Stassja

Help Me Create Real World Policy

Hey! My last year of high school debate was last year, but I'm really needing some help from the debate community. My friend's roommate has attempted to commit suicide and basically the university police told her that the problem wasn't that important and if she is going to harm herself to "use a clean blade." My friend and I found out that our university does not have explicit guidelines on what to do in this type of situation. Our campus police also aren't required to take a mental health training (expect for when they were in the police academy). There was a case last year during the education topic about guidance counselors only focusing on test scores rather than mental health. I could have sworn this was on open evidence, but I can't find it anywhere. We are going to propose a policy on mental health at our university. If you guys have any ideas/experiences with this feel free to send me a message! I'm trying to create the best outcome for this policy as possible.

Even without the case I will be able to do adequate research, but I remembered that it had some pretty good evidence. If anyone has it/or cards that might help me pleeaaase let me know or if there is a place to purchase it! Thanks so much!