kasn113

Is it untopical to hire?

I'm a debater in Indiana... so we're a bit behind. Anyways, some teams who went to nats said it is untopical to hire, i.e. judges, lawyers, etc. Should I listen to them, or did they just tell me that to have an advantage over me?

Just now, ronniesportman said:

yeah - it is untopical - Hiring judges/lawyers isn't removing a restriction on legal immigration. 

Alright, so in the instance of resolving the court clog, what is a topical thing to do?

Just now, kasn113 said:

Alright, so in the instance of resolving the court clog, what is a topical thing to do?

I don't think hiring Lawyers is able to Solve, but rather saying smth like the plan streamlines the process that mitigates court clog. And how more applicants cause an increase in resource allocation to courts.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ronniesportman said:

I don't think hiring Lawyers is able to Solve, but rather saying smth like the plan streamlines the process that mitigates court clog. And how more applicants cause an increase in resource allocation to courts.  

Thanks

That would be a great way to go about it. The only thing is most of the information needed to understand the plan's topicality is restricted to Valpo uni students. 

I'm sure there's other info out there saying the same thing, I'll just have to look for it.

Make the plan like reduce restrictions on legal immigration by requiring Judges to provide permanent relief by cancelling proceedings in cases where an allegedly removal person lacks legal counsel or it has been determined that they are unable to meaningfully participate in their defense.

Either A, they just get released and Get LPR

Or B, They get a fair trial with a lawyer

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Jw4167 said:

Make the plan like reduce restrictions on legal immigration by requiring Judges to provide permanent relief by cancelling proceedings in cases where an allegedly removal person lacks legal counsel or it has been determined that they are unable to meaningfully participate in their defense.

Great idea. I'm assuming that the lack of legal counsel would be the restriction here. Am I correct in assuming so?

54 minutes ago, Jw4167 said:

This is Fx T, the action itself is not topical, but the effects are