ronniesportman

Bayernuard vs ronniesportman / Nonegfiat, sfrpeterm, outlier

1. If I kick the alt what do I resolve all the alt offense, if not what would remain

No residual offense on the alt level if you kick it.

EDIT: I forgot the content of my own speech. Vague alts bad is still a reason to reject the team if you kick the alt.

2. Wait how do you justify only 6 new affs, your interp is the 50 states+ District of Columbia+(6)U.S territory that to count the total combinations of USfg action.....

The 50 states and D.C. are a part of the mainland United States -- we only allow in affs within the 5 subnational territories, which would be 5 new affs at worst. We're not claiming that state action is topical.

3. what do you mean that by literature checks on limits?

There's an inherent check to limits in that people cannot read ridiculously small affs with no literature on them. The aff has substantial amounts of literature, which means we should be able to debate it.

4. Besides for the Spending DA what other generics CP's + DA's can we rely on

Anything, really. Politics, Trump base, states, advantage counterplans.

5. What's barma?

I didn't read the Barma card, that's my bad.

6. how does Baudrillard justify Severence?

He says that the best forms or resistance do not rely solely upon what we had to begin with, so we can sever ourselves from identities/statements that we've made -- that's basically what severance is.

7. When did I Post quotes from the card to explain the alt?

I misspoke in the 2AC -- I meant to say that you rely upon buzzwords/vague explanation to explain the alternative.

Edited by Bayernuard

1. If I kick the alt what do I resolve all the alt offense, if not what would remain

No residual offense on the alt level if you kick it.

EDIT: I forgot the content of my own speech. Vague alts bad is still a reason to reject the team if you kick the alt.

2. Wait how do you justify only 6 new affs, your interp is the 50 states+ District of Columbia+(6)U.S territory that to count the total combinations of USfg action.....

The 50 states and D.C. are a part of the mainland United States -- we only allow in affs within the 5 subnational territories, which would be 5 new affs at worst. We're not claiming that state action is topical.

3. what do you mean that by literature checks on limits?

There's an inherent check to limits in that people cannot read ridiculously small affs with no literature on them. The aff has substantial amounts of literature, which means we should be able to debate it.

4. Besides for the Spending DA what other generics CP's + DA's can we rely on

Anything, really. Politics, Trump base, states, advantage counterplans.

5. What's barma?

I didn't read the Barma card, that's my bad.

6. how does Baudrillard justify Severence?

He says that the best forms or resistance do not rely solely upon what we had to begin with, so we can sever ourselves from identities/statements that we've made -- that's basically what severance is.

7. When did I Post quotes from the card to explain the alt?

I misspoke in the 2AC -- I meant to say that you rely upon buzzwords/vague explanation to explain the alternative.

1.Why are vague alts a reason to reject the team rather than the arg? 

2.I'm confused does your interp include the states + DC + territories or just territories?

3. What's the bright line for how much lit is enough to check?

6. Wait, when does baudrillard talk about statements rather than identitites or what makes you say that they are the same?

It skews the debate -- the judges should use the ballot as a deterrent to keep you from reading alts I cannot interact with.

2.I'm confused does your interp include the states + DC + territories or just territories?

The states and D.C. are already a part of the resolution in that they are a part of the mainland United States. We would say that our interpretation is mainland U.S. + territories.

That's not the point -- the point is that it's literally impossible to read small affs because there's like 1 article about them on the entire internet.

6. Wait, when does baudrillard talk about statements rather than identitites or what makes you say that they are the same?

We would say that when Baudrillard says we shouldn't be held accountable for every aspect of our lives justifies severing out of the 1AC.

It skews the debate -- the judges should use the ballot as a deterrent to keep you from reading alts I cannot interact with.

The states and D.C. are already a part of the resolution in that they are a part of the mainland United States. We would say that our interpretation is mainland U.S. + territories.

That's not the point -- the point is that it's literally impossible to read small affs because there's like 1 article about them on the entire internet.

We would say that when Baudrillard says we shouldn't be held accountable for every aspect of our lives justifies severing out of the 1AC.

Last question:

6. What is the warranting behind Baudrillard saying we shouldn't be held accountable for every aspect of our lives

Last question:

6. What is the warranting behind Baudrillard saying we shouldn't be held accountable for every aspect of our lives

The 2NC will be up tommorrow if that with everyone, I got caught up in some Homework I procrastinated with...I'm so sorry. 

Last question:

On mobile, but it's something like -- the system uses our codifications in regards to the system to determine where we belong within that system, so if we sever ourselves from those forms of information, we can begin to escape the system.

You can put up the 2NC whenever is easiest for you.

You can put up the 2NC whenever is easiest for you.

So it should be up sometime tomorrow evening, I have tutoring lessons in the morning/afternoon and I'll grind it out by the evening. Once again, I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused and thank you all for your leniency :) 

So it should be up sometime tomorrow evening, I have tutoring lessons in the morning/afternoon and I'll grind it out by the evening. Once again, I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused and thank you all for your leniency :)

Just came back from my tutoring class, the 2NC should be up in a bit, but would judges mind answering position on Judge kicking?

Just came back from my tutoring class, the 2NC should be up in a bit, but would judges mind answering position on Judge kicking?

Nvm, here is the 2NC I'm open for CX the word count is 2743 Order is  

K Thesis, K Link, K Impact, Alt, Vagueness, all will have an O/V

1NR will cover the rest.

