Arrow1124

How to give a policy affirmative have some Kritikal Implication?

I have a policy affirmative but I want to make the claim that reading the affirmative is a form of performance and that voting affirmative is a form of rejection. But I don't know how to make the claim that the aff is a form of performance. I'll link the aff in the bottom. Does anyone have an idea or card that can be useful?Cap Aff.docx 

Every speech act is inherently a performance. But the aff isn't very good for this argument, because it is a policy aff predicated on a governmental action plan, and you'd probably have more luck defending fiat and normal policy stuff. If you want a performative rejection aff, you should probably be more kritikal and have an alt instead of a plan. Before you try to make this aff performative, think about what the aff itself should be.

• Upvote 1

Some problems/solutions for the aff:

1. You advocate for a destruction of the US economy, but you don't give a framing argument. If you want to advocate for the destruction of the US economy, you must be prepared to outweigh extinction impacts, because the neg is gonna be showering you with "econ collapse = extinction". They will outweigh your extinction impacts immediately in timeframe. You should, instead, defend capitalism as being immoral and discriminative (there are a number of internal links, just only do anti blackness if you're prepared for a long and hard k debate you probably won't win). After this, you should read a framing contention with structural violence impacts as being the most important in the round.

2. Some impacts you might want to look into would be people being dehumanized into capitalist constructs, general "discrimination", etc.

3. I honestly think the thesis of the aff is fine enough. Remove the vague parts of the plan text, retitle the case, etc. You don't need to run this as a "performance aff", and you don't need to do something fancy like framing the ballot as a form of rejection of capitalism. I don't think the aff is well-suited for something like this at all.

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

One issue you run into is that they could probably turn the hell out of your case, there's a lot of evidence that immigration actually Boosts the economy. Also you should focus on how the current system is capitalist. I would also recommend doing your own research about how current standards around Immigration replicate the harms you are looking for, I recognized a couple of cards and tags from this years open ev Lol.