XrossEcramination

Affs For Next Year(Immigration)

ideas from seeing only the topic wording---

an aff about opening the borders--it would have a borders K angle to it and would be tough to answer since teams could out-K opponents that read offense like open borders bad or illegal immigration bad, etc.

affs about green cards: these affs would reduce restrictions or the time it takes to get a U.S. green card: having a green card allows you to be a permanent resident of the US and live/work in the US legally--this would have a big stick angle with potential heg, economy, and innovation type advantages

affs about reducing regulation on specific groups or specific countries--this is self explanatory and there might be some advantage to hyper-specifying to no-link potential topic generics

affs about refugees-- given the current meta of the debate world i think this style of aff will be popular, as uniqueness is quite good given the regulations the administration is placing on refugee immigration right now-- think in the style of this year's affs with soft left advantages and framing contentions

affs critiquing the wording of the resolution (legal immigration)-- there is a lot of leftist critical literature out there that critiques distinctions of legal/illegal immigration-- the idea is that there is only one type of immigration or that the ideas of borders are bad (i.e. we are all one people); this is the more critical option of the borders aff and would be good for teams looking for a full K aff option, but wanting a good angle to use against framework because this aff is at minimum a discussion of the resolution which should solve any abuse

affs about H1B visas- these are used by U.S. technology companies to get hundreds of thousands of software engineers and other technically skilled workers into the country (mainly from India); this is another big stick option with economy, soft power, heg, innovation, and competitiveness impacts possible

affs about J1 visas: this visa is for research scholars, professors, and cultural exchange visitors to enter the US; similar to H1B visas, but with culture impacts possible

affs about F1 visas: this visa is for foreigners who want to enroll full time at U.S. 4-year colleges; again similar to H1B visas and J1 visas

affs about M visas: for foreigners who want to study vocational or technical training in the U.S.; again similar to h1b and j1

affs about U1 and T1 visas: this is for victims of human trafficking and for victims of crime

affs about R1 visas: these are for religious workers

affs about O1A visas: these are for individuals with some extraordinary talent to make contributions to the arts, sciences, business, education, or TV to work temporarily in the U.S.; again similar to H1B visas and j1 visas

affs about wholesale immigration reform: these affs would propose sweeping changes to the U.S. immigration system and would clean up the rather convoluted system we have-- potential soft power, heg, economy, and other advantages--- the tradeoff is that they would be very susceptible to PIC's out of small parts of the proposal that the neg could argue are bad

in summary: there are lots of options out there to be researched-- go find them and construct files--this topic is quite big despite its initial narrow impression and variety will be larger here than the current education topic; it offers a good mixture of LARP/K options so both sides of the divide in the community should be satisfied while also satisfying hybrid debaters who seek soft left positions

• Upvote 7

I want to write an Affirmative about annexing a country. Like Mexico. Annexico. Or Canada. Canaddendum.

I made a Canada aff at state about opening the US Canada border. You can have it cuz im probably not gonna run it, but you'd need to help me find a solvency card just in case i do cuz the one i have now is pretty bad

I want to write an Affirmative about annexing a country. Like Mexico. Annexico. Or Canada. Canaddendum.

The USFG should substantially reduce its restrictions on legal immigration to the United States by annexing the entire world

:^)

• Upvote 2

The USFG should substantially reduce its restrictions on legal immigration to the United States by annexing the entire world

I like it. Maybe "extra-topical" or "a bad idea" but I like it.
  • Upvote 1

Can we please make this a thing? I want to write this case now, maybe just for practice over the summer but still. Like, advantages and everything could be proven by calculating the entire worlds gdp, maybe how much regions would benefit from better commerce with the rest of the world United States. Idk, but I wonder if I could win anything with it....

Perfect immigration procedure! Will once again consult with our travel agent to guide us accordingly. Everyday classes at ielts coaching in zirakpur are improving my way of speaking and score of course. Preparation tips and books are provided with superb latest material. Reading time management is taught to complete it in exact forty five minutes.