Arrow1124

How do you answer a k that says the aff can't solve because it's coopted by the elites

This pass weekend I wented against two different kritiks that did this. How would someone answer that? Is there a card that says the aff won't be coopted?

Edited by Arrow1124

To me, "co-opted by elites" sounds like the kind of thing someone would say if they only went for neoliberalism but also wouldn't be able to define neoliberalism.

Who even are "the elites" in this instance? Rich people? Those in power? Corporate CEOs? Leaders of economic and financial institutions? Whoever they are, they probably don't really care that the federal government funded STEM or created a right to education or tried to resolve inequality. At least not enough to "co-opt" the plan (whatever that means).

I get that there'll be resistance to an Affirmative that tries to create socio-economic equality, but I can't think of anything "the elites" could do in direct response to the plan that would significantly undermine its ability to solve.

Are they reading that garbage card that says the US is an oligarchy? That study was widely misinterpreted and if you look you should be able to find pushback against it.

round 2 moore sd academy k.docxsettler coloniasim k edmond.docx

To me, "co-opted by elites" sounds like the kind of thing someone would say if they only went for neoliberalism but also wouldn't be able to define neoliberalism.

Who even are "the elites" in this instance? Rich people? Those in power? Corporate CEOs? Leaders of economic and financial institutions? Whoever they are, they probably don't really care that the federal government funded STEM or created a right to education or tried to resolve inequality. At least not enough to "co-opt" the plan (whatever that means).

I get that there'll be resistance to an Affirmative that tries to create socio-economic equality, but I can't think of anything "the elites" could do in direct response to the plan that would significantly undermine its ability to solve.

Undercommons / University K?

Are they reading that garbage card that says the US is an oligarchy? That study was widely misinterpreted and if you look you should be able to find pushback against it.

round 2 moore sd academy k.docxsettler coloniasim k edmond.docx

Those are the kritiks they read

Edited by Arrow1124
  • Upvote 3

That specific setcol shell is the same as Oklahoma SJ, it's pretty fire. If I'm being honest you should probably read stuff contextual to each k. For example when I talked to Nico (Oklahoma J) about getting into that literature he recommended I read psychoanalysis and Tuck so I would understand the background. It's a nuanced argument and general responses won't get you far against a competent team. 

Specific Responses> General AT: Elites

Try looking into indicts of psycho and of setcol for the latter