resolution for the 2019-2020 season is focused on arms sales.

The only mod on this site has been inactive for almost a year now. You can create one...

• Downvote 2

Just now, OwenK said:

The only mod on this site has been inactive for almost a year now. You can create one...

As far as I can tell, I don't have permission to create forums - I only have permission to create topics within the forums.

18 hours ago, JSamuel said:

As far as I can tell, I don't have permission to create forums - I only have permission to create topics within the forums.

Exactly; David (who owns the site) is the only one who still has mod powers. He is the one who can change the immigration topic to the arms sales topic. He has been inactive for almost a year now. Hence the need to create a topic within a fourm for the arms sales topic. 

2 hours ago, OwenK said:

Exactly; David (who owns the site) is the only one who still has mod powers. He is the one who can change the immigration topic to the arms sales topic. He has been inactive for almost a year now. Hence the need to create a topic within a fourm for the arms sales topic. 

Quick distinction in mod v admin powers. Mods can only manage content on the front end of the website (within whatever allowed permissions). Stuff like forum creation is all admin control panel stuff. David can't hand out those powers without also enabling a user to be able to basically control the entire site.

That said, topic came out around the new year and he's been active since.

For the sake of this topic's request, @David should be tagged.

• Upvote 3