Lukrau

If you cut the card, should you put yourself at the end of the cite?

How I am doing it right now is

Last name, Credentials, Year, (First Name, Title, Link, Full Date) //Cut by My Name, Date

Is this right?

Optional but yeah you can do it that way.

Did you learn how to cite at GDI? You really don't need to say the credentials - just put it after first name. That's the way I've seen it done almost everywhere except GDI.

Edited by seanarchy

I do //Snowball just for fun, and sometimes to search for "Snowball" on the Wiki to see if cards I cut (online, at camp, etc.) are used by others. It's kind of fun to see a card you cut show up in someone else's Affirmative. Others do it so that they get credit for what they cut in a team Dropbox. It's kind of like an artist's signature. Like "Ryan was here." By no means is it necessary.

I go:

Full Name, Year [Full Date, Title, Publisher/Website, URL, qualifications]//My Initials

I think its nice to see who cut that one special card you use all the time and lowkey show appreciation for them

• Upvote 3

I do //Snowball just for fun, and sometimes to search for "Snowball" on the Wiki to see if cards I cut (online, at camp, etc.) are used by others. It's kind of fun to see a card you cut show up in someone else's Affirmative. Others do it so that they get credit for what they cut in a team Dropbox. It's kind of like an artist's signature. Like "Ryan was here." By no means is it necessary.

I saw you do it and thought it would be good

I usually put my school’s initials and then my initials. Ryan’s right that it’s by no means required but I like to do it because in this day and age the vast majority of cards people use are cut by someone else so I like to do something to signify that the card is MY card. It’s like a way of taking pride in my work.

There’s also no universally agreed upon format for citing cards. I think it’s probably agreeable that in order to be complete, a cite needs the name date qualifications and url, but past that there’s a lot of variety. Some people keep the cites tiny and make a joke out of the qualifications, other people go full MLA like they’re citing a paper for school. As long as the information you give is sufficient for people to verify that you’re not fabricating evidence, you should feel free to cite however you want.

• Upvote 2

i agree with nonegfiat and ryan, but i personally don't so i don't get hate if the card sucks, haha! but i think its a matter of personal preference and if you want credit, go ahead!

You can, that normally is for when you cut cards for a group file at camp or practice. You wouldn't normally if you just cut a card because you need it last minute.