TheTrashDebater

ODT Round 5: TheTrashDebater versus TheSnowball// DavidGriffith, PailAmbrose, lawsonhudson

CX:

1. How does UDL work? Who gets to decide what constitutes inclusive education?

2. Is the plan basically "USFG should require states to develop curriculum consistent with UDL"?

3. That Hehir card says the federal government is *sufficient*--what evidence do you have that it's *necessary*?

There'll be more after.

CX:

1. How does UDL work? Who gets to decide what constitutes inclusive education?

UDL is a redesign of classroom education to better for integration of students with disabilities. As to what constitutes inclusive design, we’ll say that all design is framed around the aspects listed in the CAST evidence

2. Is the plan basically "USFG should require states to develop curriculum consistent with UDL"?

No, more like “USfg should set UDL guildlines for states to meet, but states get to choose their method of implementation”

3. That Hehir card says the federal government is *sufficient*--what evidence do you have that it's *necessary*?

Hehir 09 is actually great, it talks about how federal action is key as a method of signaling a dramatic shift away from the status quo which states just don’t have the ability to achieve

There'll be more after.

I'm at the debate pre-season for KU for the next couple weeks, and I don't have nearly enough time to produce speech docs for the ODT anymore. I'm going to drop ODT and focus on college. Best of luck.

• Upvote 2

I'm at the debate pre-season for KU for the next couple weeks, and I don't have nearly enough time to produce speech docs for the ODT anymore. I'm going to drop ODT and focus on college. Best of luck.

It’s all good, I hope you have a great time at debate pre-season and best of luck for college prep!