GracchusBabeuf

new form of vdebate

I believe this has been attempted before. but it would be pretty cool to organize a tournament where two users act as partners in a traditional policy sense (i.e. Ryan/Snowball & Cynic/Ian vs NoNegFiat & aQuackDebater... random users i know off the top of my head from popularity). i just feel it would be an interesting learning experience (to see alternative thought processes and what not) and fun all together.

Thoughts? Opinions? Because i’d be down to try this

Interesting in theory. Very difficult to implement in practice for one debate, not to mention a whole tournament.

I agree with Ryan. The round that we attempted to do in this format never actually finished, largely due to the difficulties of coordinating the schedules of all 4 people involved.

That said, I would love to give it another try - at least for a round.

yeah im down. me and patrick can put the beat on ian and ryan. im sure with the four of us, the round would pretty likely get finished  

yeah im down. me and patrick can put the beat on ian and ryan. im sure with the four of us, the round would pretty likely get finished  

So should we just post our Condo 2AR and Framework 2NR now and save time, or...?

Edited by CynicClinic
  • Upvote 1

i love what this thread has turned into. and yeah i saw those issues tbh, but as nonegfiat said as four committed people would make it work

would also love to see that round

I agree 100%, any chance that this might be possible?