debategirl52

Going for NEOLIB GOOD in the 2AR!

How do I resolve the link args in the 2AR when I am going for Neolib good? I guess I just don't get why I need to win/address "no link" if I am conceding that we are neoliberal.

Also---- How do I answer: "All of our links are DA's to the plan"

2 hours ago, debategirl52 said:

How do I resolve the link args in the 2AR when I am going for Neolib good? I guess I just don't get why I need to win/address "no link" if I am conceding that we are neoliberal.

Also---- How do I answer: "All of our links are DA's to the plan"

Don’t exactly quote me because I’m not the most qualified person on this. But it’s a matter of 1. How could your cap good evidence is and how you’ve debated that, if you’ve straight just won that put some minor defensive args on the link sheet and just weigh that the risk of cap being good outweighs the risk of a link, and 2. How could of your link args are, if you have bad link args, you aren’t gonna get very far in the debate

imo, read a bunch of reasons cap is good and put some defense on each of the links, then weigh that the if there’s a risk of a link then that’s a good thing because it triggers your cap good stuff

but be careful not to make so like there’s too much work on the link sheet, because then they could drop the K, use your answers as a way as to how you access cap good offense and say that voting neg is key to preserving it (probably a dumb arg but it could happen)

If you're winning neolib good (which should be the case if that's your 2AR) concede the links and go for the impact turn. If the links have independent impacts, then mitigate them as you would any other impact (say "nuh-uh and case outweighs").

There's a good chance you won't win the cap good debate in front of a lot of judges, and there's some pretty phenomenal cap bad evidence out there that has answers to most of the cap good, so I might not advise going all in on cap good in the 2AR. If you do choose to go for cap good, the links probably don't matter because if there isn't a link then there isn't a k and there's not really a reason to vote neg, and if there is a link then the cap good debate will protect you. All of our links are DAs to the plan doesn't really mean anything except that the neg can kick the alt and just go for a link and impact as a reason that the aff is bad, even if they don't have a way to address it. 

1 hour ago, BatailleLives said:

There's a good chance you won't win the cap good debate in front of a lot of judges,

I've never met a judge who wouldn't vote on cap good if it was argued well. It's hardly the same as death impact turns. Top teams go for cap good against K affs all the time, it's a viable strat provided you get get specific.

1 hour ago, BatailleLives said:

there's some pretty phenomenal cap bad evidence out there that has answers to most of the cap good,

This is true but it's hardly an automatic win.

• Like 1

I think you can go for both in the 2AR as long as you have a "neoliberalism inevitable" argument somewhere in there - The 1AC likely isn't the one thing that will make-or-break neoliberalism, meaning that even if they try to concede the link turns and the impact turns, you still have the "neolib inev" arg to get you out of that