Hey all, I'm looking to gather a consensus from the community about the best disads to states on the education topic. They can be PTX, structural, jurisdiction, circumvention, or anything. I would also  like to hear about disads to specific planks like the carbon tax or the marijuana tax.

Thanks!

Interpretation--states counterplans with additional planks are illegitimate and a voting issue--it's unfair because it artificially covers natural solvency deficits and it's anti-educational because none of the literature assumes the joint opportunity cost of multiple possible state actions.

http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/multimedia/data-visualizations/2014/fiscal-50#ind4

That link seems great for state spending DAs. Just go to one of the categories and look at their analysis and cut a card about whatever spending tradeoff, then put in an impact card.

In terms of DAs to funding planks, there's a War On Drugs DA to the weed plank in the Daily Card that I read most of the season. Carbon tax shouldn't be hard to find, just steal cards from last year's college topic.

Read spending to states. Currently states have huge budget crisis. Make it a spending da to states cp. you can use that states lack funding card as the uq to the da or as a states solvency deficit