Hey Cross-X community, how many of you are running midterms and what are your thoughts on it? 

Also, what are your thoughts on the specific links? I think the best internal link is preventing a GOP super majority, but I'm not sure how strong the link chain is.

I still run it. I use the impeachment module. Democrats are definetely winning Congress looking at the polls, I think it's a matter of how much. 

• Upvote 1

80% of the politics disads ive hit on the college topic have been midterms. i dont like them very much:

1. trump impeachment is not going to happen

2. it's easy to impact turn impeachment to say it causes lashout

3. people read these generic impacts to trump presidency as if he's not in office already

4. supermajority is the best scenario i agree, but there isn't really any good evidence that says passing NHI would give the GOP a supermajority, and if it isn't true on healthcare i can't imagine it would be true for education. in general i think trump's unpopularity (along with a lot of other stuff) thumps the aff and if you wanna do politics, an agenda da is the way to go.

edit: and as ZidaoWang pointed out, uniqueness definitely overwhelms on the supermajority stuff anyway

Edited by Nonegfiat
  • Upvote 2

80% of the politics disads ive hit on the college topic have been midterms. i dont like them very much:

1. trump impeachment is not going to happen

2. it's easy to impact turn impeachment to say it causes lashout

3. people read these generic impacts to trump presidency as if he's not in office already

4. supermajority is the best scenario i agree, but there isn't really any good evidence that says passing NHI would give the GOP a supermajority, and if it isn't true on healthcare i can't imagine it would be true for education. in general i think trump's unpopularity (along with a lot of other stuff) thumps the aff and if you wanna do politics, an agenda da is the way to go.

edit: and as ZidaoWang pointed out, uniqueness definitely overwhelms on the supermajority stuff anyway

yeah, I agree. The links are terrible, especially on education because it's hard to prove education is a "key" issue when it really isn't. What's the agenda DA? 

yeah, I agree. The links are terrible, especially on education because it's hard to prove education is a "key" issue when it really isn't. What's the agenda DA? 

there are three main ones i've seen this year: CTR which is obviously no longer a thing, DACA which i loved reading but is more than a little bit shaky at this point, and infrastructure which is fine

if it isn't true on healthcare i can't imagine it would be true for education

this is why I hate politics research this year

• Upvote 1