Edit: Added the order 

2NC Vdebate v. bernie.docx

Edited by ronniesportman

1. Point me to a quote in the Baudrillard card I cut that actually defines any link?

2. What is charity cannibalism?

3. If we win that an aff ballot creates material change, is Charity Cannibalism still a link?

4. On the activism link -- what does it mean to be consumed by semiocapitalism?

5. What's the internal link between ressentiment and the activism link?

6. You say: "The fact that the 1AC is related to Bernie's identity as Latin American turns the case." I'm Brazilian and the aff is about government action. How is this a link?

7. Does Bifo base his theses off of Baudrillard's?

8. How do you solve anything after kicking the alt?

Nvm, here is the 2NC I'm open for CX the word count is 2743 Order is  

K Thesis, K Link, K Impact, Alt, Vagueness, all will have an O/V

1NR will cover the rest.

Edit: Added the order 

Not my round but your overview high-key makes me want to cry. 

• Upvote 2

1. Point me to a quote in the Baudrillard card I cut that actually defines any link?

We would argue that the parts of the card where Baudrillard discusses explains about how Meaning is always unhappy, it's in the context of politics and the political finality of its discourse. But more generally the whole concept of this part is in the concept of the political realm and how it has become entwined in social fabric which is bad. 

2. What is charity cannibalism?

I mean, I think my overview explains the general concept of it or at least our conceptualization of it, if there is a specific aspect you would like me to elucidate I would be more than happy to. 

3. If we win that an aff ballot creates material change, is Charity Cannibalism still a link?

I guess We would say no because 1. The error rep impacts are still gonna happen 2. the fungibility DA 3. and you probably don't cause the plans passage and we've impact turned activism 

4. On the activism link -- what does it mean to be consumed by semiocapitalism?

I guess this would be better phrased as the energy that activism creates acts like a fuel that sustains semiocapitalism and slowly gets drained out of the people effectively making semiocap "consume" it. 

5. What's the internal link between ressentiment and the activism link?

We would argue that this is the argument bifo makes of resentment culture and the fakes show of politics. So we start with this hate towards this thing/object/institution ie. the Privatization of Puerto Rico, The earlier portions of the card explain how activism fails and has caused the energy to be sapped away whittling the persons spirit making us derive at the conclusion that Fighting back is suicidal and useless and we can't ever change anything . This is what Resentment is, this whittling away of spirits such that this hatred towards some problem in society that we can't change is turned upon ones own self leading to our negative impacts. 

6. You say: "The fact that the 1AC is related to Bernie's identity as Latin American turns the case." I'm Brazilian and the aff is about government action. How is this a link?

We would refer to the point that in CX you said you were Latin American and Puerto Rico as part of Latin Americathus connecting the aff to your identity thus it would be stored in the "Latin American Library" in way Woodward would describe it and link to the impacts

7. Does Bifo base his theses off of Baudrillard's?

Parts, but not all, by disproving baudrillard you don't immediately disprove Bifo 

8. How do you solve anything after kicking the alt?

Solvency is not the burden of the neg its of the aff, the K can be conceptualized as a DA/Case Turn to the 1AC. 

1NR whenever.

EDIT:

Heck, I lied. One more question.

If I were white and read the same aff, would that avoid the identity link?

Edited by Bayernuard

1NR whenever.

EDIT:

Heck, I lied. One more question.

If I were white and read the same aff, would that avoid the identity link?

We would argue that if u were white and reading this aff u may avoid this one link, but we would argue that it would also be harmful for a white person to read this aff, we would say that unless semiocap is deconstructed the 1ac discourse is violent unless a nonwhite is able to sever any tangential link to ones identity. This is kinda confusing so feel free to follow up again if u need a bit more clarification

Sorry for not replying very quickly, I'm at camp. 

I will still follow and give an RFD don't worry

Good luck (on what's rest of the debate I guess)

We would argue that if u were white and reading this aff u may avoid this one link, but we would argue that it would also be harmful for a white person to read this aff, we would say that unless semiocap is deconstructed the 1ac discourse is violent unless a nonwhite is able to sever any tangential link to ones identity. This is kinda confusing so feel free to follow up again if u need a bit more clarification

I'll take you up on that offer -- why do you assume that I'm reading the aff based upon my identity?

Edited by Bayernuard

I'll take you up on that offer -- why do you assume that I'm reading the aff based upon my identity?

so the argument isn’t that ur reading this aff because of ur identity but rather it gets tied to ur identity replicating these impacts that the card brings up. Ur baudrillard card in the touches upon how unless one is able to purposely and obviously sever themselves from their identity in these games/ role playing simulations ie. Reading an aff that doesn’t effect Latin America is one of the few ways to escape the seductive trap of identity

Hopefully that makes a bit more sense

Edited by ronniesportman

so the argument isn’t that ur reading this aff because of ur identity but rather it gets tied to ur identity replicating these impacts that the card brings up. Ur baudrillard card in the touches upon how unless one is able to purposely and obviously sever themselves from their identity in these games/ role playing simulations ie. Reading an aff that doesn’t effect Latin America is one of the few ways to escape the seductive trap of identity

Hopefully that makes a bit more sense

Cool, so people can't advocate for themselves.

If I can separate myself from my identity is this still a link?

Cool, so people can't advocate for themselves.

If I can separate myself from my identity is this still a link?

If you can prevent the tying of yourself to your identity that would not be a link. If the neg is able to draw a connection to your Latin American identity to the affirmative at all, there is a link 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh and a quick notice, would ya'll mind not calling me Ronnie, it brings up some bad shit. Thx and sorry for any inconvenience\

Sorry, didn't mean to do anything bad. :P

Whenever you're ready to post the 1NR is fine, no rush.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, didn't mean to do anything bad. :P

Whenever you're ready to post the 1NR is fine, no rush.

Yah, it's all good, you didn't know

The 1NR will be up soon, it's taking we some time to do the math for the speech......