Preeves22

Preeves22 v TheSnowball / lawsonhudson

1AC should be attached and could someone check the word count? I cannot check it where I am at currently. 

If everything else is good, then I am ready for CX.

1AC Crit PedPrag.docx

Edited by Preeves22

Word count is good. Here's CX.

1. How does the Affirmative address capitalism as it exists outside of education?

2. Define "Rejection" as used in the advocacy statement.

3. Developmental democracy seems to advocate shared power at all levels. Through what medium/forum/mechanism do these levels communicate and collaborate?

4. Could you commit to 2 or 3 policies you definitely repeal to give me some ground to work with?

5. What should be the role of the federal government in funding and regulating education?

6. What should education prepare students for?

Word count is good. Here's CX.

Awesome. Have any issues just let me know.

1. How does the Affirmative address capitalism as it exists outside of education?

The Berardi Evidence cites that the main force of capitalism and neoliberalism is education because it makes people and children into laborers of the capitalist economy, if we dispell this work of the neoliberal economy. They won´t have any workers to make them money, thus dispelling capitalism. Education is the root cause of capitalism. 

2. Define "Rejection" as used in the advocacy statement.

Basically, what the affirmation is doing is implementing and advocating for a critical pedagogy to make a better society and get rid of capitalism.

3. Developmental democracy seems to advocate shared power at all levels. Through what medium/forum/mechanism do these levels communicate and collaborate?

I do not really get the point of the question or understand it too much, but heres the best answer I can give you. They mainly collaborate through ideas and the communication of knowledge. 

4. Could you commit to 2 or 3 policies you definitely repeal to give me some ground to work with?

Policies? I am not advocating for deschooling in anyway, but I think any policy by the federal government to ¨progress¨ education is bad. 

5. What should be the role of the federal government in funding and regulating education?

None, the federal government goal is to advance capitalism, and the entire 1AC is offense to why the government being involved in education is bad. 

6. What should education prepare students for?

Life, and for being intellectuals in society, Knowledge should be used to better society and create a better world to live in, not to progress the capitalist economy.

Let me know with any follow ups or any other questions. I am a pretty go with the flow guy, so I try not to be too much of an asshole

A couple of follow-up questions:

1. You said the federal government does not have a role in education. Does that mean the Affirmative advocates eliminating all federal funding and regulation of education?

2. Who funds schools post-advocacy?

3. Regarding my question about communication, I'm getting at:

-who is ultimately responsible for educational policies?

-how can collaboration be neutral and equal if poor and minority people may lack the time and resources to contribute and are inevitably over-powered by the democratic majority?

A couple of follow-up questions:

1. You said the federal government does not have a role in education. Does that mean the Affirmative advocates eliminating all federal funding and regulation of education?

What I advocate for is a complete elimination of the federal government in education. I am not saying get rid of education, education is great, but it should not be used to fuel capitalist goals. 

2. Who funds schools post-advocacy?

This isnt more so of a policy more than it is a way we teach children, i.e. like in terms of curriculum the school life (like the bells for factories) We would completely restructure the schooling system as a whole.

3. Regarding my question about communication, I'm getting at:

-who is ultimately responsible for educational policies?

The people and parents in communities.

-how can collaboration be neutral and equal if poor and minority people may lack the time and resources to contribute and are inevitably over-powered by the democratic majority?

In the world of the aff, Poverty is a capitalist driven issue without capitalism in place poverty and inequality are eventually driven out. I also see that capitalism is a massive problem within democracy and the aff claims to help solve capitalism

Who pays for schools to be built and maintained in the absence of government funding?

Assuming the Government still, but with a couple changes a.our critical pedagogy in place, people's knowledge won't be used to and b. A changed governmental stance with education involvement and towards capitalism

Cross X

Whats the Status of all off?

Is the BIFO off a PIK?

Same with the 3rd off is it a PIC?

Are you advocating for Mars Colonization as a solution to extinction?

Will you stick with that the whole round?

as Per the ritter Evidence you want to kill the educational value of debate?

Where do I say life does not have value?

What is Political Fatalism?

If I prove that Critical Pedagogy is a better environment for the disabled than capitalism, Do i win this?

Can you explain the warrant of the Simpson and Dervin 17?

what are the levers of power? 

Cross X

Whats the Status of all off?

The counterplan and the poem are conditional.

Is the BIFO off a PIK?

It's a poetic reconfiguration of the 1AC advocacy.

