NeroTheZero

Can anyone help me with critical thinking ROTJ?

I'm writing a K about Cultural Hegemony, and I want to have a ROTJ that says something along the lines of "The role of the judge is to vote for the debater who best encourages critical thinking." Does anybody have cards that they could give me? Or can you at least point me to a place where I could find cards for such a ROTJ?

You should look into "critical pedagogy."

Here's an example from "Rethinking Education as the Practice of Freedom: 
Paulo Freire and the promise of critical pedagogy" by Henry Giroux.

Education cannot be neutral. It is always directive in its attempt to teach students to inhabit a 
particular mode of agency, enable them to understand the larger world and one’s role in it in a 
specific way, define their relationship, if not responsibility, to diverse others, and experience in the 
classroom some sort of understanding of a more just, imaginative, and democratic life. Pedagogy is 
by definition directive, but that does not mean it is merely a form of indoctrination. On the 
contrary, as Freire argued, education as a practice for freedom must expand the capacities 
necessary for human agency, and hence the possibilities for how academic labor should be 
configured to ensure such a project that is integral to democracy itself. Surely, this suggests that 
even within the privileged precincts of higher education, educators should nourish those 
pedagogical practices that promote 
a concern with keeping the forever unexhausted and unfulfilled human potential open, 
fighting back all attempts to foreclose and pre-empt the further unravelling of human 
possibilities, prodding human society to go on questioning itself and preventing that 
questioning from ever stalling or being declared finished. (Bauman & Tester, 2001, p. 4) 
In other words, critical pedagogy forges an expanded notion of politics and agency through a 
language of skepticism and possibility, and a culture of openness, debate, and engagement – all 
those elements now at risk because of the current and most dangerous attacks on higher education. 
This was Paulo’s legacy, one that invokes dangerous memories and is increasingly absent from any 
conservative discourse about current educational problems. Unfortunately, it is also absent from 
much of the discussion on the current status of academic labor.