Jw4167

ODT R1: Jw4167 v AQuackDebater

CX: 3 post limit sound good?

What exactly does the plan do?

Who advocates for the plan? Like what piece of evidence in the 1AC outlines and recommends this specific proposal for Title I reform.

Who does it help? How?

What is the comparability loophole?

What is the warrant for Pogge? also what parts of it are you reading? It's unhighlighted.

Same thing with Jakobsen? also unhighlighted.

Claudio is also unhighlighted - could you just highlight these cards and repost?

Pogge

Jakobsen

Claudio

Ireland

James

What does the Brown et al 15 ev do? Like what does it establish for the 1AC?

What is the threshold for an impact "obsessed with magnitude?"

How does the James ev articulation of legal allowance of neo-racist policies being morally abhorrent cohere with the 1AC's deployment of that same legal system?

What does pragmatism mean in the context of Claudio? How does one qualify if a method is "pragmatic?"

How does the 1AC interact with larger superstructures like capitalism and antiblackness?

What does reading this 1AC do for single black moms in crack houses in the projects? Or black men getting shot in the street or thrown in jail by the cops? You talk about providing opportunity and resolving exclusion but I wanna make it clear now how the aff resolves these things.

Edited by AQuackDebater

First, my document is all highlighted so I don't know why it is not for you

CX: 3 post limit sound good?

Sure

What exactly does the plan do?

Funds all title 1 schools by per-pupil expenditures, so funds schools by the ones with the least funding per student - this is how it should be but the comparability loophole messes it up

Who advocates for the plan? Like what piece of evidence in the 1AC outlines and recommends this specific proposal for Title I reform.

The Hanna et all evidence says the comparability loophole is what is causing title 1 to be bad and says we need to change the way we fund to be more equitable - per-pupil solves this

Who does it help? How?

funding goes to schools who need it, in the squo it will go to rich or other schools who don't need it

What is the comparability loophole?

The brown et al evidence outlines this - title 1 funds are supposed to go to poor school but if a school is "comparable" they get funds. This means rich schools that have similar amount of teachers, which is how they decide what is comparable, take title 1 funds from poor schools

What is the warrant for Pogge? also what parts of it are you reading? It's unhighlighted.

basically poverty>other impacts and it is obligation

Same thing with Jakobsen? also unhighlighted.

Basically that big impacts are hyped in order to distract inequality and that it is a bigger impact then existential threats

Claudio is also unhighlighted - could you just highlight these cards and repost?

Pogge

Jakobsen

Claudio

Ireland

James

What does the Brown et al 15 ev do? Like what does it establish for the 1AC?

Inherency plus explanation of comparability loophole

What is the threshold for an impact "obsessed with magnitude?"

it doesn't really draw a line, but like nuclear war or far fetched link chains shuld not be prioritized over ongoing inequality

How does the James ev articulation of legal allowance of neo-racist policies being morally abhorrent cohere with the 1AC's deployment of that same legal system?

I think it makes the statement that working withing the legal system to figh against discrimination in the education system is good and necessary

What does pragmatism mean in the context of Claudio? How does one qualify if a method is "pragmatic?"

policy changes, using the state, think like that, basically trump will coopt grassroots stuff so we need to use the state

How does the 1AC interact with larger superstructures like capitalism and antiblackness?

We make demands on the state to create real change against these "superstructures"

What does reading this 1AC do for single black moms in crack houses in the projects? Or black men getting shot in the street or thrown in jail by the cops? You talk about providing opportunity and resolving exclusion but I wanna make it clear now how the aff resolves these things.

Obviously reading it does nothing, but hypothetically doing the plan would enable social mobility to get out of poverty by giving people access to education, which our Ireland evidence says is the most important factor when reducing inequality.

First, my document is all highlighted so I don't know why it is not for you

The version you PMd me works

Funds all title 1 schools by per-pupil expenditures, so funds schools by the ones with the least funding per student - this is how it should be but the comparability loophole messes it up

How does this interact with existing regulations?

basically poverty>other impacts and it is obligation

Why is it an obligation? Explain what makes poverty a prior ethical question other than "it sucks"

Basically that big impacts are hyped in order to distract inequality and that it is a bigger impact then existential threats

Uhh thats Jackson not Jakobsen - Jakobsen is the no war card.

it doesn't really draw a line, but like nuclear war or far fetched link chains shuld not be prioritized over ongoing inequality

Again, what makes a link chain far fetched? Just because something like global warming is a huge impact, does that mean its automatically like fake or some shit?

I think it makes the statement that working withing the legal system to figh against discrimination in the education system is good and necessary

Where in that card does it say that? 

policy changes, using the state, think like that, basically trump will coopt grassroots stuff so we need to use the state

Who uses the state?

We make demands on the state to create real change against these "superstructures"

So what is your demand?

1NC should be up by like 10 tonight if thats alright, sorry

How does this interact with existing regulations?

