ThatOneGirl

New Case

I'm currently trying to write a new case because the one I'm currently┬áusing, I didn't write. The case I started writing was really bad and I can't turn it into an actual useable case, I've looked at it recently and I'm just confused about what I was even doing­čśé, sooooo I need a new topic. I just have no idea what to write my case on, I have about three weeks until our my next competition, so it has to be kinda easy, but not easy to dispute, any ideas?

Just go through Openev and the wiki and read affs until you find one that you're interested in. Also think about what it would link to and whether you want to face that off case consistently 

It depends on if you want a traditional, soft left, or maybe even a k aff. If you just want a case that's anything policy related, you can make a straightforward refugees aff and use advantages such as economy, moral compass, etc. it can be a bit hard to defend a plan like this currently if you don't fiat anything immigration related, because of the midterms results.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:57 AM, MrMango22 said:

It depends on if you want a traditional, soft left, or maybe even a k aff. If you just want a case that's anything policy related, you can make a straightforward refugees aff and use advantages such as economy, moral compass, etc. it can be a bit hard to defend a plan like this currently if you don't fiat anything immigration related, because of the midterms results.´╗┐

That's what my current case is, I just want something that's a little less common, I think I'm gonna do something about climate refugees though.

13 hours ago, BiopowerRocks said:

what effect have the midterms had on policy affs?

Honestly, I have no idea, I'm in Nov. Policy in Montana, so it's not like anyone is actually taking in account anything new that's happening 

You could run Emergency refugee status. The plan text has to be crafted just right. Your T blocks also have to be really good. If you can successfully do it. It is really good, it doesnt lnk to many Cp's. I ran it with a detention adv.