ronniesportman

Finals TOC livestream

I honestly have no idea who will win this. Blue Valley has destroyed at this TOC, with Stephen Lowe getting top speaker and only losing one prelim round (to top seed Greenhill EG). However, they've dropped a couple ballots in elims, while Monta Vista only dropped once the whole tournament. Monta Vista also beat MBA BJ on a 3-0 in semis, which is pretty impressive. At this point in the debate, I've got no clue. 

• Downvote 1

just got home from work, anyone record the stream or will the video be uploaded after?

dude the stream is still running- the debate just ended, now comes the long RFD wait

after hearing the debate, I was surprised at the choices that were made. I think the 1NC was not strategic in terms of argument selection, but the 2AC coverage was questionable. However, the 2AR was a good speech....if it weren't so new sounding.

I think this round will be decided as follows:

1] if the judges believe the 2AR was not new, they will vote aff

2] if the judges believe the 2AR was largely new, they will vote neg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I didn't flow and was doing math problems throughout the round, but my impression also was that the negative probably won.