AQuackDebater

What's gonna happen to Cross-X?

I can probably draw two possible futures:

1. The site just becomes inactive and dies off slowly (just as it has been)

2. The owner decides to shut it down and we’re left just as we were yesterday

Gee, I would really like it if the owner would stop being such an asshat and sell it to one of the people who have been trying to purchase it. I feel like we're all living in an old decrepit mansion. The house itself is in complete disarray, but there will always be at least a handful of people hanging around. It's obvious that a) a lot more people used to live in the house, and B) the house could use a renovation. This mansion would be a lot more fun and lively if someone would take care of it.

• Upvote 4

David Robinson is the owner of this site.

And I know that it doesn't match everything this site has to offer, but the /r/policydebate subreddit (which, full disclosure, I help moderate) is relatively active and could be somewhere to migrate to if cross-x goes to shit. 

• Upvote 1

David Robinson is the owner of this site.

Who is David Robinson? Are they like some old time debate legend who I shouldn’t have insulted?

Who is David Robinson? Are they like some old time debate legend who I shouldn’t have insulted?

Oh no, I was just informing people as to where to direct their thoughts.

Many people in the CX community don't really take this site seriously, and that makes me really sad. I'm a sophomore now, but when I'm a senior, I'm going to, as the sovereign, use my biopolitical authority to start forcing my novices to post once a day on C-X, so it doesn't die. Hopefully more of you start doing the same with your teams (if you have them) to try and keep this site alive, for however long it stays up. I'd love for this site to change hands and become a much more prominent site in the debate community, though.

• Upvote 1

Many people in the CX community don't really take this site seriously, and that makes me really sad. I'm a sophomore now, but when I'm a senior, I'm going to, as the sovereign, use my biopolitical authority to start forcing my novices to post once a day on C-X, so it doesn't die. Hopefully more of you start doing the same with your teams (if you have them) to try and keep this site alive, for however long it stays up. I'd love for this site to change hands and become a much more prominent site in the debate community, though.

What's wrong with this site that makes people not take it seroiusly?  It's a dedicated site unllike fb or reddit so you can always get on them on school wifi