jmeza111401

Education vdebate jmeza111401 (aff) vs TheTrashDebater (neg)

Here's CX-

1. Why vote aff?

2. On Jackson, the card talks about health issues and concerns, how does the 1AC get access to that?

3. How does UDL have the ability to "dismantle the logic of disability?

4. Does the 1AC repeal IDEA?

5. The long evidence indicates that it's the parents making the decision to send their kids into isolation, how does the 1AC overcome the mindset of the parents?

6. One of Swenson's main warrants talks about ideas of building construction as a contributing factor to the segregation, does the 1AC change the construction of schools or does it just modify classroom curriculum?

7. Why is the supreme court key?

8. What does the 1AC determine what constitutes a disability?

Here's CX-

1. Why vote aff?

the plan is a good idea

2. On Jackson, the card talks about health issues and concerns, how does the 1AC get access to that?

the health issues is more of an example the main focus on the jackson should be the high risk/threat inequalities have 

3. How does UDL have the ability to "dismantle the logic of disability?

we don't affirm that UDL will dismantle the logic of disability but the inclusive design does help reach that goal 

4. Does the 1AC repeal IDEA?

yeah basically it removes and replaces IDEA

5. The long evidence indicates that it's the parents making the decision to send their kids into isolation, how does the 1AC overcome the mindset of the parents?

well the parents are probably convinced by society that these special education classrooms are better for their kids when in reality they only have some benefits , while by implementing UDL they'll begin to see the benefits of inclusive design non segregated classrooms 

6. One of Swenson's main warrants talks about ideas of building construction as a contributing factor to the segregation, does the 1AC change the construction of schools or does it just modify classroom curriculum?

I mean special education and their padded rooms wont be used anymore but the 1ac mostly just implements UDL into the curriculum

7. Why is the supreme court key?

the supreme court is key for the ruling portion of the plan and as said in our Linos et al  evidence supreme court ruling can influence people's opinion

8. What does the 1AC determine what constitutes a disability?

the 1ac mostly focuses on special education classrooms and the inequalities in them but we will argue that a disability can be anything society doesnt buy as normal for example in our Erevelles evidence African american and latino youth are represented as mentally imbalanced for having "aberrant bodies" 

1. What makes the plan a good idea?

It benefits children with disabilities which is a good thing I believe  

2. How does inclusive design influence factors outside the classroom?

Having classroom full of different types of learners with and without disabilities will probably help spread acceptance of disabilities as "normal"

cool here is some cx

1.first things first are all these off cases uncondo ? if not clarify the status of each pls

2. can you explain the link on the fed Da?

3. on the fifty states cp will IDEA still be around post cp ?

4. can you explain the Russell and Malhotra card? you didn't highlight and I want to see what you are trying to get at

5. on cap don't your cps promote state power too? 

cool here is some cx

1.first things first are all these off cases uncondo ? if not clarify the status of each pls

sure, the K and both CP's are condo, T and Da's don't have a status

2. can you explain the link on the fed Da?

That's Lawson, Lawson talks about ideas of federal education action overcrowd state policies and render them moot. "when the federal government legislates or regulates in a given field, it necessarily constrains the ability of states to legislate in that same field"

3. on the fifty states cp will IDEA still be around post cp ?

Yes, but the CP also ends the practices of IDEA that the aff critiques. Sure you may say that we can't repeal IDEA but the states can say that certain practices that could happen from IDEA policies are bad and should end

4. can you explain the Russell and Malhotra card? you didn't highlight and I want to see what you are trying to get at

First we did highlight the card, secondly the card talks about about how ableism is construed off of wage-labour's productivity mindset. Those with disabilities are excluded and cast out, the warrants are actually pretty great because the card also addresses notions of classroom separation and how all of your impacts are based off of capital domination

5. on cap don't your cps promote state power too? 

If you're asking whether or not the CP's and the K interact with each other, no they don't. We'll say that each advocacy exists in its own universe, we can't garner any perf con offense off of it if that's what you're wondering.

also, can you give me a TVA for each of your interpts pls 

(this will be all for cx 2ac will be up probably tomorrow)

Dereg-

Incroporate UDL design into IDEA

Education- 

Just institute the curriculum part of UDL, not the design of environment and buildings

Honestly that was as short as i was able to make it just do what you must in the block :)

Edit: added smiley face

Edited by jmeza111401

kk

here's CX-

can the United States Congress rule anything?

what's the point of a permutation?

What's the likelihood that the USfg uniformly all unanimously agrees to the same policy action?

Do we weigh theory under competing interps or reasonability?

On T theory, how does testing the aff on more than one word of the resolution create a strat skew?

How does the counter-interp for your courts T compete with the dereg shell?

What's the warrant to the Martz evidence on cap?

What's the impact to the state spending DA?

kk

here's CX-

can the United States Congress rule anything?

the judicial branch can declare laws passed by Congress or executive acts by the President of the United States unconstitutional I believe congress can only pass laws but can not rule anything uncostitutional (correct me if i am wrong) 

what's the point of a permutation?

to test the comptitiveness of the cp/k 

What's the likelihood that the USfg uniformly all unanimously agrees to the same policy action?

probably unlikely but who knows 

Do we weigh theory under competing interps or reasonability?

sorry for not specifying this I believe theory should be weighed alongside competing interps

On T theory, how does testing the aff on more than one word of the resolution create a strat skew?

its unecesary and skews education. skews strats because of all the limits per T shells fine example is that you ran two T reg shells

How does the counter-interp for your courts T compete with the dereg shell?

i forgot to add it im sorry but implementing UDL is still regulation

What's the warrant to the Martz evidence on cap?

only in perfection will capitalism and if you solve for capitalism perfectly then the alt excludes disabilities 

What's the impact to the state spending DA?

the plan wont work

Here's the 2NC, order is Congress CP, T courts, and cap (o/v, FW, link, perm, alt, impact), and topicality theory, word count is 3432, I'll just compensate in the 1NR

attachicon.gif2NC Jmeza.docx

his 2ac was super long so you dont have to compensate in 1nr, at least i would assume

his 2ac was super long so you dont have to compensate in 1nr, at least i would assume

his 2AC was 3300, I'm 100 over so I'm just gonna take that off of the 1NR