Hey so I'm a former policy debater that has transitioned into doing LD.

I've familiarized myself with the traditional V/C + Contentions style of LD and am ready to move on to Kritikal arguments.

So, a few questions:

How does a K on the neg function in LD given the V/C framework?  Should I offer a V/C and attempt to meet my opponent's or offer a Role of the Ballot instead?  Or both?

How does a K aff function in LD, or better yet how is it different from K affs in Policy?  I'm familiar with offering the non-normative Role of the Ballot to no link or impact turn normative "you're not T" arguments, but beyond the basics I'm unaware of the nuances.  Anyone care to elaborate?

Thanks in advance!!

I've familiarized myself with the traditional V/C + Contentions style of LD and am ready to move on to Kritikal arguments.

So, a few questions:

How does a K on the neg function in LD given the V/C framework?  Should I offer a V/C and attempt to meet my opponent's or offer a Role of the Ballot instead?  Or both?

K functions the same way as in policy, and offer a RoTB and try to meet the V/C the aff presents

How does a K aff function in LD, or better yet how is it different from K affs in Policy?  I'm familiar with offering the non-normative Role of the Ballot to no link or impact turn normative "you're not T" arguments, but beyond the basics I'm unaware of the nuances.  Anyone care to elaborate?

Not super well versed in this so I'll leave this one to the big dog's

Thanks in advance!!

• Upvote 1

So, a few questions:

K functions the same way as in policy, and offer a RoTB and try to meet the V/C the aff presents

Not super well versed in this so I'll leave this one to the big dog's

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks for the response!!

Great. LD is the way to go.

K's aren't that different from Policy.

So, a few questions:

K's on the neg function almost exactly like they would in policy. Your ROTB would just be framing that directly contents the framing. Ex- Aff says "V:Morality VC:Util" K would say "WRONG. ROTB is to engage in debate against oppression. Debate about oppression is more educational than Utilitarianism"

If you've ran a K Aff before or seen a policy one there shouldn't be much difference. The only nuace I'm aware of is that Theory is read WAY MORE in LD than policy so you need your ROB to help preclude and combat the Theory args run on the neg.

Thanks in advance!!

No problem

• Upvote 1