Jw4167

ODT R5: nihilistkitten vs Jw4167

sorry ive been working everyday and busy with other stuff

cx

solvency advocate?

does the plan spillover to other things justified by reasonable suspicion?

if yes, what evidence do you think says it will spillover?

your evidence talks a lot about zero tolerance polices, how do you solve those issues?

what "broader change" will happen because of the plan?

can you explain Van Cleve and Mayes 13

why shouldn't we evaluate unintended consequences?

Edited by Jw4167

sorry ive been working everyday and busy with other stuff

no big deal

cx

solvency advocate?

I mean depends on what you think counts as a solvency advocate but I think hlr, forman and nance all vote aff

does the plan spillover to other things justified by reasonable suspicion?

probably -- it reverses key precedent

if yes, what evidence do you think says it will spillover?

mainly nance gives the juridicial justification which is what I assume you're talking about

your evidence talks a lot about zero tolerance polices, how do you solve those issues?

obviously we don't resolve every alt cause to the school-to-prison pipeline, but we can substantially reduce its impact. in particular we dramatically reduce the number of people who are caught commiting the kind of racialized low-level non-offenses that put people in contact with ztps

what "broader change" will happen because of the plan?

in the context of mcleod? this evidence just indicates that imperfect reforms can be good even if they don't dismantle overlying structures like cap/the state.

can you explain Van Cleve and Mayes 13

our argument is that the prison system is justified by a kind of penealogy of law and order which says that locking people up is justified even if they post a very very small risk to society no matter how much harm it does to them. we think that the util, magnitude-first frameworks follow that same violent logic

why shouldn't we evaluate unintended consequences?

the main argument that harris is making is that anything else justifies a kind of fucked up malthusian calculus which says violence and human rights violations can be good because they solve overpopulation. the principle of intervening action is the only non-artbirary boundary on what consequences we evaluate which doesn't allow that kind of decisionmaking

Edited by nihilistkitten

few more questions

what other polices will end that are justified by reasonable suspicion?

what broader change claims will happen because of the plan, in the context of Linos and Twist

what happens if these searches continue to happen?

few more questions

what other polices will end that are justified by reasonable suspicion?

nance identifies a number of broader surveillance methods -- random drug testing, metal detectors, locker searches, sros, excessive security cameras to name a few

what broader change claims will happen because of the plan, in the context of Linos and Twist

linos and twist are not specific to tlo, they're about scotus as an actor in general

what happens if these searches continue to happen?

i mean that's the entire advantage, but they a) cause people, especially people of color, to be sent to prison for non-offenses, B) ruin students' ability to trust teachers, counselors, and the education system in general, and c) create an environment of securitization in school by treating people as threats

last question, what happens if these searches continue to happen?, like what is the enforcement mechanism to make sure they actually stop. Like if scotus rules but the searches continue, is there a punishment?

last question, what happens if these searches continue to happen?, like what is the enforcement mechanism to make sure they actually stop. Like if scotus rules but the searches continue, is there a punishment?

my bad, I misunderstood the question. I think that a) the plan makes those searches unconstitutional so any school personnel or SROs would be liable to be sued (especially by organizations like the aclu), which also creates a deterrent B) the exclusionary rule means evidence from reasonable suspicion searches won't be admissible, which removes the link to the STPP, and c) media discourse around the plan would be positive which would educated and motivate teachers

I would have loved to research the case and have a lot of clash on the mechanism but im super busy and don't want to waste any more of your time.

This will be fun anyway! No rush on my end if you give me similar leniency once camp starts.

1. Status of everything?

2. Net benefits to everything?

3. What specific regulations does the ESAs CP remove/reduce?

4. Have you read uniqueness evidence for the schools DA?

5. If Kennedy's key and he's stepping down why is there uniqueness for the gerrymandering DA?

6. Clarke is about disaster preparedness -- how is it relevant to the aff?

Might have some more, we'll see.

This will be fun anyway! No rush on my end if you give me similar leniency once camp starts.

1. Status of everything?

condo

2. Net benefits to everything?

midterms net benefit to states, ESA

Good school net benefit to them all

court politics net benefit to them all

3. What specific regulations does the ESAs CP remove/reduce?

It gives parents education saving accounts, which allows them to choose what schools are best for their kids, like going to private/other schools that do no thave school searches.  The regulations it removes is just like allowing for new schools to make their own policies, for example, new private schools would not have to use ztps, and students can choose what type of schools they want to go.

4. Have you read uniqueness evidence for the schools DA?

Swayne 18 says good schools are k2 solving inequality, plan wrecks that,  also frame it through lens of counterplan

5. If Kennedy's key and he's stepping down why is there uniqueness for the gerrymandering DA?

plan happens before he retires,

6. Clarke is about disaster preparedness -- how is it relevant to the aff?

i dont think its about disasters, just about extreme events "whether their origins are "natural" or "technological.", also the warrants can be applied to policymaking anyway

Might have some more, we'll see.

2AC is ready when you answer by the way.

First, i may end up dropping out of the ODT soon but ill try to continue

If court politics is a net benefit to ESAs will you spec that it uses congress?

sure

Can you kick specific planks?

no

• Upvote 1

First, i may end up dropping out of the ODT soon but ill try to continue

Hopefully that doesn't have to happen. I'm ready for CX/the 2NC, by the way.

This is getting a little much -- here's the 2AC but please answer those questions anyway. 

this is a really, really solid 2AC. well done.

• Upvote 1

sorry im going to have to drop out of the ODT, sorry for wasting peoples time,  I just don't have the time with work,family in town, and camp next week.

• Upvote 1

sorry im going to have to drop out of the ODT, sorry for wasting peoples time,  I just don't have the time with work,family in town, and camp next week.

That's a shame. Hope you have fun at camp!