TKdebater

Best Nietzsche debaters?

I assume you're talking about the Kain/Saurette suffering good version? Other than Loyola EM or maybe Steven Murray, I don't think any teams with significant competitive success have read anything close to this version of Nietzsche recently, and unless you have a remarkably in depth knowledge of his work, I wouldn't suggest doing so, or else you'll sound like an indefensible dick to many judges. Most "pomo" args like Baudrillard, Deleuze, or Foucault involve arguments originally made by Nietzsche, like fluidity or acceleration. Teams who have had success with these args include EM and Murray, Michigan KM, Michigan LZ, Berkeley MS, and Stuyvesant DS.

• Like 1

Here's a video from the ADI a few years back that I consider a great high-level Nietzsche debate. The 2NC is probably the best speech in the debate and does a lot of work explaining Nietzsche argumentatively. But I'm probably biased. 

http://debatevision.com/video/nietzsche-k-debate-adi-2011

Edited by Maury
  • Haha 1

On 8/26/2018 at 7:00 AM, Nonegfiat said:

Patrick fox from jack c hays 

I swore of Nietzsche for a reason. It is a dark and unholy power I choose not to wield, for fear of the havoc it can wreak.

Super strategic though, I don't think it's a good topic-heavy strat (hence me not reading it anymore, I've discovered topic-specific K alts and fallen back into my old habits of policy strats), but it's a great back pocket 1NC for debates where the aff is something you have no idea how to answer.

Holy shit this site got a make-over didn't it.

Edited by AQuackDebater
spelling

12 minutes ago, AQuackDebater said:

It is a dark and unholy power I choose not to wield, for fear of the havoc it can wreak.

Much like Diablo of Suicide Squad fame, he fears his own strength. Sounds like someone is denying the will to power.

On another note, Reza Negarestani's stuff links to probably every topical aff for immigration. Strong generic if you can stomach the post-Landian jargon. Derrida's work on hospitality is similar but a bit more accessible.

2 minutes ago, seanarchy said:

On another note, Reza Negarestani's stuff links to probably every topical aff for immigration. Strong generic if you can stomach the post-Landian jargon. Derrida's work on hospitality is similar but a bit more accessible.

Any author that draws on a human crack pipe for inspiration and influence has no place in a debate round.

Just now, AQuackDebater said:

a human crack pipe 

Haven't heard that one before lol.

Granted everything in the past two decades from him has ruined his personal legacy, but up until he left CCRU Land's work was pretty groundbreaking. No Nick Land means no accelerationism, no Mark Fisher, no neo-china from the future, etc. My point is that I think we can't discard things that are theoretically related to him just because he's a fascist now.

He wrote The Dark Enlightenment and hangs out with the neoreaction crowd like Moldbug and Thiel. He also posts a lot of scientific racism on his Twitter and stuff like that.

My understanding of his new version of his philosophy is that he thinks capitalism is a molecular-individualist intelligence explosion that inevitably trends towards grey goo/skynet. Therefore leftism and egalitarianism are molar regulatory attempts at not accelerating. Also left accelerationism isn't really accelerationism. Also D&G are anti-leftists.

3 hours ago, Maury said:

I'm out of the loop - what did Land do? How did he become a Fascist?

Drugs. He did lots of drugs.

In regards to fascism, here's an excerpt from his wikipedia page.

Most recently, Land has been a prominent theorist and namer of the Dark Enlightenment, a "neoreactionary" philosophy that opposes egalitarianism and is sometimes associated with the alt-right or other right-wing movements.[10][11] Shuja Haider notes, "His sequence of essays setting out its principles have become the foundation of the NRx canon."[12]

3 hours ago, NickDB8 said:

Drugs. He did lots of drugs.

I mean yeah but he was always kinda amphetamine fueled. Guess it finally got to him. He also moved to Shanghai and thought Chinese capitalism was the shit.