Same with the 3rd off is it a PIC?

Yeah.

Are you advocating for Mars Colonization as a solution to extinction?

To extinction on Earth, yes.

Will you stick with that the whole round?

I don't have to go for the capitalism DA.

as Per the ritter Evidence you want to kill the educational value of debate?

The argument is that if you're right that educational competition is destructive, you shouldn't want to use that truth to win the educational competition of this debate.

Where do I say life does not have value?

The first sentence of the 1AC.

What is Political Fatalism?

A blanket rejection of the potential for politics to make things better, like when you say "any policy by the federal government to ¨progress¨ education is bad" in 1AC CX.

If I prove that Critical Pedagogy is a better environment for the disabled than capitalism, Do i win this?

Not if your method for achieving post-capitalism is inherently exclusive of disabled students.

Can you explain the warrant of the Simpson and Dervin 17?

We think you use "democracy" not as an actual indicator of a style of politics but as a descriptor implying "good," "fair," and "inclusive." You sacrifice equity in the name of equality.

what are the levers of power? 

It's a term you use in the 1AC. It refers to positions that actually significantly affect the outcome of politics and society.

CX:

1. "we still advocate for increasing a form of regulation on education"--what federal regulations do you increase?

2. What's the role of the Negative when the role of the Affirmative is to discuss the topic?

3. 1AC CX said both "What I advocate for is a complete elimination of the federal government in education" and "Assuming the Government still" (pays for schools). Which is it? What does the Affirmative do?

There'll be more questions.

CX:

1. "we still advocate for increasing a form of regulation on education"--what federal regulations do you increase?

I don't increase federal regulations, But A. 1AC is offense for why increasing is bad, and B. Counter-Interp says other wise.

2. What's the role of the Negative when the role of the Affirmative is to discuss the topic?

To negate the affirmative in the context of the resolution. That's my interp.

3. 1AC CX said both "What I advocate for is a complete elimination of the federal government in education" and "Assuming the Government still" (pays for schools). Which is it? What does the Affirmative do?

So, Yeah I understand the confusion. My Bad, The idea is a restructuring of the current system we have. If you look at how Chicago Public Schools(CPS) are being ran now. The people  took control and fought for what they wanted, and now they have a totally different education system. I subscribe to Locke's social contract theory, but the current governmental structure is too bad for us to have so much government control. The aff changes what is in schools now rather than like for example, Deschooling. I AM NOT GOING FOR DESCHOOLING OF ANY FORM. KEEP SCHOOLS RESTRUCTURE THE STATUS QUO.

MY APOLOGIES FOR ANY CONFUSION.

There'll be more questions.

Cool

Okay.

1. So I'm trying to read about Chicago Public Schools and the most I can find is that there were some protests/strikes over teacher pay. Is there anything more specific you can point me to?

2. The advocacy still says "Reject neoliberal reforms." Are there any federal regulations you *do* reject? Which ones?

3. Are your permutations both just "do both"?

4. Your interpretation on T--increase is "the aff must increase education." Does that mean in-round education? Or does that mean "advocate a better school system"?

Okay.

1. So I'm trying to read about Chicago Public Schools and the most I can find is that there were some protests/strikes over teacher pay. Is there anything more specific you can point me to?

So, the bigger thing is that more locally they made a lot more changes, it happened in 2017 I think. I have a card about it Lipman speaks about it, in later stuff, if you wanna go for that.

2. The advocacy still says "Reject neoliberal reforms." Are there any federal regulations you *do* reject? Which ones?

Big Picture, Curriculum, things like STEM, pushing fields and jobs. Overall, if it helps you get a job, its rejected.

3. Are your permutations both just "do both"?

Sorry, should of clarifyed. Yes.

4. Your interpretation on T--increase is "the aff must increase education." Does that mean in-round education? Or does that mean "advocate a better school system"?

the 2nd one.

Hey, I had a question come up while working on my speech. You say severance/intrinsic/advocated perms check the abuse of conditionality. If I concede you get those perms, is conditionality still a voting issue?

Hey, I had a question come up while working on my speech. You say severance/intrinsic/advocated perms check the abuse of conditionality. If I concede you get those perms, is conditionality still a voting issue?

Yes. The other reasons still exist. You would have to address those. So, You would have to do a little more than just concede the perms.

Do I have 24 hours from my first set of CX questions to post a speech?

Honestly, you're a Cross-X god imo. Take your time. I would just say we should probably get this debate done before sunday.