Nonegfiat

NDT predictions

UNLV GH is my dark horse to win it. They've beaten Harvard MS and Kansas KR more than any other team this year. 

Wake AW also has a good shot. Charles is scary good and he made it to Semis of the NDT last year.

Given all that, Harvard MS has by and far the best shot to take home the NDT to Cambridge for the second time in three years. Hemanth has had consistent success against Q in NDT elims, and the only teams that have even a chance to knock them off is Georgetown BK and UNLV GH.

• Upvote 1

UNLV GH is my dark horse to win it. They've beaten Harvard MS and Kansas KR more than any other team this year. 

Wake AW also has a good shot. Charles is scary good and he made it to Semis of the NDT last year.

Given all that, Harvard MS has by and far the best shot to take home the NDT to Cambridge for the second time in three years. Hemanth has had consistent success against Q in NDT elims, and the only teams that have even a chance to knock them off is Georgetown BK and UNLV GH.

UNLV is also my dark horse. I'm also going to predict that finals will not be Harvard vs Kansas. They're gonna be on the same side of the bracket and either hit in semis or one of them is going to drop in quarters. I agree Wake AW could make a deep run, but no one really knows what to expect of them at this point since they've only been to three tournaments as partners. Georgetown BK, also, has gotten really good as of late. They seem to be winning on the aff more than they were earlier in the year. 

Iowa GL

they're not NDT eligible, but they are my pick to win CEDA

8, unless you got a bye.  that makes it easier to break at than the toc, going 5-3 is much easier than going 5-2

Except not really, because the quality of competition is exponentially higher at the NDT than the TOC

• Upvote 5

2 of the Top-5 Pre-tournament teams dropped in huge upsets in Double Octos channeling the NDT's own spirit of March Madness.

Wake AW dropped on a 2-3 to Michigan GW reading their Black Panthers Aff and the 2NR going for a Double Turned Midterms DA, the States Counterplan, and Federalism.

Kentucky BT also dropped on a 5-0 to Central Oklahoma reading their Single Payer Aff and the 2NR going for the Menstruation Kritik.

Side note, also probably the biggest upset of the tournament so far - Emory FG which was a 1st round team dropped to Liberty HS. Not sure what the 2NR was since it wasn't streamed to my knowledge but the 1NC was Framework and the Reparations K vs Liberty's Black Care Aff.

2 of the teams with byes in Doubles dropped. 

Northwestern CE dropped to Georgetown KL on a 2-3 reading a new Reproductive Rights Aff and Natalie going for Midterms and an advantage Counterplan in the 2NR

Cal Berkeley GF also lost on a 2-3 to Michigan GW reading their Patient Protection Aff.

Harvard continues their path of utter destruction winning on a 5-0 against Baylor.

All 4 of the Quarterfinal debates will be Clash of Civilizations. Harvard MS vs Cornell KR, Kansas KR vs UNLV GH, Michigan GW vs Louisville WY, and Georgetown BK vs Oklahoma PS.

Harvard MS is still my favorite to win. UNLV will most likely take down Kansas, they've been the dragon-slayers of top-5 teams all year but I think Hemanth's experience in deep elims at the NDT will bring him out on top in semis.