For next year my partner and I are planning on running a baudrillard kaff and I was wondering if anyone had specific tips for a baudrillard aff as well as tips for running a kaff in general. Also if anyone has tips for answering framework that would be dope.

What kind of Baudrillard k aff did you have in mind? There are a lot of Baudrillard possible affs lol.

Depends what you mean like as in advantages or solvency mechanism or something else cause honestly I haven't decided yet but I'm prob gonna do a very Marxist form of baudrillard but still connect it to all the hyperreality bs and use Mystification(bunch of random signifiers to show the flaws of system) to solve.

Depends what you mean like as in advantages or solvency mechanism or something else cause honestly I haven't decided yet but I'm prob gonna do a very Marxist form of baudrillard but still connect it to all the hyperreality bs and use Mystification(bunch of random signifiers to show the flaws of system) to solve.

Baudrillard is a very explicit criticism of Marxist forms of politics in the majority of his books both on a a theoretical level (Marx assumes capital works through Material structures of production, while Baudrillard assumes it works through the symbolic exchange) and on a practical level ( Marx's attempt to understand history as a teleological project, Marx is a move towards a project of liberation etc) so i'm not sure a marxist baudrillard aff makes all that much sense.

• Upvote 1

Baudrillard is a very explicit criticism of Marxist forms of politics in the majority of his books both on a a theoretical level (Marx assumes capital works through Material structures of production, while Baudrillard assumes it works through the symbolic exchange) and on a practical level ( Marx's attempt to understand history as a teleological project, Marx is a move towards a project of liberation etc) so i'm not sure a marxist baudrillard aff makes all that much sense.

I guess what I mean by Marxist is critiquing capitalism and the consumer society and use that as a reason to reject immigration which is key to capitalism. I guess to define it as Marxist baudrillard was not the best way to describe it.

Edit: also I could have misconceptions with baudrillard so if you have any suggestions that would be cool.

Edited by Masterdebater3000

I guess what I mean by Marxist is critiquing capitalism and the consumer society and use that as a reason to reject immigration which is key to capitalism. I guess to define it as Marxist baudrillard was not the best way to describe it.

Edit: also I could have misconceptions with baudrillard so if you have any suggestions that would be cool.

No offense, but I suggest that you read some of Baudrillard's lit a bit more before you get into writing a Baudrillard aff. Baudrillard's lit base is massive, and he can't really be summed up into one aff. I've seen probably 4-5+ different Baudrillard affs with different theories behind them. It's good that you understand the basic concepts behind his critique, but you should probably research a little bit more. One example of a concept that's connected to this resolution (I haven't read enough about it for me to determine whether this is an aff or neg arg lol, altho most Baudrillard stuff can be either) might be using the concept of "charity cannibalism" described in The Illusion of the End to write an aff based on illegal immigration narratives feeding the West's hunger for disaster stories. Good luck in writing a Baudrillard aff, just make sure that you FULLY understand the topic material (or, well, understand it enough to satisfy the minds of high schoolers. Which is to say, not much)
  • Upvote 1

Cool thanks. Also do you have any specific suggestions because I have read some stuff related to the k but I don't know where to start with the aff

Edited by Masterdebater3000