It basically supersedes them; now funds be distributed based of per-pupil expenditures

Why is it an obligation? Explain what makes poverty a prior ethical question other than "it sucks"

The fact that it is preventable pain and suffering that forces millions of people into a life stuck in poverty, its also the biggest impact in lives lost so it comes first

Uhh thats Jackson not Jakobsen - Jakobsen is the no war card.

Ohh my bad, it has a couple warrants for no war,

1st our allies are increasing defense spending

2nd Trumps unpredictability makes countries scared to act

3rd Trumps recent military defense spending deter aggressors

4th countries will make new economic ties instead of going to war

Again, what makes a link chain far fetched? Just because something like global warming is a huge impact, does that mean its automatically like fake or some shit?

no, more in the context of like politic disads or like what are they going to pass that will actually solve warming, mainly really long link scenarios with huge impacts. It's not that these shouldn't be listened to, but just the less likely it sounds the more you should air affirmative on structural violence with 100% probability

Where in that card does it say that?

It starts with federal policies are bad now " federal policies that broadened access to safe, stable communities for some, while simultaneously denying home ownership, quality education, and public services to others"

Then that we have to do something better "We have a duty to also consider the value of school integration in helping us achieve our goal of substantive equality

We have a moral imperative to actively embrace a commitment to racial inclusion in our schools and neighborhoods"

Racial inclusion is done through the legal system

Who uses the state?

The plan uses the government, we just thing that real policies through the government are good and necessary for change

So what is your demand?

Sorry my first answer was kind of wrong, Its just that we think the government doing the plan is a good idea

Ok i debate in a small circuit where judges wont even listen to cap ks so these are going to be very basic questions

Floating PIK?

Explain the thesis of the K?

so like can you explain the links?

can society get better?

explain Zirkel and Johnson 16’

what is the alt and is it based of the performance of the 1ac?

How does the world change in the world of the alt?

Ok i debate in a small circuit where judges wont even listen to cap ks so these are going to be very basic questions

Sure! No worries, happy to help this be a learning experience. :) 

Floating PIK?

Nah

Explain the thesis of the K?

We say you contribute to the logic of whiteness and civil society, which is violent and imposes gratuitous violence onto Blackness.

so like can you explain the links?

I mean we have quite a few but in essence we say that the 1AC is predicated on a logic of assimilating blackness into civil society. Your idea of "helping" Black bodies is just helping them play the white game, so to speak. Couple different warrants for this.

can society get better?

What does "better" mean? What is "society?" Will civil society in its current form ever get better for Blackness? Probably not. Civil society is built on the exclusion and subjugation of Blackness.

explain Zirkel and Johnson 16’

Blackness is viewed as an incurable aberration in schooling. Violence stems from paranoia – insecurity is bred into students and administrators, born of the fear of a strong black identity – they’re too loud, can’t be educated. 

what is the alt and is it based of the performance of the 1ac?

our alt is to engage in wake work - focusing on an analysis of Blackness in the wake of the slave ship and allowing for Black self-care and hope. We act from the position of the hold, focusing on places of fugitivity and subterfuge dunno what you mean by "based on the performance of the 1AC" - elaborate? 

How does the world change in the world of the alt?

We are allowing for the deconstruction of Black positionality and white civil society. it's not so much about "change" in the traditional sense as much as "remake" the world.

Edited by AQuackDebater
  • Upvote 1

what is blackness?, and if there is good material change for blacks would that be a good thing?

how do black lives improve in the world of the alt?

How does the alternative challenge oppressive power structures and racism in institutions?

Were the civil rights act, 15th amendment, Brown v Board, abolishing slavery, etc bad things? Why arn't these proof material change can get better?

What is engaging in wake work? reading the 1ac?

How does the alt interact with institutions and the government? do you make demands for material change?

what is blackness?, and if there is good material change for blacks would that be a good thing?

Blackness is an ontological position of the slave, imposed on to black bodies by white civil society. depends on your definition of "material change" - we'll argue that reform is just an attempt to impose whiteness onto black bodies

how do black lives improve in the world of the alt?

We end black/white positionality - whiteness is prob the rc of antiblack violence

How does the alternative challenge oppressive power structures and racism in institutions?

We say that theorizing antiblackness as in the wake of the ship is a prereq to understanding how racism functions

Were the civil rights act, 15th amendment, Brown v Board, abolishing slavery, etc bad things? Why arn't these proof material change can get better?

Not bad per se, just missing the point - it doesnt matter how "inclusive" you are. civil society is built on the exploitation of black flesh.

What is engaging in wake work? reading the 1ac?

Assuming you mean 1NC - sure. we say that discursive shifts away from white framings of society in favor of black knowledge production are key. so yeah the 1NC at a discursive level functions as wake work/

How does the alt interact with institutions and the government? do you make demands for material change?

We say that 1 - institutions are antiblack, and 2 - reform is just legitimizing and furthering antiblack violence, so not quite. the government doesnt care for blackness. so, blackness has to care for blackness.

High key - my school got threatened with a shooting on the day of our walkout and I have work tonight. I can get CX up today later but I'll need till tomorrow for the block.