victorchen45678

Combining two Counterplans

Hello folks, 

I am thinking of combining the State Citizenship CP made by HSS and the State Sponsored-VIsa CP cut by Mich. Basically my idea is that states should be allowed to establish their own citizenships while also sponsor their own visa that directly connects to the naturalization for their state citizenship. Side note the state citizenship visa offers a second option for immigrants who can't get Federal citizenship. 

My question is like is there any theory arguments on these type of CP and is it strategic to run the two CPs as one or run them separately?

Also just some common strategies flaw with this CP

Thank you 

There are no theory objections to this. You could read them as separate planks to a collective states CP, or you could read them as separate CPs if there's enough debate about both to warrant a separate page. Although if you mean you want to combine their functionality thru this "directly connects to the naturalization" bit, you need specific ev, or else you basically just inventing a CP with no lit.

I have ev that talk about these visas offer to chance for eventual citizenship. It doesn't specify which citizenship, fed or state, but common guess is that it's talking about federal government. Before I find a solvency advocate for both state visa and state citizenship, can I just spin these evs into saying they mean state citizenship as well?

If I'm looking at the right files, the naturalization CP is about shielding undocumented immigrants in the U.S. now from deportation and the visas one is about allowing states to determine their own level of immigration. I don't know what the combined CP solves that the visas CP doesn't given visas allows immigrants to apply for LPR.

People will say combining CPs bad because no card assumes the CPs together, it's unpredictable, tries to spike out of reasonable solvency deficits. Also, people will ask if conditionality means you can kick one plank and go for the other. Say "no" or be prepared to defend you can do that.

• Upvote 1

well i guess the only problem with with reading multiplanks is that they usually do a lot more than the affirmative which makes presumption shift affirmative which isn't always beneficial especially if u wanna read the the CP as a skew. In my day i just avoided going into multiplanks and just used cps as a time skew , and usually went for the K.